• Replies 53,776
  • Likes 43

YoNix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Planning to get a new SD card tomorrow (will a sandisk ultra be sufficient?). Currently using gateway but planning to upgrade to a CFW at some point..
Is there a simple way to ransfer my emunand or will it be faster to do a fresh install? Does gateway store save files in the red cart or do I need to get my save files from the SD card (I only care about my pokemon games)?

jDSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I just scored a o3dsxl on 8.1 fw can I just use phailects guide and start with decrypt9 first or should I update it to 9.2 then use the guide? Also since its on 8.1 do I need any additional things to get it on ah9l +luma?

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi I just scored a o3dsxl on 8.1 fw can I just use phailects guide and start with decrypt9 first or should I update it to 9.2 then use the guide? Also since its on 8.1 do I need any additional things to get it on ah9l +luma?
Yes, start from here: https://plailect.github.io/Guide/decrypt9-(browser) and follow through.

If the console wasn't your's maybe it's better to system format it before starting the guide. (unless you want to keep what's in there)

SMALL NOTE: It's Plailect, NOT phailects, ;)

Reactions: jDSX

jDSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
I just updated Luma with LumaUpdater. The last time i checked, in Luma Menu the first option was marked (Autoboot SysNAND) and now with the update is unmark. Should i leave it like that? Or it should be mark?

JorjLopes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I was wondering what the maximum size SD card I can use to install arm9loaderhax on a New Nintendo 3DS XL is. Thanks in advance.

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated Luma with LumaUpdater. The last time i checked, in Luma Menu the first option was marked (Autoboot SysNAND) and now with the update is unmark. Should i leave it like that? Or it should be mark?

Unless you want to boot from a emuNAND, leave it unmarked, other than that, have it marked.

Hi. I was wondering what the maximum size SD card I can use to install arm9loaderhax on a New Nintendo 3DS XL is. Thanks in advance.

128GB I believe? Not sure about 256

YoNix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Planning to get a new SD card tomorrow (will a sandisk ultra be sufficient?). Currently using gateway but planning to upgrade to a CFW at some point..
Is there a simple way to ransfer my emunand or will it be faster to do a fresh install? Does gateway store save files in the red cart or do I need to get my save files from the SD card (I only care about my pokemon games)?
Bump. Also, is it better to first install luma (9.2 o3ds) and install gateway's emunand on top of it?

JorjLopes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, can I use multiple 32GB SD cards to put CIAs on, or would it be better to just use a single 128GB SD card for CIAs and arm9loaderhax? Thanks in advance.

Porotto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I updated my 3ds to 11.1.0.34E awhile back and only today noticed it has caused a few issues with my A9LH, which i just updated followin this guide: https://plailect.github.io/Guide/updating-a9lh (got up to the FBI part which doesnt show .bin files?...)

Luma3DS doesnt find the payload and doesnt update, causing it to close, and my Homebrew launcher no long runs, ontop of that all my custom themes seem to have disappeared except one?
Can someone please direct me on how to fix these issues, that would be great, thankyou.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Could you Downgrade my 3DSXL and install A9lh? If so about how much would that cost for you to do that?
I'm European. It'll probably cost more in shipping than if you bought a 2DS and used it to do the DSiWareHax.

swiitness

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep any installed game can be played online with no problem. It's only flashcarts that have issues.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you want to flash the emuNAND to sysNAND, follow the "Move emuNAND" section near the end of Plailect's guide. If you don't want it, then still follow it but don't flash the backup to sysNAND.

Cheers for the response mate. Just to doubly sure, am I just following the instructions to install GodMode9 then running only running steps from point 12 onwards? Also if this info matters, I am attempting to remove and existing emuNAND I created back when I was using the Gateway flash cart.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Cheers for the response mate. Just to doubly sure, am I just following the instructions to install GodMode9 then running only running steps from point 12 onwards? Also if this info matters, I am attempting to remove and existing emuNAND I created back when I was using the Gateway flash cart.
I'm not sure --- I thought it would all be done with emuNAND9. I'll have a look later (supposed to be at work......)

JorjLopes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, once I install a CIA on my New Nintendo 3DS XL, will I be able to delete the CIA from the root of my SD card? I heard that to have a CIA game on your 3DS, you need to have double the space of the CIA available on your SD card. Is this true, and if so, can I later delete the CIA from the root of my SD card to negate the first effect?

Porotto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Also, once I install a CIA on my New Nintendo 3DS XL, will I be able to delete the CIA from the root of my SD card? I heard that to have a CIA game on your 3DS, you need to have double the space of the CIA available on your SD card. Is this true, and if so, can I later delete the CIA from the root of my SD card to negate the first effect?
once its installed u can do what you want with the remaining cia :)

Reactions: JorjLopes

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yes. You do need the double space to do the installation (the game gets written to the Nintendo 3DS folder but you need the CIA file while it is writing.) Once installed you can delete the CIA file.

Reactions: JorjLopes

Kessenstar

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, my little brother seems to have done a mess, he updated the sysnand at 11.0.0-33 and i need a method to open emunand that i already have, can someone help me please?

Last edited by Kessenstar,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast