• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

jake6a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it safe to upgrade from 11.0.0.33 to 11.0.0.34U (Considering I'm on Plailect's guide till the end), using Nintendo's official servers?

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is there any way to get online on 9.5.0-22 without taking the dive into al9h?
You can use emunand, if you don't want to go with A9LH (Although it is easier).
You'll have to downgrade to 9.2 or it won't work. (Downgrading is risky, take that in consideration)

You can do what is on this page till step 22, then follow the link, and go with the downgrade:
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Homebrew-Launcher-(Browser)

After you downgrade to 9.2, follow this guide and you'll have your Sysnand untouched at 9.2 but an Emunand on latest FW and you can go online (play, etc) without worries:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...luding-emunand-coldboot-cia-installer.405589/

If you feel it's better to go with A9LH, just continue after the 9.2 downgrade from the step 23 of the first link I gave you.

sliver123

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I wanted to try Oothax on 11. 34 fw on another old 3ds xl, it had 10.3-28 eu, before updating i had installed something called ''sploit installer'' I updated the 3ds and now on 11. 34 fw it comes with ''error has occured please save data then restart system ''10 times tried again but still same error, do i need to use powersave again and update save file?

Bump.

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If you installed the "sploit_installer" for 10.3, it won't work on 11.1.
Put ocarina on an already hacked (with homebrew) console and run the sploit_installer from homebrew.
Select the FW and console type for the console you want it to launch.

Then put the cart on that console and run it.

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ah, but before using sploit installer'' i used powersave, i heard that with powersave it could work on 11.1, or did i need to do something else?
You only need the powersave if you don't have an already hacked console.
And it will work with either powersave or with sploit installer on whatever FW above 9.2 that you install on the cart (2 different ways to achieve the same thing, install the hack on the cart save game).

Try to clean the saves from the cart (launch the game and erase the saves from within the game).
Then just use the installer from homebrew as I said above.

When you launch the hack, your console needs to be connected to Internet to download the payload it needs to launch the Homebrew (this only happens one time). After that you can launch it without Internet.

To use powersave, you have to install the correct save from yellows8 repositor and choose the correct one for the console (region and type) and FW that it has. (The console that you want to launch the hack).

twixstix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can use emunand, if you don't want to go with A9LH (Although it is easier).
You'll have to downgrade to 9.2 or it won't work. (Downgrading is risky, take that in consideration)

You can do what is on this page till step 22, then follow the link, and go with the downgrade:
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Homebrew-Launcher-(Browser)

After you downgrade to 9.2, follow this guide and you'll have your Sysnand untouched at 9.2 but an Emunand on latest FW and you can go online (play, etc) without worries:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...luding-emunand-coldboot-cia-installer.405589/

If you feel it's better to go with A9LH, just continue after the 9.2 downgrade from the step 23 of the first link I gave you.

Yeah, the downgrade is what I'm wary about. :( Thank you for your response though.

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yeah, the downgrade is what I'm wary about. :( Thank you for your response though.
It's risky but if you read through the fórum, you'll see that way to many people have done it and if you take your time and to the things carefully, everything goes without problems.

Problems only happen when you skip steps or deviate from the given instructions.
And in doubt, stop and ask for answers. Someone will help you solve them.

ShinyGengar001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

Im finally going to take the leap and move onto A9HL+ luma From menuhax...

But i dont want to lose the use of my gateway red cart.

Could i get some info on how that's possible ?

Cheers.

Cubandipz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, so I wanna run NTR CFW on my N3DS(its brand new nothing on it) so I can stream my gameplay to my PC (I dont care to use it for anything else but that). I have Version 11.0.0-33u. I keep reading everywhere that it is mandatory to downgrade to ver. 9.2 in order to get to the NTR Step of the process. I currently seen a few Youtubers using Homebrew on the 11.0.0-33u version and was wondering since all I want to do is stream, can I use homebrew with the 11.0.0-33u version to run Luma3ds in order to run NTR CFW? I also seen another thread where a user said they were running "11.0 emunand with LUMA3DS" so this kinda brings hope to me unless I'm missing somethin that they did and were trying to run NTR CFW (which was confirmed by another as working). Any input to further my goals would be great. thank you all!

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, so I wanna run NTR CFW on my N3DS(its brand new nothing on it) so I can stream my gameplay to my PC (I dont care to use it for anything else but that). I have Version 11.0.0-33u. I keep reading everywhere that it is mandatory to downgrade to ver. 9.2 in order to get to the NTR Step of the process. I currently seen a few Youtubers using Homebrew on the 11.0.0-33u version and was wondering since all I want to do is stream, can I use homebrew with the 11.0.0-33u version to run Luma3ds in order to run NTR CFW? I also seen another thread where a user said they were running "11.0 emunand with LUMA3DS" so this kinda brings hope to me unless I'm missing somethin that they did and were trying to run NTR CFW (which was confirmed by another as working). Any input to further my goals would be great. thank you all!
You need to downgrade to 9.2 to set up Luma3DS, unfortunately. You can't launch NTR CFW or Luma3DS on stock 11.0. You are missing something when they said "11.0 emuNAND", which means they've hacked their system with more than just Homebrew.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

Cubandipz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to downgrade to 9.2 to set up Luma3DS, unfortunately. You can't launch NTR CFW or Luma3DS on stock 11.0. You are missing something when they said "11.0 emuNAND", which means they've hacked their system with more than just Homebrew.

Thanks for clearing that up for me!! didnt think someone would get back to me so fast. This community is awesome! So what about these Youtubers using browserhax and menuhax(correction from earlier) on the 11.0 ver.? Umm heres the youtube link to get a better understanding of what I am talking about: and the other guy:

if this is indeed legit, will I be able to run NTR or Luma3ds? Just trying to feel out all my options before I have to go to hardmoding =] thanks again!

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for clearing that up for me!! didnt think someone would get back to me so fast. This community is awesome! So what about these Youtubers using browserhax and menuhax(correction from earlier) on the 11.0 ver.? Umm heres the youtube link to get a better understanding of what I am talking about: and the other guy:

if this is indeed legit, will I be able to run NTR or Luma3ds? Just trying to feel out all my options before I have to go to hardmoding =] thanks again!

No, NEVER use video guides. They are almost always horribly outdated. You HAVE TO DOWNGRADE in order to use and setup Luma3DS. Browserhax and menuhax WILL NOT let you launch Luma3DS or NTR. You have to either get a hardmod or find another system with custom firmware in order to downgrade 11.0 or 11.1. There are currently NO OTHER OPTIONS. This is the only guide you should EVER follow: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki. Sorry for the caps, I just wanted to get my point across that you CANNOT get Luma3DS or launch NTR on 11.0 or 11.1 without downgrading first.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

Cubandipz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, NEVER use video guides. They are almost always horribly outdated. You HAVE TO DOWNGRADE in order to use and setup Luma3DS. Browserhax and menuhax WILL NOT let you launch Luma3DS or NTR. You have to either get a hardmod or find another system with custom firmware in order to downgrade 11.0 or 11.1. There are currently NO OTHER OPTIONS. This is the only guide you should EVER follow: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki. Sorry formthe caps, I just wanted to get my point across that you CANNOT get Luma3DS or launch NTR on 11.0 or 11.1 without downgrading first.

Thanks, just making sure. Looks like imma be harmoding my N3DS. Hey, caps are cool. No worries. That guide is gonna be my bible for this. Fingers crossed I dont mess up the hardmod haha. Those many Youtubers should let people know you need to downgrade and get the ladder firmware before getting NTR CFW!!

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Try searching next time https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-with-gateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks, just making sure. Looks like imma be harmoding my N3DS. Hey, caps are cool. No worries. That guide is gonna be my bible for this. Fingers crossed I dont mess up the hardmod haha. Those many Youtubers should let people know you need to downgrade and get the ladder (latter, not ladder :P) firmware before getting NTR CFW!!

You can get browserhax working on firmware 11.0, but you still cannot get previously patched exploits working. Thus, you'd only have access to homebrew apps, and not custom firmware.

YouTubers bait people to watch their videos. They won't tell you the total truth, but only whatever you want to hear. Be careful when following YT tutorials.

ShinyGengar001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@OrGoN3 i seen that "guide"... but ive tried booting my gateway emunand through luma and rxtools and i only get a black screen but only boots fine going to gateway mode...so i dont really wanna risk that

SIruna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, my Old 3DS is 10.7 and right now I'm unable to get freakyforms or cubic ninja where I live, so I was trying to work my way around browserhax. Would blacklisting all nintendo update domains and/or whitelist the browserhax page work and let me launch Homebrew Channel? I think it's the only option I can go after right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7