• Views 4,478,280
  • Replies 53,782
  • Likes 43

Venat

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Haven't updated in a while, can I simply do that without some downside?

Currently 11.0.33 or something with a9hl and luma.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Haven't updated in a while, can I simply do that without some downside?

Currently 11.0.33 or something with a9hl and luma.
If you use A9LH and Luma, use StarUpdater, StarUpdater-UN or Luma Updater and update to the latest Luma, then update the system through Settings. It'll be fine.

Nitro27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there any mods i can do to my 3ds running 11.1.0 ??? or should i sell it to purchase one i can mod so i can run (A9LH)

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, this is the recommended way to use your Gateway with a9lh :-)

One other thing. If I DON'T want to install al9h at the moment, is there a way to use menuhax (which I installed from part 1 of the guide, and I stopped at part 3 at this point) to boot into GW emunand, while also being able to use the redcard? Or is that not possible without al9h installed first?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
One other thing. If I DON'T want to install al9h at the moment, is there a way to use menuhax (which I installed from part 1 of the guide, and I stopped at part 3 at this point) to boot into GW emunand, while also being able to use the redcard? Or is that not possible without al9h installed first?
Yep, you can use the boot.3dsx provided from Gateway and set it up as you would Luma. Either install menuhax then replace boot.3dsx with the one from Gateway (easiest, but you can't get into the homebrew menu anymore), or set up a boot manager (I don't know how to do this but there's plenty of guides around).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

is there any mods i can do to my 3ds running 11.1.0 ??? or should i sell it to purchase one i can mod so i can run (A9LH)
You can still use homebrew if you have Cubic Ninja or Freakyhax. But you can't downgrade and use CFW (unless you have a second hacked console or are willing to send it away for a hardmod). If you can sell it and buy another with 10.7 or less for the same amount of money I would do that, or if not then send it to someone for a hardmod (shouldn't cost you more than $50 and they might install a9lh for you to save you the trouble).

cheuble

squid
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Reactions: proflayton123

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Would anyone help me with building JKSM? I haven't built any homebrew before so not sure what I am doing. The libraries it needs are all good I think, but I get an error in 3dsx.cpp about FS_Archive. Does anyone know what I need to do to fix it? Here is a screenshot of the error:

cmd.png

Edit: I found this in fs.h:

Result FSUSER_OpenArchive(FS_Archive* archive);

So it really does seem to be being called with too many arguments. But the code can't be wrong. Is there a header file or something that I haven't included that contains an overloaded version with more arguments?

Attachments

• cmd.png
    cmd.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 159
Last edited by Quantumcat,

theplasmastorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you want to change your region? Luma is region free!
If you really must know.
I bought a eur n3ds (small) when they first came out. I live in us.
The reason for all of this is mario kart 7, whose fucking download play is region locked.
I would like to dlp with my friends.

I mean if you can find a way to make download play region free, I'm all ears

Last edited by theplasmastorm,

theplasmastorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would anyone help me with building JKSM? I haven't built any homebrew before so not sure what I am doing. The libraries it needs are all good I think, but I get an error in 3dsx.cpp about FS_Archive. Does anyone know what I need to do to fix it? Here is a screenshot of the error:

View attachment 66163

Edit: I found this in fs.h:

Result FSUSER_OpenArchive(FS_Archive* archive);

So it really does seem to be being called with too many arguments. But the code can't be wrong. Is there a header file or something that I haven't included that contains an overloaded version with more arguments?
Grab it from here? https://github.com/xerpi/sftdlib

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yep. I'll download it and make it again though, just in case.

I found an instance of the same method in https://github.com/smealum/sploit_installer/blob/master/source/filesystem.c but it includes hardly anything so I can't see where the method is defined :-/ (just 3ds.h and filesystem.h, neither of which declare the method).

I fixed the one about FSUSER_CloseArchive by, in 3dsx.cpp, changing FSUSER_CloseArchive(arch); to FSUSER_CloseArchive(&arch); but that seems totally wrong. Shouldn't the github code be in a working state?

Edit:
I deleted libsftd and libsf2d and attempted to make them again, now I have the same error with libsftd that I had previously fixed (I am sure it was just putting sf2d.h in libctru/include, but doesn't work now). :-(

cmd.png

I wish someone smart could just zip up all the libraries in the devkitpro folder, for the amateurs to just extract and get on with what they wanted to do. Rather than spend a whole day on trying to be able to compile and get nowhere :-(

Last edited by Quantumcat,

cheuble

squid
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you really must know.
I bought a eur n3ds (small) when they first came out. I live in us.
The reason for all of this is mario kart 7, whose fucking download play is region locked.
I would like to dlp with my friends.

I mean if you can find a way to make download play region free, I'm all ears
It doesn't work if you install an USA CIA?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
no. download play is region locked.
it freaks out if you try to make a room in the wrong region.

might as well turn my eur 3ds into a usa 3ds while i'm at it
I think you can use a US cia but you have to do something with the user agreement to set it to already accepted (otherwise it goes in an endless loop where you can't agree to it).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit