• Views 4,531,705
  • Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

Strifept

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a 2ds on 11.0.3 Could i homebrew it in any way without having to hardmod or use another modded 2DS? thanks in advance.

Jad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
For some reason hb launcher stopped working, when i try to launch it nothing happens and my 3ds launchs normally so i downloaded the starer kit again and replaced the existing files but it didnt work. Im now trying to reinstall homebrew but i cant access web browser because im on 11.0 and need to update to 11.34, is there a way to bypass the browser update message on 11.0 ?
ps: old 3ds, no cfw, was using menuhax

Last edited by Jad,

dan0f3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loving this!

I am getting to know the freeshop and am manually updating other cia installs that were not found there. (followed the Plailect guide for A9LH+LUMA3DS). Couple of easy questions for you veterans out there:

1. Do I need to avoid the eshop at all or the eshop links in games for fear of it resetting updates or DLCs (that I have applied either manually or via the Freeshop)?
2. In line with that, I am a MASSIVE fan of undubs that the folks here make. Can DLC/Updates work with DLC (like shin megumi tensei IV undub)? I have read that they can (especially when the DLCs are simply a lock of existing content)
3. If number 2 is tru, then how the heck do you go about updating or adding DLC to an undub? Can you updarte it via freeshop or DLC cias? Examples welcome

Also, I have finally learned how to install the DLC/Updates for Japan region games. Surprised that I had to change regions in LUMA settings apply the updates and then change it back. Amazing that it's required when Luma can play the out of region titles without issues. :teach:

Edit: spelling. should be obvious i type with 2 fingers looking at a keyboard. f** it, I'm leaving the errors

Last edited by dan0f3,

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Hi guys. Is there anyway to use the BrowserHax in 11.0? Lets say that i havent openned the browser, so i never got the message to update. What should i do? (Im a complete NOOB, so PLEASE dont explain like i know ANYTHING).

And in the case that i openned the browser, if i format my 3DS, it would work?

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi guys. Is there anyway to use the BrowserHax in 11.0? Lets say that i havent openned the browser, so i never got the message to update. What should i do? (Im a complete NOOB, so PLEASE dont explain like i know ANYTHING).

If i remember correctly, you need to set your system date to 01/01/2000 00:00 and set the tubehax DNS from the systems settings before using browser hax. and even then you only have until January 2 (about two days) before the nag appears... So you'd only be able to install browserhax to get another entrypoint like menuhax (which doesn't expire).

I have a question myself, for the system transfer do you need BOTH 3ds's to be in the same room? Can't you do it online? how do they sync to know which one will be receiving the system transfer?

Last edited by Alex658,

angelo22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, but make sure to format the 64GB card to FAT32 first.
I think I've successfully formatted my microSD to FAT32 with a 32k cluster size.
However, when I insert it in the 3DS, a black screen occurs and the only way to fix it is to remove the SD card (and, I assume, hard shutdown).

Did I do something wrong with the formatting, or am I supposed to copy the "Nintendo 3DS" folder from the stock SD card to the new one?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I've successfully formatted my microSD to FAT32 with a 32k cluster size.
However, when I insert it in the 3DS, a black screen occurs and the only way to fix it is to remove the SD card (and, I assume, hard shutdown).

Did I do something wrong with the formatting, or am I supposed to copy the "Nintendo 3DS" folder from the stock SD card to the new one?
You're supposed to copy everything from the old card to the new card.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal

Did you use Menuhax? If so, remove the Menuhax data from the Nintendo 3DS directory.

Sent from my cave of despair where I collect souls

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Browserhax is locked on FW above 10.7
For you to launch Homebrew, you have to use a CART entrypoint or Steelhax (you have to have a NNID to download from eshop, Steel Wars game).
Search gbatemp for Steelhax.
Homebrew on 11 (11.1) only allows you to run homebrew and emulators. NO Downgrade or CFW.

If i remember correctly, you need to set your system date to 01/01/2000 00:00 and set the tubehax DNS from the systems settings before using browser hax. and even then you only have until January 2 (about two days) before the nag appears... So you'd only be able to install browserhax to get another entrypoint like menuhax (which doesn't expire).

I have a question myself, for the system transfer do you need BOTH 3ds's to be in the same room? Can't you do it online? how do they sync to know which one will be receiving the system transfer?
That solution is for FW below/equal to 10.7 and even so, on 10.7 it's not working well (a fresh console without ever opening browser may work)

For your question: it has to be Local (on the same router). Both communicate with Ninty servers but after beeing "authorized", and you choose "Send" and "Receive" they become connected "Local". (You can see it on the Top Screen, Top Left Corner. Instead of you seeing "Internet" or "Streetpass").

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
For you to launch Homebrew, you have to use a CART entrypoint or Steelhax (you have to have a NNID to download from eshop, Steel Wars game).
Homebrew on 11 (11.1) only allows you to run homebrew and emulators. NO Downgrade or CFW.

That solution is for FW below/equal to 10.7 and even so, on 10.7 it's not working well (a fresh console without ever opening browser may work)

For your question: it has to be Local (on the same router). Both communicate with Ninty servers but after beeing "authorized", and you choose "Send" and "Receive" they become connected "Local". (You can see it on the Top Screen, Top Left Corner. Instead of you seeing "Internet" or "Streetpass").
The solution is for 10.6 or lower. For 10.7-11.0, blocking the addresses is needed.

Sent from my cave of despair where I collect souls

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Ahhh, so they connect similarly to a DL client app.
That makes it so that you can only transfer on the same enviroment. Thanks cravas!
And yes, I remember menuhax got updated for 11.0 (v3) but couldn't remember what other entrypoints were, as well. Sad to see browserhax wasn't one of them.

Mystletaynn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, I have Homebrew from oothax using a Powersaves cartridge, and today I went to go make a backup of a save file and found that I could not longer access Homebrew. Initially things loaded fine, but then it froze at the status message "The homemenu robpin is ready", kicked me back to the 3DS home menu, with the error "An error has occured. Please save your data in any software currently in use, and then restart the system." I tried a fresh reinstall of the homebrew start kit files and it didn't change the situation. Anything I'm missing? If someone could give me a quick rundown on solution, that'd be much appreciated. Thanks!

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, I have Homebrew from oothax using a Powersaves cartridge, and today I went to go make a backup of a save file and found that I could not longer access Homebrew. Initially things loaded fine, but then it froze at the status message "The homemenu robpin is ready", kicked me back to the 3DS home menu, with the error "An error has occured. Please save your data in any software currently in use, and then restart the system." I tried a fresh reinstall of the homebrew start kit files and it didn't change the situation. Anything I'm missing? If someone could give me a quick rundown on solution, that'd be much appreciated. Thanks!
Are you using the right Powersave file for your console model, firmware, and region? Did you update your system and not replace the payload by any chance?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a system update about a month ago, right?

My bin file for the Powersaves backup is POST5_U_25600_usa_9221.bin, created 7/19/2016. It is likely outdated, then. Is this the correct website to get a new one from? https://smealum.github.io/3ds/
Yes, 11.1.0-34 was released about a month ago. No, you find out the name of the Powersaves file you need from that website by entering your system details. You get the actual oot3dhax Powersaves files from here. Download the latest release.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :sad:,:rofl2:, and:hrth::toot::hrth: at the same time. @SylverReZ
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ i did know that actually
    +2
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    LTT also did it
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    jdhello
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: the Sonys and stuff I don't care about