United States

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got this all set up and it gave me the "An error has occurred" black screen. I tried launching YSMenu from my R4i to play portalDS, and it says BOOTING LOADING for a split second, but loads and then displays a white screen. Is there another alternative?

I apologize if I'm starting to annoy you.
Do you have Luma3DS?

OctoNezd

*insert some funny quote here*
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Currently, i`m on 4.3 sysNAND with rxtools 3.0(but experimenting with CakesCFW) using ds profile exploit.
I have seen many cool things about Luma3DS, so the question is: could i use ds profile exploit to boot Luma3DS

Last edited by OctoNezd,

Tinybear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Set up homebrew and use JKSM to backup their saves
  • When finished downgrading, system transfer back to the original hacked 3ds (if you care about keeping FieldRunners and anything else on that NNID, otherwise just format)
  • When finished hacking your console, relink its original NNID
  • Redownload all your games
  • Use JKSM to reinject back all the saves
I was doing this but some games will not backup with any of the same managers. Also I lose things like my miis and Streetpass data. What would I lose on the unhacked 3ds if I followed Plailect's guide

Last edited by Tinybear,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I was doing this but some games will not backup with any of the same managers. Also I lose things like my miis and Streetpass data. What would I lose on the unpacked 3ds if I followed Plailect's guide
If you want to be sure not to lose your Streetpass stuff, transfer it to the hacked console first (assuming you don't mind losing stuff on the hacked console), wait 7 days, buy FieldRunners and load the save etc, then transfer back.

BananaSlamma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it currently safe to update gateway3ds emunand though the system menu? I'm on GW3D 9.0.0-20U with launcher 3.7.1 now, but I think I need to update it for Kirby Planet Robobot to work

EDIT: I went ahead and did it anyway. Emunand updated to 11.0.0-33 with no problems

Last edited by BananaSlamma,

Sonic0509

Sometimes I'm Maryushi3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi! I hacked my 2DS just yesterday and how many stupid laughs this brought to me is beyond imagination :yay3ds:. But just as I was about to fall asleep a question appeared.

Every CIA and eShop game has an ID. So in theory, if I install a title with same ID as one already installed it will just install over it. As for retail games this doesn't worry me much but... (now the question part) how do homebrew developers keep their CIAs' IDs unique so that they don't interfere with licensed content (or other homebrew)? And kinda the same question applies I suppose to VC injections. Are the IDs uniquely generated based on injected ROMs ID and emulated console?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi! I hacked my 2DS just yesterday and how many stupid laughs this brought to me is beyond imagination :yay3ds:. But just as I was about to fall asleep a question appeared.

Every CIA and eShop game has an ID. So in theory, if I install a title with same ID as one already installed it will just install over it. As for retail games this doesn't worry me much but... (now the question part) how do homebrew developers keep their CIAs' IDs unique so that they don't interfere with licensed content (or other homebrew)? And kinda the same question applies I suppose to VC injections. Are the IDs uniquely generated based on injected ROMs ID and emulated console?
Generally yes, if devs make title IDs the same it is on purpose. For example, I think FBI 2.x versions have the same title ID, but 1.4 has a different one because it has different compatibility and people like to have both installed at the same time.

moto999999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone help me? I don't know if I have A9LH running in my n3ds. I've followed Plailect's guide and in part 5 section II I got a glitched screen and pressed select. From that point I was able to run Hourglass9 and restore my emunand in 11.0 with luma into the system. Everything is working, so it has been succesfully installed right?

unExplodeX

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone just purchase a new 3Ds XL earlier today iam from the Philippines just like to ask if how can i CFW my 3dsxl version 10.4 n3ds xl how can i have an arm9 cfw to it please do response with the link i can follow as this would be my first time doing this because this is my first n3ds xl thank you!

NintenDavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by NintenDavid,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol