1. GoMati

GoMati Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    Hi guys! I've ordered hardmodding my 3ds from 11.x to a9lh. As for now I have a9lh+luma3ds updated to 11.0.0.-33E on SD card (which I believe qualifies as emunand). I also have CIAngel and Title Manager installed + HomebrewLauncher (as icons on 3ds). Now:

1. What should I look at to check whether job's been done correctly? Anything to check? Should I update my 3ds system or luma using lumaupdater? How to check a9lh version? If it's v1 is it worth to update straight away? To which backup (from Plailect's guide) should I go if something goes wrong? Should I use EmuNAND9 or Hourglass9 for this? Should I update those utilities from time to time and how?

2. I wanted to a9lh mostly cause of modded CIAs I found on 3dsiso. How should I approach them? Should I install FBI for those? Any chance for a guide here so I can better understand WTH am I doing? :P

Thanks in advance!

2. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

United States
    Do it using the original region, then do a region swap. You will likely brick if you use a region swapped sysnand for 2.1

3. Loversan

Loversan Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Cote d'Ivoire
    Hello c: I was wondering if there is a way to stream the screens of a N3ds XL using Luma (without a capture card)? I found a tutorial to do it with NTR CFW but I can't find anything with Luma :c

4. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

United States
    just install ntr cfw (its not a cfw like luma, it does everything after you have booted and have home menu access)

5. Xandrid

Xandrid GBAtemp Maniac

Nigeria
    I got a 128gb micro sd card was using a 16gb, do I need to do anything to transfer my things to my 128gb micro sd?

6. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

United States
    format your 128 gb sd card to fat32 64k cluster size, then copy everything from the old sd to the new one. if you are using emunand, only copy the essentials needed to get into homebrew and use emunand9 to format your sd with an emunand setup.

7. KY_79

KY_79 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Bump

8. Priyam

Priyam GBAtemp Regular

India
    So, I have seen stuffs about linking and delinking NNID during the a9hl process. Can I simply make a NNID after the whole process?​

9. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Yes.

10. nOnEkNoWs

nOnEkNoWs Newbie
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    I am new to 3ds flashcards and I read a lot of it and I hope my conclusions are correct:
    1. The only Flashcard working with all Firmware versions of 3DS is Sky3DS+
    2. Homebrew is possible with a few manual steps
    3. Online playing requires powersave 3ds and an original cartridge to get the private header
    One question left:
    Can I play old Nintenod DS or DSi Games with this flashcard?

11. ghostpotato

ghostpotato GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I got it to work! For some reason, when I launch YSMenu (through the forwarder or from my R4i card manually) and then launch Homebrew Menu and then launch Aperture Science DS, it works!

12. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL
    Developer

United States
    Then an HBMenu forwarder will do. While "Games are on SD card" is checked, select the HBMenu .nds file that's on your flashcard.

13. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Australia
    No, you need a DS flashcart. Sky3DS only plays 3DS cartridge games.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Reinstall their tickets. A few ways:
    1. Look them up on the titlekeys database and scan the QR code with FBI 2.x.
    2. Use CIAngel to look up the game and install the tickets.
    3. Look them up with freeShop and quit the download after a few seconds.

14. 7Robins

7Robins Bob is watching you.

United States
    What flashcards do you guys recommend for a 2DS on the latest firmware, for running DS and/or 3DS ROMs? I'm mostly looking for DS ROM compatibilty, but if 3DS can be done as well then that's great.

15. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Australia
    For 3DS roms the only compatible flashcart is Sky3DS (but you'd be better off sending it away to be hardmodded and downgraded, then using CFW to play every game possible instead of only ones from cartridges. Would probably cost less too). For DS games, for guaranteed compatibility get a DSTwo (plus can play SNES, GBA etc) but I have heard many people recommend R4i Gold 3DS, which would be cheaper.

ih8ih8sn0w likes this.
  16. KY_79

KY_79 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    OK so I tried two of these methods but neither of them worked. Installing the tickets did nothing and installing the whole game made a new savedata. But I did try experimenting something:
    Replacing the dbs folder with the old one made my old games reappear but all of my CIAs disappeared and I couldnt install any more CIAs. So basically:
    -Old dbs: old games appear but no CIAs
    -New dbs: CIAs appear but old games disappear.

17. 126_spaghetti_126

Banned

There is a computer repairman that has a soldering station.Should i give him the instructions to make him do the hardmod ?

Also,how can i get tri-wing screws that secures the microSD adapter ?

18. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

United States
    Back up the save data of which ever set is the least amount of effort to do, uninstall those games with fbi, then install onto the new one, then restore their saves.

Quantumcat likes this.
  19. PrometheusG.

PrometheusG. GBAtemp Fan

Greece
    Hi,
    Considering the dsi-downgrade method from Plailect's guide:
    1)Do I have to backup the #1 3DS, format it and then create the dummy NNID?
    2)On the #2 3DS do I have to format it first to unlink my current NNID?
    3)After finishing the whole guide and installing A9lh exploit on #2 3DS can I link back the NNID I had? I read that: "3DS #1's NNID will be stuck on 3DS #2 unless you either system transfer back or call Nintendo! (details in the instructions)"
    So do I have to call Nintendo,cause the #1 3DS is a 2DS and the #2 3DS in a N3DS XL

thank you!

20. Protatoxxxeater

Protatoxxxeater GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If you read the page fully most of these questions should be answered, you should read it fully so you know what your doing

Quantumcat likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE,