• Replies 53,783
  • Likes 43

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does microSD speed matter for DS flashcard on a 3DS? Such as ones with 30mb/s, 48/mbs, 80mb/s etc. The higher the better or is the flashcard bottlenecked at certain speed?
You shouldn't have to worry about bottlenecking from r/w speed of sd cards (for flashcards at least), but with the prices for class 10 micro sd cards with a large capacity, why are you considering anything below 48 mbps?

BlueLeafeon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me for the dumb question, but how precisely would you use supermysterychunk hax? I know that its general purpose will be in the future, when a new update is released for 3DS, and I can use it to reactivate homebrew, but somebody told me it could also be used to put homebrew on another 3DS. I haven't been able to figure out how, though.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me for the dumb question, but how precisely would you use supermysterychunk hax? I know that its general purpose will be in the future, when a new update is released for 3DS, and I can use it to reactivate homebrew, but somebody told me it could also be used to put homebrew on another 3DS. I haven't been able to figure out how, though.
Well you don't need that exploit right now, if you wish to use homebrew, you can use browserhax :)

BlueLeafeon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you don't need that exploit right now, if you wish to use homebrew, you can use browserhax :)
Yeah, true, but I kind of wanted to know for future purposes, lol.

Browserhax would be easiest. I just want to test and make sure that I can edit ACNL saves using just homebrew without custom firmware, as a friend of mine says they couldn't until they got cfw.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, true, but I kind of wanted to know for future purposes, lol.

Browserhax would be easiest. I just want to test and make sure that I can edit ACNL saves using just homebrew without custom firmware, as a friend of mine says they couldn't until they got cfw.
Well if there is a save editor for the game, then he can just use the browserhax to load homebrew and extract the save to use in the program.

As for the game exploit, not all of them survive the updates nintendo throw at up. they are stability updates after all. :P

HJeC8uRl.jpg

steveroo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Section IV - RedNAND Prep
  1. Reinsert your SD card into your 3DS, press Start and right at the same time to reboot, then boot your 3DS into RedNAND using any CFW (if you followed Part 3 of this guide, you can do this by launching Luma3DS from the HomeBrew Launcher)
  2. Launch the Health and Safety Application (which is now FBI) on RedNAND
  3. Navigate to SD then TinyFormat.cia and press A to install
I'm in rednand and have checked settings to see EMU is in front of my firmware.

Do I follow these instructions to get FBI?

1. Open the browser and go to http://www.reboot.ms/3ds/load.html?rxTools.dat
  2. If the exploit was successful, you will have booted into rxTools and it will prompt you to press the R button, which you should do

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Section IV - RedNAND Prep
  1. Reinsert your SD card into your 3DS, press Start and right at the same time to reboot, then boot your 3DS into RedNAND using any CFW (if you followed Part 3 of this guide, you can do this by launching Luma3DS from the HomeBrew Launcher)
  2. Launch the Health and Safety Application (which is now FBI) on RedNAND
  3. Navigate to SD then TinyFormat.cia and press A to install
I'm in rednand and have checked settings to see EMU is in front of my firmware.

Do I follow these instructions to get FBI?

1. Open the browser and go to http://www.reboot.ms/3ds/load.html?rxTools.dat
  2. If the exploit was successful, you will have booted into rxTools and it will prompt you to press the R button, which you should do
No you follow Section II of Part 4 to get FBI.

steveroo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This?

Section II - Injecting FBI

1. Get into the Homebrew Launcher on SysNAND through the entrypoint of your choice
  2. Open Decrypt9 (This can sometimes take a few tries), then go to "EmuNAND Options", then "Miscellaneous...", then select the "Health & Safety Dump" option to dump Health & Safety tohs.app (you can use Up and Down / Left and Right to change the name)
  3. Press Select to eject your SD card, then put it in your computer
  4. Extract Universal Inject Generator, then copy both hs.app from your SD card and FBI.ciafrom the FBI zip to the input folder
  5. Double click go.bat (or execute go.sh with Terminal on Linux, or double clickMac_inject_launcher.app on Mac)
  6. Copy FBI_inject_with_banner.app to the root of your SD card and reinsert your SD card into your 3DS
  7. Press B on Decrypt9, then go to "EmuNAND Options", then "Miscellaneous...", and select the "Health & Safety Inject" option
  8. Press down once to select FBI_inject_with_banner.app, then press A and confirm to inject
  9. Go to the main menu, then press Start to reboot

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This?

Section II - Injecting FBI

1. Get into the Homebrew Launcher on SysNAND through the entrypoint of your choice
  2. Open Decrypt9 (This can sometimes take a few tries), then go to "EmuNAND Options", then "Miscellaneous...", then select the "Health & Safety Dump" option to dump Health & Safety tohs.app (you can use Up and Down / Left and Right to change the name)
  3. Press Select to eject your SD card, then put it in your computer
  4. Extract Universal Inject Generator, then copy both hs.app from your SD card and FBI.ciafrom the FBI zip to the input folder
  5. Double click go.bat (or execute go.sh with Terminal on Linux, or double clickMac_inject_launcher.app on Mac)
  6. Copy FBI_inject_with_banner.app to the root of your SD card and reinsert your SD card into your 3DS
  7. Press B on Decrypt9, then go to "EmuNAND Options", then "Miscellaneous...", and select the "Health & Safety Inject" option
  8. Press down once to select FBI_inject_with_banner.app, then press A and confirm to inject
  9. Go to the main menu, then press Start to reboot
Yes.

Reactions: steveroo

rickpower

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
i have r4 gold pro revolution 3ds 9.2 sysnand emunand 11.something which files do i need to play nds roms on it,,im trying r4i-3ds v.183b English its 3 folders and .dat file but when i run it on 3ds i get top screen in red words --fakecardpleasereturntoretailer..help please
and do i run it in sysnand or emunand

Priyam

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hello,
I have thoroughly understood how to homebrew browser hax, menuhax and even downgrade. But after that about OTP and A9HL, I still haven't grasp them. Is Reinand easier to install? I really don't wanna brick my limited edition 3ds. I just wanna play cia, I don't need complete control of my device.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went back and re-did the steps for injecting. Nnow the 3ds doesn't want to launch luma.
Booting into Luma can take several tries. Just keep trying.

Hello,
I have thoroughly understood how to homebrew browser hax, menuhax and even downgrade. But after that about OTP and A9HL, I still haven't grasp them. Is Reinand easier to install? I really don't wanna brick my limited edition 3ds. I just wanna play cia, I don't need complete control of my device.
I don't recommend reiNAND. Everyone will tell you to use Luma3DS. But yes, after the downgrade to 9.2, CFW is easier to setup than A9LH and getting your OTP. Just follow Plailect's guide from Part 1 to Part 3 and then do Section II - Injecting FBI of Part 4 ONLY to have a CIA installer.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

Priyam

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Booting into Luma can take several tries. Just keep trying.

I don't recommend reiNAND. Everyone will tell you to use Luma3DS. But yes, after the downgrade to 9.2, CFW is easier to setup than A9LH and getting your OTP. Just follow Plailect's guide from Part 1 to Part 3 and then do Section II - Injecting FBI of Part 4 ONLY to have a CIA installer.
Okay, I just want to ask that are New 3ds more vulnerable to brick even after following the Plailect's guide?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: so am i so it makes sense +1