• Views 4,468,484
  • Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Reinject FBI into Health and Safety as the instructions state in Part 4, Section II - Injecting FBI, but replace the words emuNAND with sysNAND.

Does your system version says "Sys." or "Ver." in front of the version number? Can you boot into Decrypt9 by holding X when you boot up your system?

Hey thanks for answering!

But usually FB injection should still be there right?

it says Sys 9.0.0-20E

and yes when i hold X it boots instantly into decrypt9WIP

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey thanks for answering!

But usually FB injection should still be there right?

it says Sys 9.0.0-20E

and yes when i hold X it boots instantly into decrypt9WIP
It should still be there, yes. If it's not, do reinject it like I said to do earlier and you can update your system.

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How can i be sure im on a9hl/luma? This 3ds isnt for me and if i screw it up with the update im dead :P sorry for all the questions! appreciate your help.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can i be sure im on a9hl/luma? This 3ds isnt for me and if i screw it up with the update im dead :P sorry for all the questions! appreciate your help.
Holding X on boot and it instantly opening Decrypt9 means that you installed a9lh. You can't do that with Luma3DS alone, iirc.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I ended up deleting all files off the SD card, but backed up the 3DS folder just in case. After the SD card was empty I followed the guide, https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki from the very beginning, which wasn't difficult as most parts I've done before. Also I formatted the emuNAND that was already on there. I successfully completed part 3 of the tutorial as sysNAND is still on 9.2 and the emuNAND is updated. Any reason I shouldn't do steps 4&5 on this tutorial? I haven't messed with boot manager in ages so a link to the most up to date method would be appreciated. My goal is to cleanly boot straight into emuNAND (without the flashing screen delay when I had rxTools). I thought the arm9loaderhax is what enabled the clean boot?
Yep you can keep going with Parts 4 & 5 and install a9lh if you like. Just thought you might like to get started a bit faster :-) Good luck and ask if you have any q's.

AdowTatep

Trophies
Website
adowtatep.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys i have Luma 3ds on a jap n3ds 9.2 (not in A9LH because i'm afraid to brick a 3ds, i bricked a wii already and don't want it to happen with my n3ds). I installed Bravely default and pokemon omega, but i tried to install mh generations (us) and the game just didn't launched. It got stuck in the splash screen forever when the other ones works as intended. Someone had this already?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys i have Luma 3ds on a jap n3ds 9.2 (not in A9LH because i'm afraid to brick a 3ds, i bricked a wii already and don't want it to happen with my n3ds). I installed Bravely default and pokemon omega, but i tried to install mh generations (us) and the game just didn't launched. It got stuck in the splash screen forever when the other ones works as intended. Someone had this already?
Update your emuNAND.

Reactions: AdowTatep

Shadx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep you can keep going with Parts 4 & 5 and install a9lh if you like. Just thought you might like to get started a bit faster :-) Good luck and ask if you have any q's.

Just finished completing the whole process on the O3DS. Tedious but very worth it. Thank you once again.

I bought a 2DS the other day. The FW is old, like 6.0 or something. I'd have to upgrade to 9.2 and follow the same steps right?

A friend has a N3DS on 9.2 and wants my help with it now(after getting jealous). Though the guide says it works with the N3DS one section says the following:
"RedNAND will be bricked by the downgrade on New 3DS (not on Old 3DS), but you will no longer be able to get into it on either since no current CFW can boot a 2.1.0 RedNAND (a black screen when you try to load RedNAND is normal)"

What am I missing here? Would changes must be made if any?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Just finished completing the whole process on the O3DS. Tedious but very worth it. Thank you once again.

I bought a 2DS the other day. The FW is old, like 6.0 or something. I'd have to upgrade to 9.2 and follow the same steps right?

A friend has a N3DS on 9.2 and wants my help with it now(after getting jealous). Though the guide says it works with the N3DS one section says the following:
"RedNAND will be bricked by the downgrade on New 3DS (not on Old 3DS), but you will no longer be able to get into it on either since no current CFW can boot a 2.1.0 RedNAND (a black screen when you try to load RedNAND is normal)"

What am I missing here? Would changes must be made if any?
For the 2DS, just follow the "9.2 update" section. Then continue with Part 1 etc like you did before. For the N3DS, dn't worry too much about it being an N3DS but read all the steps carefully in case there's a different instructions (don't assume anything).

If you can hold off for a short time, I hear a big update is coming. If not, make sure to do it all in one day (and even copy & paste the instruction pages, and download all the files and put them in folders like "Part 1 files" "Part 2 files" etc), so that if the guide changes on you part-way through you don't get adversely affected.

Reactions: Shadx

Shadx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the 2DS, just follow the "9.2 update" section. Then continue with Part 1 etc like you did before. For the N3DS, dn't worry too much about it being an N3DS but read all the steps carefully in case there's a different instructions (don't assume anything).

If you can hold off for a short time, I hear a big update is coming. If not, make sure to do it all in one day (and even copy & paste the instruction pages, and download all the files and put them in folders like "Part 1 files" "Part 2 files" etc), so that if the guide changes on you part-way through you don't get adversely affected.

Clever idea. I'll keep an eye out. Have a good day! Thanks a ton

JebusFistusIV

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My friend has an 4.5 O3DS which I plan to update to 9.2 via sysupdater and then install Luma3DS.
Will his ds savegames, in particular his Pokemon Black savegame, remain after doing all this?
If not, is there a way to backup and restore his savegames using only a 3DS?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend has an 4.5 O3DS which I plan to update to 9.2 via sysupdater and then install Luma3DS.
Will his ds savegames, in particular his Pokemon Black savegame, remain after doing all this?
His DS saves save to the cartridge. He doesn't have to worry about that.

Reactions: JebusFistusIV

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
DS save games are stored on the cartridge.

Edit: ninja'd

ryokoseigo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Asked in a thread and mainly just got arguing so I guess I'll ask here...
Is the process of getting gba games on my o3ds 4.x gateway only to do the huge like hour+ setup I seem to see? I'd love to play gba games, but honestly, it seems not very worth it to spend that time just to get it, and risk bricking or losing my data. I want to keep my emunand saves/installs and don't want to risk losing it.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Asked in a thread and mainly just got arguing so I guess I'll ask here...
Is the process of getting gba games on my o3ds 4.x gateway only to do the huge like hour+ setup I seem to see? I'd love to play gba games, but honestly, it seems not very worth it to spend that time just to get it, and risk bricking or losing my data. I want to keep my emunand saves/installs and don't want to risk losing it.
Update to 9.2 and use Luma3DS. GBA games will work then. You can use Gateway as well (if you use a boot manager with menuhax, you could have Gateway the default and hold a key on boot to access Luma). The emuNAND will be identical between the two only Luma won't be able to use the Select rom menu. Basically follow Plailect up to Part 3 then stop. After that you'll be able to access both Gateway and Luma from the homebrew menu from menuhax (add the Gateway.3dsx to your 3ds folder). Then, if you want to have them start up on boot follow a guide on menuhax & boot manager (you'll probably find them dated from mid to end of last year as that's when this method was current).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: