• Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

zazor5000

professional normie
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
So once I have arm9loaderhax and CFW where are the emulators and what can I play?

I don't see much in the tutorial section except stuff that I don't need because I followed plailects guide.

Someone told me I still need a flashcart to play DS games. Can I play GBA? N64? Playstation? Snes nEs? Any guides on setting up something spiffy for old games?
yes you can.check the homebrew launcher.if you cant find any emulators,install them.

ISO-Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PART 4 / STEP 8

I did as directed. I get 'Health & Safety inject failed' hs.enc has wrong size is the error...

Do I redo it or... ??

Thanks,

ISO-Man

-"ISO-Man, post: 6573156, member: 326227"]I did the safety thing again and still same results.... Any ideas?

Thanks,

ISO-Man

I downloaded the FBI zip file again.. did the process over-over.. still same error. What should the hs.app file size be? FBI_Inject _with_Banner size?

Thanks,

ISO-Man

ISO-Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by ISO-Man,

Xclusiv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
*noob alert*
hi guys i successfuly finished this guide https://github.com/Plailect/Guide without the NTR CFW part.
Now can anyone tell me how i can play .3ds games? already found out that i need to convert them to cia but how? and where do i put them on the sd card/how to install them. hope someone got a link to a tutorial or something!

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*noob alert*
hi guys i successfuly finished this guide https://github.com/Plailect/Guide without the NTR CFW part.
Now can anyone tell me how i can play .3ds games? already found out that i need to convert them to cia but how? and where do i put them on the sd card/how to install them. hope someone got a link to a tutorial or something!
Convert them to .cia with this tutorial. You put them on your SD card (it does not matter where) and you use FBI to install them, just as you installed the CIAs used in the guide.

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone show me how an NNID works, can you "sign out" of one system and "sign in" to another and redeem your purchases later? Or do you physically need both consoles and use System Transfer? I have never understood it!

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone show me how an NNID works, can you "sign out" of one system and "sign in" to another and redeem your purchases later? Or do you physically need both consoles and use System Transfer? I have never understood it!
You have to do a System Transfer to move a NNID.

Reactions: LuigiXL

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You can't sign in or out. System Transfer is the only way to transfer NNID that I know of. It sort of gets tied to your system. I had a bad NNID on my system (because I had already had Nintendo transfer it to a new system when I though mine was lost) and the only way I could get rid of it was a system format.

However I don't see why you even need a NNID as the only thing you can't do that I have found is download free demos and apps like you tube from the eshop. You can still play online and update your games with out it.

Last edited by blaisedinsd,

ISO-Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Injecting FBI with banner is still causing hs.enc has wrong size error.

1) I downloaded the FBI zip again (no change)
2) I countlessly repeated all the process for the section with same results
3) I downloaded the previous version of Decrypt where this problem was fixed with same results
4) I went outside and did a rain dance... It did rain here, lol

I followed the guide perfectly (Plailect), Did I need to copy more files over from the zip than just the Decrypt folder that goes in 3ds folder?

Thanks,

ISO-Man

Jornax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just finished with the a9lh/luma guide process (thanks for helping Ricken!). Two questions though:

1) Is there an option to install multiple cia's at once using that FBI tool that has now replaced my health&safety program? I'm not seeing it in that program. I've been putting my cia's in the /CIAs folder if it's of any importance.

2) Am I able to play other-region .cia's that haven't been marked as region-free? For example, the eshop US .cia of Inazuma Eleven (the 3DS port that didn't release in Europe where I live, can't find a region free version).

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
alright thanks then im gonna buy some solder later on and hardmod cuz i dont have any option
If you don't already have the equipment, it would be a similar cost to send it to somebody to do it for you. And if you ask nicely they may even downgrade & install a9lh for you, saving you many hours.

SimplyFedorable

Evangelion Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just finished with the a9lh/luma guide process (thanks for helping Ricken!). Two questions though:

1) Is there an option to install multiple cia's at once using that FBI tool that has now replaced my health&safety program? I'm not seeing it in that program. I've been putting my cia's in the /CIAs folder if it's of any importance.

2) Am I able to play other-region .cia's that haven't been marked as region-free? For example, the eshop US .cia of Inazuma Eleven (the 3DS port that didn't release in Europe where I live, can't find a region free version).
there should be a option at the bottom of the bottom screen that says "directory options" and there is an option to install all cias at once. Just go into your cias folder and do that. For region free, almost all cfw support out of region cias, except for gateway or pasta I believe

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

1. No, you can only ever install one at a time (but you can get them to install one after the other - check the options in FBI there should be a button for it). Get freeShop if you don't have it already. You don't need a special CIAs folder, you can put them on the root and delete them after installation (use Y to install [I think - double check in the program] and it will delete after installation automatically).
2. Yes, if you use Luma3DS (you may have to select region free in the options - hold Select on boot up to access the options).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

hey, reinand won't boot after tranfering emunand to sysnand. Can anyone help?
Use Luma3DS, and check updated sysNAND in the options and uncheck boot emuNAND (hold Select on boot to access options).

ISO-Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Injecting FBI with banner is still causing hs.enc has wrong size error.

1) I downloaded the FBI zip again (no change)
2) I countlessly repeated all the process for the section with same results
3) I downloaded the previous version of Decrypt where this problem was fixed with same results
4) I went outside and did a rain dance... It did rain here, lol

I followed the guide perfectly (Plailect), Did I need to copy more files over from the zip than just the Decrypt folder that goes in 3ds folder?

Thanks,

ISO-Man
NOOB ERROR!!!!

I finally discovered what the ^%$* was going wrong... Somewhere on the SD card, another version of Decrypt. On the grid, the old version is the first one that showed up. ALL NOOBS, CHECK, CHECK your SD card carefully for multi versions of tools/apps !!!!

Can anyone guide me in finding these duplicate apps.. I think it might be the starter.zip that had them. (what to look for)
Thanks,

ISO-Man

Last edited by ISO-Man,

SimplyFedorable

Evangelion Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. No, you can only ever install one at a time (but you can get them to install one after the other - check the options in FBI there should be a button for it). Get freeShop if you don't have it already. You don't need a special CIAs folder, you can put them on the root and delete them after installation (use Y to install [I think - double check in the program] and it will delete after installation automatically).
2. Yes, if you use Luma3DS (you may have to select region free in the options - hold Select on boot up to access the options).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Use Luma3DS, and check updated sysNAND in the options and uncheck boot emuNAND (hold Select on boot to access options).
I sometimes have issues with luma3ds with local multiplayer. Its just so weird cause reinand is supposed to work in sysnand

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I sometimes have issues with luma3ds with local multiplayer. Its just so weird cause reinand is supposed to work in sysnand
Maybe have a check on the reiNAND release thread and see how you can access options - maybe there is an equivalent option to Luma's updated sysNAND?
If you can't find it, you could try going to the Plailect guide and looking at the history of revisions, and find Part 5 from around March or April when reiNAND was still being used, since it would probably describe how to get to the options there (assuming you have AuReiNAND not regular reiNAND - I don't remember if regular reiNAND supported a9lh or not ...)

ISO-Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3ds folder, should there be any loose files in it or just folders? I seem to have numerous files in the 3ds folder. If these files are not suppose to be there, could this cause duplicate apps showing up on homebrew?

Thanks,

ISO-Man

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1