Enjoy A9LH ^^

Reactions: noobmeonce

Felix954

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am about to start the CFW install process on a 2-day old new3DSxl as soon as my copy of smash bros arrives using the Plailect guide.

2 questions :
1) I have not gone online at all on this system should I go online and get a Nintendo ID before installing CFW? (does it make any difference doing it now or after the guide?)
2) If I want to upgrade to a 32GB microSd, do I do it before following the guide or just copy everything over to the blank sd card once I have done all the steps in the guide?

Thanks for your help

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am about to start the CFW install process on a 2-day old new3DSxl as soon as my copy of smash bros arrives using the Plailect guide.

2 questions :
1) I have not gone online at all on this system should I go online and get a Nintendo ID before installing CFW? (does it make any difference doing it now or after the guide?)
2) If I want to upgrade to a 32GB microSd, do I do it before following the guide or just copy everything over to the blank sd card once I have done all the steps in the guide?

Thanks for your help
What firmware are you even on? If it's 10.5 and below just use browserhax. If 10.6 or 10.7, you'll need to follow the smashax tutorial.
Link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-smashhax-with-linux.397194/

1. I would do it after and not before. I'd also do a system format before even beginning the downgrade process.
2. Once you have A9LH fully setup, it's just as simple as copying over your files to the new microSD, as long as it's formatted to FAT32.

noobmeonce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just put your 9.2 sysnand back up on the root of your SD card
Boot into hourglass9
Select sysnand restore
restore from 9.2 backup
Reboot into normal homemenu
Update to 11.0
Enjoy A9LH ^^

LOL I lost my space again and did it the other way.
Instead of doing all that, I formatted another rednand again, then after restoring the backup used hourglass to
to flash my original sysnand to the rednand partition. Which got everything back as well.

I "could" do it the way you suggested, but wont I lose access to the Homebrew CIA and the FBI installer
which are on my current configuration?

Last edited by noobmeonce,

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
LOL I lost my space again and did it the other way.
Instead of doing all that, I formatted another rednand again, then after restoring the backup used hourglass to
to flash my original sysnand to the rednand partition. Which got everything back as well.

I "could" do it the way you suggested, but wont I lose access to the Homebrew CIA and the FBI installer
which are on my current configuration?

You could inject FBI and install the Homebrew CIA on your current rednand partition. Then back up it. Inject the back_up on sysnand with Hourglass. Then format SD without emunand with emunand9.

Reactions: noobmeonce

noobmeonce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could inject FBI and install the Homebrew CIA on your current rednand partition. Then back up it. Inject the back_up on sysnand with Hourglass. Then format SD without emunand with emunand9.

Um but won't that over-write the current A9LH configuration? Also my Wi-Fi seems to be broken again :P
Dunno it worked fine before...

edit: no it's just it only works with non- portal connections again

Last edited by noobmeonce,

Anunnymous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are not actually running A9LH when u stop holding the SD card, the connection is loosened and a9lh will stop working. however they system will still work but when you use sleep mode and then resume play the SD card is read again but it can't find arm9loadrrhax.bin so it turns off

You're not reading all of my information. I appreciate the help but there is just something off with this logic. I'm also NOT holding the SD card when I power off and power back on but I can do that every day, all week long. Also, I'm willing to bet it doesn't load my entire SD card into RAM (lol) but it seems to know I have games installed and runs them just fine. Again, appreciate the help but you're not reading all of my information and running on assumptions.

Edit: I apologize if my replies are coming off "snobby" or like a know-it-all. That's not my intention. I really do appreciate the help but I'd really hate to tear down my 3DS and replace the SD slot if this could potentially be software related. I guess my question is more "has anyone else experienced this." I realize it could be hardware and I might have to replace my SD slot, which is fine. So, if you really think it's hardware related, even with all my information, I apologize and I'm definitely going to look into it. Thanks again for your help and sorry.

Last edited by Anunnymous,

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're not reading all of my information. I appreciate the help but there is just something off with this logic. I'm also NOT holding the SD card when I power off and power back on but I can do that every day, all week long. Also, I'm willing to bet it doesn't load my entire SD card into RAM (lol) but it seems to know I have games installed and runs them just fine. Again, appreciate the help but you're not reading all of my information and running on assumptions.

Edit: I apologize if my replies are coming off "snobby" or like a know-it-all. That's not my intention. I really do appreciate the help but I'd really hate to tear down my 3DS and replace the SD slot if this could potentially be software related. I guess my question is more "has anyone else experienced this." I realize it could be hardware and I might have to replace my SD slot, which is fine. So, if you really think it's hardware related, even with all my information, I apologize and I'm definitely going to look into it. Thanks again for your help and sorry.
You could always install an A9LH fork that doesn't need the a9lh.bin on the root of your SD Card, such as the latest commit of Aurora Wright's a9lh. Flash that, and if it is the SD Card just losing contact, then you'll boot, but it won't show your games until after you firmly re-establish the connection between the sd card and the sd card slot.

Reactions: Anunnymous

Serpens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, So I have a new 3dsxl that is on a menuhax/emunand setup and want to swith it to a9lh but I'm not sure what step to start the guide on. Where do I begin the guide? Also I'm pretty sure my sysnand and emunand are unlinked so will I have to format it again like the guide mentioned?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, So I have a new 3dsxl that is on a menuhax/emunand setup and want to swith it to a9lh but I'm not sure what step to start the guide on. Where do I begin the guide? Also I'm pretty sure my sysnand and emunand are unlinked so will I have to format it again like the guide mentioned?
just follow the guide where you left off. :)

Protatoxxxeater

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

DId you previously mention that it could read your games off the sd? i mightve missed it. if i had read that then it would have been easy to tell it was strictly software. i remember reading about u holding the sd card and if that was the cause it wouldve been hardware. recreate a arm9loaderhax.bin with ur OTP and reinstall

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The problem is I didn't install the menuhax/emmunand on this system so I'm not sure where to start. I guess probably part 4, but I want to be sure I do it right so I can keep the games already installed and not lose my save files.
what do you mean you didnt install them. did you specifically buy it with those from somebody else

Serpens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DId you previously mention that it could read your games off the sd? i mightve missed it. if i had read that then it would have been easy to tell it was strictly software. i remember reading about u holding the sd card and if that was the cause it wouldve been hardware. recreate a arm9loaderhax.bin with ur OTP and reinstall

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

what do you mean you didnt install them. did you specifically buy it with those from somebody else
Well, got it as a present already set up with menuhax, up until then my experience with all of this was nada. So even though I have done some research I'm not really sure of how to do the switch.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is I didn't install the menuhax/emmunand on this system so I'm not sure where to start. I guess probably part 4, but I want to be sure I do it right so I can keep the games already installed and not lose my save files.
Start from the beginning then, learn how to use homebrew, and then emunand and such.
If you have menuhax, then just go to the part with the emunand installation and then start there, then you need to get the 9.2 by upgrade or downgrade firmware. DON'T FORGET TO MAKE PLENTY OF NAND BACKUPS AND HAVE ENOUGH SPACE ON YOUR SD CARD BEFORE STARTING.

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

Serpens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Start from the beginning then, learn how to use homebrew, and then emunand and such. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR NOT ON 11.0.0-33 BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING
My sysnand is on 9.2 and my emunand is currently on reinand 10.7.0-32. I know how to use homebrew and emunand, I've had the system for like 4 months now learning how to use it and about the functions. That's the main reason I have waited to install a9lh, I wanted to be comfortable with the different options. Now I want to switch but I know that with the emmunand setup I don't need to do parts 1-3 of the guide, but what I'm not sure of is where to start in part 4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: