• Views 4,469,663
  • Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

ayy lmao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed the flash card time warp on my arm9 Luma O3DS but I still get a blackscreen trying to use the R4 3DS flash cart. Am I supposed to buy a new one? Is there a reason why it might not work? Mine was a 9.9 and lower firmware.
r4i-gold-3ds-v6.1-card.jpg

Kinqdra

GBAtemp's Official T-shirt
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
I installed the flash card time warp on my arm9 Luma O3DS but I still get a blackscreen trying to use the R4 3DS flash cart. Am I supposed to buy a new one? Is there a reason why it might not work? Mine was a 9.9 and lower firmware.
r4i-gold-3ds-v6.1-card.jpg

Do you have a DS/DSL to test it with by any chance?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't just stop at step 10... If you have an error related to NFIRM, step 10 tells you what to do and how to troubleshoot it, not to skip to the next part of the guide... step 11, relates to what to do if you have any other error, and to basically re-start at 8, once you flash emuNAND_formatted.bin to your RedNAND if you had an error that causes the downgrade to fail. Step 12, is just information in regards to why you will get a black screen if you even attempt to boot your RedNAND. Step 13 is what you need to do once you have finished the downgrade process. Go back and continue from Part 4, Section IV, Step 13, and finish it properly.
If you are following a guide PLEASE DO NOT SKIP ANYTHING UNLESS INSTRUCTED BY THE GUIDE.
Read all of the information acordingly and follow proper procedure.

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The Fire Emblem save is valid, I'll test OoT after I reinstall it

OoT checked with my physical copy. Checks out.
Edit: Basically, it's good and worked on my end. So not sure what to tell you. Ummm are you using the correct region .CIA files? I don't know if that would make a difference.

Thanks for checking guys so at least I know they're valid. The CIA'S the saves come from are the same as I currently have installed as I had them on my computer since the first install. I could import my Mario Kart 7 save so I know JKSV is working. No idea why it errors on these two.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for checking guys so at least I know they're valid. The CIA'S the saves come from are the same as I currently have installed as I had them on my computer since the first install. I could import my Mario Kart 7 save so I know JKSV is working. No idea why it errors on these two.
Maybe try using fbi installer save import. :)

Kinqdra

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
I just tried it out on my DS lite and it works. I installed flash card time warp cia and I still get a black screen. What else should I use?
It should work on Luma 3DS without any extra software installed. Stupid question, but did you try opening it without flash card time warp?

ayy lmao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should work on Luma 3DS without any extra software installed. Stupid question, but did you try opening it without flash card time warp?
Yea I did, same result. I asked the question earlier and someone recommended using flash card time warp but I still a black screen. I believed mine is on the latest update because the last update was in 2013.

Kinqdra

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Yea I did, same result. I asked the question earlier and someone recommended using flash card time warp but I still a black screen. I believed mine is on the latest update because the last update was in 2013.
I looked up a bit and someone reported that it started working once he deleted all his Luma 3DS files and replaced them with new ones. No time card warp thingy used.

pheace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use The Guide.
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Only if you want A9LH tho. And be sure to read it all and follow it to the letter. Also, be sure to do a system format prior to doing the downgrade.

Is this something I should do as well even if I just bought it fresh from the Store? (when i booted it had me go through setup etc) (ver 9.5)

Kinqdra

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Is this something I should do as well even if I just bought it fresh from the Store? (when i booted it had me go through setup etc) (ver 9.5)

Sure, you've got nothing to fear. Just set up your N3DS and make sure not to update the firmware. Once you're done you can start with the guide the same way you would with an old one :D

Reactions: pheace

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if it's new, it does not hurt for you to do a system format, just to make sure. Back when we had 10.7 as the latest update, it really didn't matter, but now, we have 11.0, and we need a hardmod for that, so don't take the chance, just do a system format, and eliminate the possibility of soft-bricking because you didn't.

Reactions: pheace

pheace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if it's new, it does not hurt for you to do a system format, just to make sure. Back when we had 10.7 as the latest update, it really didn't matter, but now, we have 11.0, and we need a hardmod for that, so don't take the chance, just do a system format, and eliminate the possibility of soft-bricking because you didn't.
Should I use TinyFormat as well as suggested above? From what I read it's mostly to get around a possible NNID problem with Emunand but I haven't used this N3DS at all yet (nor linked it to internet) so I think I don't have one yet?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you try to explain it to me please? I don't really get how FBI works with save games as I solely use it for cia installs.

The updated latest version of fbi installer 2.3.2 has a feature to manage save data.
For example if you insert the game card, load fbi then go to "titles" then your game card should be at the top of the list (written in blue words) if you select it, you can copy the save data fom the game to sd card or sd card to the game. Select the game you want then browse save data.

The files for the save data should appear, just copy the files there to clipboard, (select "current directory" with the A button then "copy all contents") then go to the main menu of fbi, select sd card then current directory then paste and you back up data. To restore data, here are the steps.

1. Copy the folder with the save data to the sd card. (for example, the folder with your ocarina of time 3d in it.
  2. Load the fbi installer. (make sire is updated to latest version 2.3.2
  3. Choose SD from the top of the list and browse to the folder with your save data is.
  4. choose current directory with a button and choose copy all contents.
  5. Then go to main menu and select titles, then the oot 3d game. (if you are using a game card, is first on the list and written in blue, all game cards game appear this way, green ones are games on sd card, red are from nand, purple are dsi games.)
  6. Select the game ocarina of time then browse save data
  7. choose current directory and then paste option. Select confirm and you should have restored your save data.
you need more help? i'll send a pm with pictures.:)

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,
Reactions: Temarile

Divi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well i think everything worked fine, my sysnand works with Luma3DS i think, but Luma only work on sysNAND? Not on emuNAND? Btw i can't acces to eShop, do you know why?

Kinqdra

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
No because it's already in 11.0

It's probably because the nands are still linked or something. Either get rid of emunand completely by following the guide to the end (unless you need it for something, though AFAIK it's pretty much useless with a9lh..) or try this:

"I think I had the same error I know it was the same issue though.
how I fixed it was formatted sysnand and then emunand and then sysnand again.
I think it was because I didn't unlink my NNID from the sysnand but for whatever reason it fixed it."

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's probably because the nands are still linked or something. Either get rid of emunand completely by following the guide to the end (unless you need it for something, though AFAIK it's pretty much useless with a9lh..) or try this:

"I think I had the same error I know it was the same issue though.
how I fixed it was formatted sysnand and then emunand and then sysnand again.
I think it was because I didn't unlink my NNID from the sysnand but for whatever reason it fixed it."

Also, do all of the formatting with TinyFormat not the system format.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1