• Replies 53,798
  • Likes 43

parvulus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm asking so many questions lately, haha...

I recently did a system transfer between a CFW o3ds and a CFW n3ds, so that I could move my NNID to the new system. However, there were some non-"legit" cia backups and other games on the o3ds, and they did not transfer to the n3ds. Is there any way for me to recover the saves from those games? I did not backup with svdt or savedatafiler before transferring.

Thanks!

EDIT: I tried reinstalling the .cia files, but the saves did not restore, even though the data was copied to the SD card. I had assumed that the encryption on the saves was tied to the NNID, but I guess it's some NNID + system encryption. I do have NAND backups, etc., for the o3ds, in addition to file backups from before the transfer, etc.

Last edited by parvulus,

opmas

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for replying, so it means that the only solution for a9lh user is to backup their SD in case their SD got corrupted in order for them to boot their unit?

sn00gans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone, long time lurker, first time poster.

I've recently installed LunaCFW and ARM9loaderhax by using the excellent guide at https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki . Everything works fine--installing CIA works, loading homebrew works, ripping my carts to .3ds files works.

However, I would like to change to the .3DS files to .CIA files so I can just run them off the home screen. I've been following the guide at https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/4hwuhf/ and have run into a snag: I cannot open Decrypt9 at all. I verified I installed the latest version (even tried Shadowstep's GUI version) but each time I try to run it through the Homebrew launcher I get a red screen, then a black screen, then a red screen and I get dumped back into the Homebrew launcher.

Have I missed something? Do I need to do something else?

Thanks.

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
Hello everyone, long time lurker, first time poster.

I've recently installed LunaCFW and ARM9loaderhax by using the excellent guide at https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki . Everything works fine--installing CIA works, loading homebrew works, ripping my carts to .3ds files works.

However, I would like to change to the .3DS files to .CIA files so I can just run them off the home screen. I've been following the guide at https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/4hwuhf/ and have run into a snag: I cannot open Decrypt9 at all. I verified I installed the latest version (even tried Shadowstep's GUI version) but each time I try to run it through the Homebrew launcher I get a red screen, then a black screen, then a red screen and I get dumped back into the Homebrew launcher.

Have I missed something? Do I need to do something else?

Thanks.
can you use the decrypt9wip a9lh version?
https://github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases
Do you have the slot keys in the sd card?
Are you using the latest release?

sn00gans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you for your response, Davidosky99.

I'm using the latest version there--the All In One version. I'm not sure what you mean by "Do you have the slot keys in the SD card?"

Thanks!

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your response, Davidosky99.

I'm using the latest version there--the All In One version. I'm not sure what you mean by "Do you have the slot keys in the SD card?"

Thanks!
Decrypt9WIP.bin is used with something like Luma3DS chain loading.

slot keys:
  • slot0x25KeyX.bin
  • slot0x18KeyX.bin
  • slot0x1BKeyX.bin
or a single "aeskeydb.bin"

sn00gans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, okay. I guess I don't use HBL for this, then.
So where do I put the Decrypt9WIP.bin file? Do I re-name it like the files in the Payload directory?

Is there a resource or document I can read on this?

Thanks,

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, okay. I guess I don't use HBL for this, then.
So where do I put the Decrypt9WIP.bin file? Do I re-name it like the files in the Payload directory?

Is there a resource or document I can read on this?

Thanks,
are you using Luma3DS? it would go at /luma/payloads/<button>_D9.bin

"<button>" can be anything, like start.

sn00gans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, I am using Luma3DS. I've put the bin file /luma/payloads/b_D9.bin . I hold "B" down but it just boots normally. I tried setting it to 'start' and it worked. Why won't B work? Is it a reserved button?

Davidosky99

Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
Yes, I am using Luma3DS. I've put the bin file /luma/payloads/b_D9.bin . I hold "B" down but it just boots normally. I tried setting it to 'start' and it worked. Why won't B work? Is it a reserved button?
don't forget to delete the luma config.bin after placing a payload on the payloads folder

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Would the file name be "l+b_D9", or just "B_D9?"
b_d9.bin

Reactions: sn00gans

Kyubey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm a noob at this so I don't know what exactly what info you want.
Its on an unlinked emunand. I use RXTools. The emunand is on latest firmware and sysnand is on 9.2 Old 3ds

Davidosky99

Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly just download movies on my phone put them on my card reader then on my tv so much better than wireless transfer bs
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Glad I bought a card reader type c and usb A makes life easy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i download movies on my PC that is connected to my living room tv.
    Monitors are too small for my bad eyesight so I use my main tv and wirelss keyboard and wireless trackball mouse.
    I tried wireless transfer on phone before and yes, it's garbage. lol. So sloooooooooowwwwww.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New south park was not really that funny.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i heard modern south park is too serious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did it hurt your feelings?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Some are still funny, but they always try to use a subject matter related to something going on today.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All you need is one dose of Lizzo to make yourself feel better
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Who tf is lizzo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They always make valid points on that show and it goes over people's heads over sensitivity reasons
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa i mean south park did that way back in the day too
    +2
    remember the Michael Jackson episodes?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or blaming the only jew in the show on 9/11 or having the police shoot the only black kid during a school shooting or saying Kanye a gay fish list goes on
    +2
    the gay fish thing was funny as fuck
    +1
    and i don't even follow or care about kanhye
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everytime i hear that real song, i think of that episode, "I'm a Gay fish yal."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So was the way they showed how messed up the American health system was to get anything done
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont watch south park that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Old people driving was a funny one, like cars up on 2nd/3rd floors in houses. Had to shut down old country buffet to stop them.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/VAfy26xs6e0?si=EuGdWe_Y25-rfmms accurate