Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
What is the best method for a NEW 3DS to:

- Play backup games online without been banned
- Use emulators (SNES, GBA, etc)
- Install VC games

Also, what is the advantage/disadvantage of Emunand and Sysnand?
a9lh + Luma3DS, following this guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
it looks overwhelming, but it's not as bad as it looks.

The advantage and disadvantage of Emunand and Sysnand:
Emunand takes a lot of space from the SD card, and you have to think about if you are in emunand or sysnand all the time (so that you don't mess something up). It's good use emunand if you mess something up, since the sysnand would be untouched...
BUT, with a9lh you can use sysnand alone, since there are tools to help you out if you mess up anyway. emunand becomes unnecessary.

TheBroCode

Trophies
XP
Country
Finally beginning to make the switch to A9LH and have a noob question

on Part 2 of the guide it goes through the steps of downgrading to 9.2 but my firmware is on 9.0... do I still follow the steps, need to do something else or can I skip ahead?

also it has a warning of "soft brick", should I be safe and do a system format?

(Setup: n3DS, sysnand: 9.0.0-20E, emunand: GW 11 using MSET DS exploit)

Alexander H.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure this question has been answered before, but I've been googling for 20 minutes I haven't found the answer. I've seen a number of posts describing why DS games can't be run off of the SD card, but what is special about a flash cart that allows a 3DS to play DS games?

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking for a way to setup multiple partitions of EmuNANDs (EmuNAND 1, ReiNAND, SaltFW, Luma3DS, all on one microSD). I need to have multiple EmuNAND versions (11.0, 10.7, 10.5, and so on) on the same microSD card.

Is it possible to do this?

I'm sure this question has been answered before, but I've been googling for 20 minutes I haven't found the answer. I've seen a number of posts describing why DS games can't be run off of the SD card, but what is special about a flash cart that allows a 3DS to play DS games?
3DS needs to boot into DS Mode. DS Mode cannot access microSD card, but can access the NDS card in the card slot. Flashcarts work the same on Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo DS.

Last edited by delete12345,

YuriYuri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. download the latest Decrypt9WIP release
Link: https://github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases

Then copy the Decrypt9WIP.bin file to the payloads folder inside the luma folder on the root of your SD Card. Be sure to name it according to the Luma3DS's chainloader expects it to be.
Like "down_Dec9.bin" - This will make it so that holding D-PAD Down at cold boot will let you boot into Decrypt9
Thank you! It worked. :D

MrOBrien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I have a dstwo and a g4i gold I'll be getting my new 3ds sometime this week. I'll be using the new 3ds as my system that I keep up to date but would like to be able to play my GBA/DS/NES/SNES library. I don't care about 3ds emulation as I have ano old 3ds with 4.4. Is it possible to do that with either of these cards on the latest firmware?

Thanks!

Clouded Sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do Smash 3DS mods work on 11.0.0 33-U software? And if you have 2 3DS' (O3DS @ 10.7, CFW & N3DS @ 11.0 vanilla), can you get CFW for the up to date one one using the one with CFW?

poulso

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I've got a r4i gold 3ds from r4ids.cn; konami icon/non-rts/rev c. I've got the latest wood kernel/patch from their downloads.

Is this card not supposed to work on emunand? Launching it gives me a black screen. Says on their site it supports V10.5.0-30 and I'm on 9.9. And it should work on all ds/dsi models ya? What about the 2ds/N3DS?

Last edited by poulso,

pacemaker76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ephi7m.jpg

I got this screen when trying to open homebrew launcher with pressing D pad down. I can open homebrew launcher with browser. My firmware is 9.2

DarkPaladin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello folks. So here's my issue:

Following Plailects wonderful guide, I got my New3DS installed with A9LH, using Luma3D 5.5, and when I go into system settings it says it's on Sys 11.0.0-33U. So no emunand, just A9LH and Luma3D 5.5.

Almost everything runs ok - I can install .cia files just fine, FTPD runs, no problems. Only issue is the Gameboy Advance games will start, then it gives a system error and wants to shut down.

It also keeps prompting me to do a "system update" which I'm veerrrrryyyyy reluctant to do just in case Nintendo has snuck something in.

I can run gbsp just fine but this issue bugs me more than a little. Any advice?

Thank you!

Seph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone help me plz? i installed rxtools, created and separated emunand from sysnand. but when i try to launch devmode or pasta mode in rxtools to update from 5.1.0 firmware to 9.2 i always get black screens... is there any way to update without a game card?

DarkPaladin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone help me plz? i installed rxtools, created and separated emunand from sysnand. but when i try to launch devmode or pasta mode in rxtools to update from 5.1.0 firmware to 9.2 i always get black screens... is there any way to update without a game card?

I'm not sure that rxtools can run under 5.1.0. Most of the instructions I've run across say "Update to 9.2 *first*, then install something like menuhax, then create your emunands and update *only under emunand from there*."

Just a thought.

pacemaker76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't open emunand9 to backup sysnand.bin, bottom screen goes red and it kicked me to homebrew again. what is the problem? I can't use menuhax either, I can't open homebrew from holding d pad down.

DarkPaladin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't open emunand9 to backup sysnand.bin, bottom screen goes red and it kicked me to homebrew again. what is the problem? I can't use menuhax either, I can't open homebrew from holding d pad down.

Let's start at the beginning:

1. What firmware are you on?
2. How do you get into your homebrew in the first place (web browser, freakyhax, etc?)

It sounds like you don't have system access.

Alexander H.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS needs to boot into DS Mode. DS Mode cannot access microSD card, but can access the NDS card in the card slot. Flashcarts work the same on Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo DS.
Is there a resource where I can learn more about this topic, specifically on how the 3DS runs DS games? Google has not been kind to me... I would try to check 3DBrew again, but their server seems to be down at the moment.

pacemaker76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am on 9.2 I succesfully downgrade my sys and I used oot3dhax to access homebrew

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Let's start at the beginning:

1. What firmware are you on?
2. How do you get into your homebrew in the first place (web browser, freakyhax, etc?)

It sounds like you don't have system access.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?