• Views 4,482,436
  • Replies 53,787
  • Likes 43

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, guys. I need your help, I just edited my 3DS profile and now I can't enter to my emunand. The message "an error has occurred, forcing the software to close" pops everytime.

Right now, my normal nand is sitting pretty at 4.2.0-9U. What can I do to fix this?
what "cfw" are you using(Gateway, rxTools, etc..)?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Dandy Garman

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about installing cia files and Sd cards.
When i try to install large cia files on my 32GB sd card, I always seem to get a error with no actual classification. FBI just says Unknown on the description tag, when i try installing smaller cia files, it works with no problems at all. I dunno what the problem is, i formatted the sd card least 4 times hoping to fix the problem.

gameus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I wanted to install CtrBootmanager and I installed this one so it'd work with a9hlv2. Trying to use it with Luma3DS, so I put Luma3DS.bin in a folder named "CTR". In my config, this is how I have the entry enabled.

Code:
[entry];
title=Luma3DS;
path=/CTR/Luma3DS.bin;
offset=12000;
key=-1;

CtrBootmanager boots up just fine, but when I select Luma3DS to launch I just get a black screen. I've made sure Luma3DS was updated all the way and even tested Luma before switching to Ctr just to make sure everything booted.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I wanted to install CtrBootmanager and I installed this one so it'd work with a9hlv2. Trying to use it with Luma3DS, so I put Luma3DS.bin in a folder named "CTR". In my config, this is how I have the entry enabled.

Code:
[entry];
title=Luma3DS;
path=/CTR/Luma3DS.bin;
offset=12000;
key=-1;

CtrBootmanager boots up just fine, but when I select Luma3DS to launch I just get a black screen. I've made sure Luma3DS was updated all the way and even tested Luma before switching to Ctr just to make sure everything booted.
try setting the offset to 0. if that doesn't work, try it as "arm9loaderhax.bin" instead.

Last edited by ihaveahax,
Reactions: gameus

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Code:
[entry];
title=Luma3DS;
path=/CTR/Luma3DS.bin;
offset=12000;
key=-1;

Try it with the below, basically change your offset to 0. That's how I have mine in CtrBootManager9.

Code:
[entry];
title=Luma3DS;
path=/CTR/Luma3DS.bin;
offset=0;
key=-1;

Reactions: gameus

gameus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try setting the offset to 0. if that doesn't work, try it as "arm9loaderhax.bin" instead.

Try it with the below, basically change your offset to 0. That's how I have mine in CtrBootManager9.

Code:
[entry];
title=Luma3DS;
path=/CTR/Luma3DS.bin;
offset=0;
key=-1;

Thank you both, that worked. I was just editing entries based off of the default config and didn't realize what the offset was actually for. Appreciate it!

Dandy Garman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Thank you.

Just to confirm and make sure I'm following this... Can I directly follow the steps in that link or do I need to set something up before that? Like formatting everything, or make use of some exploit painfully obvious.

I wasn't the one who set it up in my 3DS in the first place, so i'm like "rocket science!" about all this scene.

If it's better to change rxtools for something better or more convenient in the future, i'm all ears.

Last edited by Dandy Garman,

gameus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, got another question, this one is a bit odd and not sure if it belongs here, but I'm trying to make splashes for CTR. I'd like to make modifications to the source code to rename some of the strings, but I have no idea how to build anything from source code when it comes to the 3DS. Have some experience in C/C++ but I've only ever done things through Visual Studio.

TheBroCode

Trophies
XP
Country
On Part 4 of Plailect's guide, I injected hs.app with FBI.cia and then injected it back into emunand... and now it's gone from the menu

Any ideas? I'm using Gateway so could I not just use a .3DS version anyway?

ZacharyAlkaff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys what is the best micro sd card you can get? I remember there was thread somewhere, where the Samsung eco performs better than the Sandisk

Ali998

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im on part one, however when i try using the qr code the console asks me to update system to use browser. Cans someone help?

OldGlass

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ali998, what firmware are you on?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

On Part 4 of Plailect's guide, I injected hs.app with FBI.cia and then injected it back into emunand... and now it's gone from the menu

Any ideas? I'm using Gateway so could I not just use a .3DS version anyway?

Just continue on. It'll come back later.

DarkPaladin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope it wont update your system if you just format

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

did you install a premodified agb_firm? if yes then you have to replace it with the original unmodified one.

Hi - I went ahead and installed the "original unmodified agb_firm" just to see if that fixed it.

What I've discovered is DSi works just fine. If I hard power down the system, then boot up - GBA games run fine through virtual console. But if I exit, then relaunch a GBA virtual console game, then it crashes again.

I can run things just fine through gpSP so I can just go through that.

Aerocool

Man in a Box
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi - I went ahead and installed the "original unmodified agb_firm" just to see if that fixed it.

What I've discovered is DSi works just fine. If I hard power down the system, then boot up - GBA games run fine through virtual console. But if I exit, then relaunch a GBA virtual console game, then it crashes again.

I can run things just fine through gpSP so I can just go through that.

It sems like your system is still messed up a little.
Use this guide to fix this:
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Lum...stalled-a-patched-agbtwl-firm-cia-in-the-past

Ali998

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i got up to part 3. number 25, I dont see emu in front of the version number my firmware is 9.2.0-20e. is it ok to update?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!