• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

parvulus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an o3ds, and I'm considering buying a n3ds, but I'm in north america (NA) and I'd prefer a smaller model.
  1. If I import a console from EU / JP, will I be able to install CFW onto it?
  2. Will I be able to migrate an existing NA NNID to it?
  3. Will I be able to play NA games on it?
  4. Will I be able to play NA games online? I have heard there are problems playing wrong region games online.
  5. Has Nintendo given any indication that they will release a NA version of the smaller n3ds, other than the overpriced/ugly one in the Animal Crossing bundle?
  6. Will I be able to play NA cartridge games?

Thanks!
Does anyone know about this? Thanks again for looking!

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know about this? Thanks again for looking!

You can buy the small one in the us. Look for happy home designer bundle or the Pokemon 20th one. Just get replacement plates for it if you don't like what it comes with

Yes u can install cfw on non us systems. The cfw will let you run na games. If you want the us eshop you will need to region change(its a bunch of work)

Reactions: parvulus

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've successfully installed A9LHAX, but I can't link my NNID. It gives an error 022-2613 but I've quadruple checked the information is correct. What's going on?

All information on this error, seems to indicate wrong email being used, are you sure you're not trying to use a Club Nintendo account?

I have an o3ds, and I'm considering buying a n3ds, but I'm in north america (NA) and I'd prefer a smaller model.
  1. If I import a console from EU / JP, will I be able to install CFW onto it?
  2. Will I be able to migrate an existing NA NNID to it?
  3. Will I be able to play NA games on it?
  4. Will I be able to play NA games online? I have heard there are problems playing wrong region games online.
  5. Has Nintendo given any indication that they will release a NA version of the smaller n3ds, other than the overpriced/ugly one in the Animal Crossing bundle?
  6. Will I be able to play NA cartridge games?

Thanks!
1. Yes, Plailect's guide covers EU/JP/NA consoles.
2. You'll need to region change using the A9LH guide, and make sure the system's eshop account is deleted, and then do a system format. From there, I believe you'd be able to migrate an NA NNID just fine.
3. Yes, even if you don't region change, if using Luma3DS.
4. Yes, even if you don't region change, though you'll need to use Config.cia to accept the EULA of other regions.
5. Only the ugly Animal Crossing one so far, and the face plates are replaceable by the way.
6. Yes, even if you don't region change, if using Luma3DS.

Reactions: parvulus

Gvaz

Trophies
Website
gvaz.notsleepytime.org
XP
Country
United States
All information on this error, seems to indicate wrong email being used, are you sure you're not trying to use a Club Nintendo account?

I requested my NNID from nintendo, which requires you put your email+birthday, and you get an email of what it is. I put that in the NNID field. I reset my pw, and put the same information in for the pw, and then put the same email I put in to get the nnid in the first place. I get that error when trying to link my NNID. If it matters, I had it linked on GW emunand, forgot to unlink it, and now I am using the A9LHAX that boots straight into Luma. That's the error I get. I'm not sure what to do and I'm a little frustrated about it.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I requested my NNID from nintendo, which requires you put your email+birthday, and you get an email of what it is. I put that in the NNID field. I reset my pw, and put the same information in for the pw, and then put the same email I put in to get the nnid in the first place. I get that error when trying to link my NNID. If it matters, I had it linked on GW emunand, forgot to unlink it, and now I am using the A9LHAX that boots straight into Luma. That's the error I get. I'm not sure what to do and I'm a little frustrated about it.
Do you still have a backup of that GW emunand? If you do, backup your SD Card files, then setup an EmuNAND through Emunand9 -> SD Format Options -> Format SD (EmuNand legacy), press select to unmount your SD card, and copy over the GW emunand backup, then restore that backup via Emunand Manager Options -> Restore file to EmuNAND, after that's done, press elect to unmount your SD Card, restore your backed up SD Card files, then reboot and hold L to boot into the emuNAND, and unlink it properly by formatting via System Settings. Then of course, after this, just remove the emunand you created on the SD Card via Emunand9 -> SD Format Options -> Format SD (no EmuNAND), then restore the SD Card files you backed up initially.

This is assuming you have Luma3DS setup, and have a backup of the GW emuNAND that contained the linked NNID.

vexhash

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
1. I have N3DS with a9lh and latest updated sysnand. I don't have my nand backup without a9lh, but i have emunand backup of 10.5 without a9lh. Can i restore it as emunand, downgrade it to 9.2 and move it to sysnand? Doing that just for removing a9lh (theoretically).
2. Can I format sysnand on a9lh through system settings to completely reset everything? I know that my cia installer will be removed, so, can i just install in to nand so that it wont be removed after reseting? Or the only option is to inject it in HaS app?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. I have N3DS with a9lh and latest updated sysnand. I don't have my nand backup without a9lh, but i have emunand backup of 10.5 without a9lh. Can i restore it as emunand, downgrade it to 9.2 and move it to sysnand? Doing that just for removing a9lh (theoretically).
2. Can I format sysnand on a9lh through system settings to completely reset everything? I know that my cia installer will be removed, so, can i just install in to nand so that it wont be removed after reseting? Or the only option is to inject it in HaS app?
1. Yeah, that'll work, but why get rid of A9LH? It's so beautiful~ but anyways, for whatever reason, yeah, it'll work.
2. On A9LH, as long as you have a CIA installer injected into sysNAND, a format won't remove it. You could always try installing one of those DevMenu NAND .CIA installers, though I've never messed with them, as I like not messing with sysNAND files, unless I have to.

Reactions: vexhash

Melhisedek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys I have an old version of FBI injected in my HS app. I believe it is 1.4.17
If I would like to update it, what is the easiest way to do it? I'm on N3DS XL with emunand and A9LH if that makes any difference.

vexhash

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
If I would like to update it, what is the easiest way to do it? I'm on N3DS XL with emunand and A9LH if that makes any difference.
Install another cia installer, nasa for example. Delete fbi and install new fbi with nasa.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't know you could uninstall injected app. Will installing it again inject it into HS or will it be standalone?
If you must update the FBI inject HS app, then the best way would be to use Decrypt9 -> SysNAND Options -> Health&Safety Dump. Then use the Universal Inject Generator to create a new FBI_inject_with_banner.app, then inject that through Decrypt9 -> SysNAND Options -> Health&Safety Inject.

However, I just recommend you put that old FBI inject HS app into a folder, and just install the latest FBI, and keep both. Do not delete the HS inject FBI, as you would actually be deleting the HS app title.

vexhash

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
2. On A9LH, as long as you have a CIA installer injected into sysNAND, a format won't remove it. You could always try installing one of those DevMenu NAND .CIA installers, though I've never messed with them, as I like not messing with sysNAND files, unless I have to.
I know i can inject it, but cant i just install it in nand as separate app?
Also, new question - does formating system remove tickets installed with fbi?

Last edited by vexhash,

Monkeydunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When I get to part 28 of Part 3 of Paliect's guide Do I need to update the renand to the latest version or can I leave it on 9.2 and proceed with steps 4 and 5?

The reason I ask is that I have and o3ds and a n3ds with the o3ds after starting the update process it wouldn't boot back into renand and I ended up updating the sysnand to 11 so It's stuck now until a soft downgrade for 11 is found.

If I don't have to I'd rather not update the renand until I've got the arm9LoaderHax installed. I don't want both of my consoles to be stuck on version 11. :cry:

Failing that is there a location where I can download a firmware that is high enough for steps 4 and 5 but can still be downgraded if I mess up again?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!