Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi !
I'm having a bad time trying to downgrade the O3DS XL of my friend in 2.1
I followed everything, I know that an error can happen, but it's like the 7th time, everytime a Nintendo error at the same moment.
I did the TinyFormat twice etc

Any tips ?
edit : and really often, the menuhax is crashing (yellow screen)

Thanks !
Did you make sure to have the NTR firmware.bin in the luma folder?

As for the menuhax crashing, that's to be expected, not much you can do about it.

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Hi !
I'm having a bad time trying to downgrade the O3DS XL of my friend in 2.1
I followed everything, I know that an error can happen, but it's like the 7th time, everytime a Nintendo error at the same moment.
I did the TinyFormat twice etc

Any tips ?
edit : and really often, the menuhax is crashing (yellow screen)

Thanks !
Is the twl/agb stuff stock?

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you make sure to have the NTR firmware.bin in the luma folder?

As for the menuhax crashing, that's to be expected, not much you can do about it.

... Put it in the EmuNAND9 folder by mistake... I'm always doing a stupid thing like this. (like putting OTP.bin in the wrong folder too) nothing important but stupid. I'm gonna fix that.

And really ? I've something like 20% of success... I did 2 installations before and it was 80%

Is the twl/agb stuff stock?

I just downgraded his 3DS long time ago. I've helped him for rxtools.
I've cleaned everything in order to have a brand new 3DS in 9.2

Thanks both !

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... Put it in the EmuNAND9 folder by mistake... I'm always doing a stupid thing like this. (like putting OTP.bin in the wrong folder too) nothing important but stupid. I'm gonna fix that.

And really ? I've something like 20% of success... I did 2 installations before and it was 80%

I just downgraded his 3DS long time ago. I've helped him for rxtools.
I've cleaned everything in order to have a brand new 3DS in 9.2

Thanks both !
My Japanese o3DS had a 10-20% bootrate. My Cosmo Black o3DS has about a 90% bootrate (using it for Gateway3DS). All my other systems seem to have averaged around the 60-80% range, including the ones I've done for friends.

So it's just pretty random tbh. But yeah, try the downgrade with NTR firmware.bin in the luma folder, and see how it goes.

Good luck~! <3

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
My Japanese o3DS had a 10-20% bootrate. My Cosmo Black o3DS has about a 90% bootrate (using it for Gateway3DS). All my other systems seem to have averaged around the 60-80% range, including the ones I've done for friends.

So it's just pretty random tbh. But yeah, try the downgrade with NTR firmware.bin in the luma folder, and see how it goes.

Good luck~! <3

Well of course it worked haha, i'm so stupid. I've checked EVERYTHING except that ._. ! Thank you so much i was really really in a bad mood yesterday maybe it's the reason... Now I can continue like nothing happened right ?

Okay, didn't know it was so random, Thank you <3333

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well of course it worked haha, i'm so stupid. I've checked EVERYTHING except that ._. ! Thank you so much i was really really in a bad mood yesterday maybe it's the reason... Now I can continue like nothing happened right ?

Okay, didn't know it was so random, Thank you <3333
Yup, just continue the guide and make sure you keep double checking everything, and ask if something comes up. :)

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
I have an odd problem.. Using PlaiSysUpdater I press Y.. get hax success.. then checking integrity.. then the nintendo "an error as occurred" screen.. Any ideas? I'm trying to go 10.3.0.28e to 9.2.. thanks!

Roaek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im on reinand 9.2.0-20E? i think and i want to update it so i can play online how do i go about doing that? someone said just boot up the 3ds in REI mode (so system settings show the rei 9.2.0" version and then just update the 3ds normally? is this correct.. i kinda dont wanna trust 1 persons word as ive done that before and its not gone well.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im on reinand 9.2.0-20E? i think and i want to update it so i can play online how do i go about doing that? someone said just boot up the 3ds in REI mode (so system settings show the rei 9.2.0" version and then just update the 3ds normally? is this correct.. i kinda dont wanna trust 1 persons word as ive done that before and its not gone well.
How did you get Reinand setup? Did you make an emunand//rednand? Are you using menuhax or A9LH?

LeMasque

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I recently bought a o3DS that unfortunately came installed with 11.0.0-33U and no modifications. Is it possible for me to get homebrew or a save editor on there (a save editor is pretty much all I want on my 3DS, specifically for FEFTwiddler)? I have a Sky3DS+, Powersaves (which I'm pretty sure doesn't work with a Sky3DS+) and an OoT cartridge. Is it possible for me to downgrade? (Probably not without a hardmod, but is the hardmod risky?)

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I recently bought a o3DS that unfortunately came installed with 11.0.0-33U and no modifications. Is it possible for me to get homebrew or a save editor on there (a save editor is pretty much all I want on my 3DS, specifically for FEFTwiddler)? I have a Sky3DS+, Powersaves (which I'm pretty sure doesn't work with a Sky3DS+) and an OoT cartridge. Is it possible for me to downgrade? (Probably not without a hardmod, but is the hardmod risky?)
I think ninjhax and oothax don't work at the moment, but I think smdhax, humblehax and v* still work, so maybe you can use the Sky3DS in an already hacked 3ds to run the smdhax installer (but I'm not sure).

What you said about downgrade is true, there is no way to downgrade without hardmod at the moment, and it's risky if you don't know how to solder properly (you could even burn your nand if you don't know what you're doing).
Here you have a list of users with hardmod services.

Last edited by Arubaro,

tehoivun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, so I'm reading over the guides and forum posts and I think I have the general idea about most things. So if I'm understanding I need to: Downgrade from 10.7 to 9.2 with OoThax (have R4 save dongle) and then follow the wiki guide for Luma with hax as opposed to a9lh. And I should be good to go right? This is on the N3DS XL if it matters.

My questions are:
  1. Do I need to run OoTHax after downgrade again before running Luma?
  2. Should I use al9h instead of hax?
  3. Should I worry about the system updating itself with any CFW?
  4. Is it better if I just follow the plailect al9h guide to start with?

Last edited by tehoivun,

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, so I'm reading over the guides and forum posts and I think I have the general idea about most things. So if I'm understanding I need to: Downgrade from 10.7 to 9.2 with OoThax (have R4 save dongle) and then follow the wiki guide for Luma with hax as opposed to a9lh. And I should be good to go right? This is on the N3DS XL if it matters.

My questions are:
  1. Do I need to run OoTHax after downgrade again before running Luma?
  2. Should I use al9h instead of hax?
  3. Should I worry about the system updating itself with any CFW?
1. Setup menuhax+rednand, with oot3dhax if you don't want A9LH.
2. 100% bootrate, CFW SysNAND, no need to use menuhax or rednand//emunand. Up to you if you want to setup it up, though I recommend you do.
3. If on A9LH, you should be able to safely update sysnand, you can also just wait for others to update and read reports of those who updated. On menuhax+emunand//rednand, you'll have to update rednand//emunand, you'll have to keep sysnand at 9.2 always.

Also, you should do a system format, before doing the downgrade, to avoid the soft-brick issue described here:
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/PlaiSysUpdater/issues/8#issuecomment-218588857

Reactions: Arubaro

tehoivun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Setup menuhax+rednand, with oot3dhax if you don't want A9LH.
2. 100% bootrate, CFW SysNAND, no need to use menuhax or rednand//emunand. Up to you if you want to setup it up, though I recommend you do.
3. If on A9LH, you should be able to safely update sysnand, you can also just wait for others to update and read reports of those who updated. On menuhax+emunand//rednand, you'll have to update rednand//emunand, you'll have to keep sysnand at 9.2 always.

Also, you should do a system format, before doing the downgrade, to avoid the soft-brick issue described here:
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/PlaiSysUpdater/issues/8#issuecomment-218588857

So it's system format before running OoTHax downgrade? Is there a way to back up all my digital games and whatnot? Or are they stored in my sd card?

Roaek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How did you get Reinand setup? Did you make an emunand//rednand? Are you using menuhax or A9LH?
ermmm im not too sure tbh :/ ive tried menu hacks but it errors when i run it, only got reinand and homebrew channel from menu when holding L thats it. how do i update it? without removing the cfw.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it's system format before running OoTHax downgrade? Is there a way to back up all my digital games and whatnot? Or are they stored in my sd card?
Use OoTHax, with SVDT to backup your digital game saves. You'll end up having to reinstall them though, but at least the saves should be safe.
Link: https://github.com/meladroit/svdt/releases

ermmm im not too sure tbh :/ ive tried menu hacks but it errors when i run it, only got reinand and homebrew channel from menu when holding L thats it. how do i update it? without removing the cfw.
Sounds like you have an emunand//rednand setup, a simple way to test this, assuming they are unlinked, is to make some random folders when you boot up normally, then once you're inside emunand//rednand, if those folders aren't there, then yeah you're on a rednand//emunand setup. Assuming they are unlinked.

LeMasque

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think ninjhax and oothax don't work at the moment, but I think smdhax, humblehax and v* still work, so maybe you can use the Sky3DS in an already hacked 3ds to run the smdhax installer (but I'm not sure).

What you said about downgrade is true, there is no way to downgrade without hardmod at the moment, and it's risky if you don't know how to solder properly (you could even burn your nand if you don't know what you're doing).
Here you have a list of users with hardmod services.

But my 3DS hasn't been hacked yet. Is it still possible for me to run smdhax? Also the powersaves doesn't work with smdhax for the savefile. Is there another way to do it? Sorry for all these questions.

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
But my 3DS hasn't been hacked yet. Is it still possible for me to run smdhax? Also the powersaves doesn't work with smdhax for the savefile. Is there another way to do it? Sorry for all these questions.
I don't know if smdhax installer let you choose the payload, but if it does, you need another 3ds with homebrew access so you can put the smdhax through the smdhax installer in your sky3ds and then using it on your 3ds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P