• Likes 43

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey !
I'm back with another O3DS XL to a9lh (one from a friend) but this time it's different.
He already has the 9.2 version (downgraded by myself) + rxTools v2.6 EmuNAND (helped him for that w/ Skype)
But now i want to put a9lh for his O3DS XL, but there's a few things :

First he has LINKED Nands, so I think that if I format both NAND it'll be okay (anyway he doesn't care of his data you'll see why)

And the major thing is that he has a NNID (so on both NAND) with many games (but without any saves, I made backup for him long time ago he'll put them after downloading again)

I want to delete rxTools from his system to Luma3DS, easier. So I should :
- Format both NAND
- HBL => menuhax or browserhax => format SD Card with EmuNAND9 (no EmuNAND)
- Doing the Luma process

right ? He want to use his NNID again after that.
Thanks o/
You'll have to TinyFormat one of the NANDs, then do a System Format on the other NAND to unlink the NNID. If you just tiny format them both, the NNID would still be linked, though I am unsure if this would have any negative repercussions, as the same system will end up using the NNID.

After that, yeah you'd just follow the A9LH guide as usual.

Reactions: Rick Astley

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay thank you <3

Last question because something bad just happened to me... I had a NNID on my rxTools O3DS. Put a9lh formated everything in order to transfer the NNID to my other a9lh N3DS (somebody told me here it'd work with formating etc)

but when I want to use THAT NNID on my N3DS well it doesn't work. Any help ?
Thanks o/

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay thank you <3

Last question because something bad just happened to me... I had a NNID on my rxTools O3DS. Put a9lh formated everything in order to transfer the NNID to my other a9lh N3DS (somebody told me here it'd work with formating etc)

but when I want to use THAT NNID on my N3DS well it doesn't work. Any help ?
Thanks o/
If you still have an emunand or sysnand backup of rxTools o3DS with your NNID, then what you would do is restore that. On the target n3DS system, make a sysnand backup of your current setup as well as backup the contents of your SD card, then do a system transfer from the o3DS to the N3DS, then restore the synand backup you made earlier of the N3DS as well as restore your backup of your SD Card., and you should now be able to use the NNID, as it now tied to that system now.

Another option, is to call Nintendo, and tell them you sold the system and forgot to unlink or do a system transfer properly.

hitman23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hope this the correct place to ask a question about the plailect guide.

i need some clarification on what i have to do on step 28

"Update your RedNAND to the latest version using system settings (Once you exit System Settings / SD Card Management you will be returned to SysNAND, make sure to enter back into RedNAND before updating!)"

i see the emu 9.2 as it says i should in step 27.

how am i updating rednand? i am new to the 3ds scene, so please bear with me.

and please feel free to talk to me like a 5 yr old when explaining.

thanks in advance.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
i hope this the correct place to ask a question about the plailect guide.

i need some clarification on what i have to do on step 28

"Update your RedNAND to the latest version using system settings (Once you exit System Settings / SD Card Management you will be returned to SysNAND, make sure to enter back into RedNAND before updating!)"

i see the emu 9.2 as it says i should in step 27.

how am i updating rednand? i am new to the 3ds scene, so please bear with me.

and please feel free to talk to me like a 5 yr old when explaining.

thanks in advance.
Update it if you see Emu in the system settings, like a normal manual update then you'll be on latest fw :) still with emunand

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

hitman23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update it if you see Emu in the system settings, like a normal manual update then you'll be on latest fw :) still with emunand

thanks for the speedy response.

i thought that may have been what they meant but i was afraid of updating to 11.0 and screwing myself.

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Is there a way to access e-shop on sysnand using a 9.2 oothax N3ds?
Since ctr-httpwn only works with 9.6 and up, you can only access eShop using an updated EmuNand, there"s the Spoof with lastest NVER and use eShop from Hans with Firmware Spoof but since some URLS from the eShop was changed since 9.2 the eShop will crash if you do this last and you can"t install last eShop since I thought it have 9.6+ Encryption and isn"t goign to work in a Firmware below to 9.6.

Reactions: keven3477

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
thanks for the speedy response.

i thought that may have been what they meant but i was afraid of updating to 11.0 and screwing myself.
You'll still be able to access HBL just change the payload name to the newest filmware thing, it's in placiaets guide (can't remember his name) check my sig below

hitman23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll still be able to access HBL just change the payload name to the newest filmware thing, it's in placiaets guide (can't remember his name) check my sig below

yeah thats the guide i was following.

sorry i am just hung up on this part. i couldnt really find a clear answer anywhere.

so i perform the update to 11.0 and i assume the system reboots? i just got my 3ds a few days ago and have not updated fw yet, so i am unsure of what the system does. i assume it reboots like everything else.

it says make sure to enter back into rednand before updating. i thought i was updating while i was in rednand already. isnt that why the system says emu 9.2? this is where the disconnect is happening for me...interpreting the step below.

sorry for being thickheaded here.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan

sorry i am just hung up on this part. i couldnt really find a clear answer anywhere.

so i perform the update to 11.0 and i assume the system reboots? i just got my 3ds a few days ago and have not updated fw yet, so i am unsure of what the system does. i assume it reboots like everything else.

it says make sure to enter back into rednand before updating. i thought i was updating while i was in rednand already. isnt that why the system says emu 9.2? this is where the disconnect is happening for me...interpreting the step below.

Emu is essentially the redNAND don't worry, and use a Internet connection whilst doing so

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since ctr-httpwn only works with 9.6 and up, you can only access eShop using an updated EmuNand, there"s the Spoof with lastest NVER and use eShop from Hans with Firmware Spoof but since some URLS from the eShop was changed since 9.2 the eShop will crash if you do this last and you can"t install last eShop since I thought it have 9.6+ Encryption and isn"t goign to work in a Firmware below to 9.6.
so then there is no way to access e-shop on 9.2 sysnand yet, was going to try ctr but it looks like it wont work, thanks for the info.

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm following the Plailect guide to install Browserhax and Menuhax on my 10.4 o3DS. I'm getting "Terminated Script Execution" whenever I try to scan the QR Code for the Browserhax payload site, and then the browser crashes and I get an error message telling me to save any open data and restart my system, although pressing "A" gets rid of the message just fine and everything still appears to work fine upon doing so. Nothing happens upon restart, either. Checking the SD Card in my system reveals that one file has been downloaded to the root, but nothing else has been changed, AFAIK. I've tried several times, and nothing seems to get me past that stage. I'm set to current date 1/1/2000 0:00, and I'm initializing my browser each time.

Will Browserhax simply not work for me, for whatever reason? Is there some obvious step I'm missing? Am I stuck with trying to use one of the other hax methods? I think I'm able to do OoTHax and I might have access to Ninjhax, but both would involve using friends' carts to try, so I'd prefer the Browserhax method, or maybe some other method I've managed to overlook.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm following the Plailect guide to install Browserhax and Menuhax on my 10.4 o3DS. I'm getting "Terminated Script Execution" whenever I try to scan the QR Code for the Browserhax payload site, and then the browser crashes and I get an error message telling me to save any open data and restart my system, although pressing "A" gets rid of the message just fine and everything still appears to work fine upon doing so. Nothing happens upon restart, either. Checking the SD Card in my system reveals that one file has been downloaded to the root, but nothing else has been changed, AFAIK. I've tried several times, and nothing seems to get me past that stage. I'm set to current date 1/1/2000 0:00, and I'm initializing my browser each time.

Will Browserhax simply not work for me, for whatever reason? Is there some obvious step I'm missing? Am I stuck with trying to use one of the other hax methods? I think I'm able to do OoTHax and I might have access to Ninjhax, but both would involve using friends' carts to try, so I'd prefer the Browserhax method, or maybe some other method I've managed to overlook.
do you ever see any colors after "Terminated script execution."?

kratoz29

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've a New Nintendo 3DS XL and kinda set something like a dual boot in my emunand 11 because moved from Reinand to Luma3DS just last night and found out that ONLY in Luma3DS appears a black icon in my home menu (I need to unwrap it before) but it does not shows up in Reinand.

I never tried to install anything aside 3DS CIAs so that left out GBA roms and DSiWare stuff (cause did some search and that's mostly the cause)

The only thing I have that I think it could be the cause is FBI injected in my H&S app it is in 1.4.17 version, just last night decided to install the latest version of FBI as a CIA too.

In the latest version of FBI entered to the titles section looking for a black icon (as it doesn't appears in the data managment section), and found out two balck icons, one it said it was the manual and instructions (don't know why it is black) and the other one has this information:

How can I get rid of it? as I've stated before, if I go back to Reinand the black icon app is gone.

PS: When I try to open it up there appear some "Homebrew" labels as if it was the HBL hope that helps.

Thanks so much in advance.

Anyone?

vincecartercrazy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I want to install .cia games onto my 3ds, the game has to be stored somewhere, right? So is the data stored on the SD card? Because if so I'll probably want to buy a SD bigger than 4GB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!