• Replies 53,786
  • Likes 43

FTRBND

Waifu
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Hi, I'm trying to switch from menuhax to arm9loaderhax, and I have some questions about it.
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)

Is this really necessary? Will I lose all my saves in the process of downgrading to 2.1.0/installing A9LH? Can't I skip this? I'm confused because the guide also says "If everything goes according to plan, you will lose no data and end up with everything that you started with (games, NNID, saves, etc will be preserved)."
Also, should I swap EmuNAND and SysNAND after installing A9LH? If I do so, can I use Gateway on my SysNAND?
It isn't necessary as all saves are saved on your sd card (if on emunand) and as long as you back it up, you can restore it. The guide swaps emu and sys nands to get updated sysnand mode to work so you don't have to do it separately. Although I'm not sure about the GW question, I don't own one.

Reactions: Emenaria

FTRBND

Waifu
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Is there any way to get NTR CFW to work with Smash? I know the game basically reboots your 3ds in a way to take advantage of more power, but doing so removes the booted NTR. (After I boot the game, no matter where I am, Y+X doesn't open up the ntr menu)
I'm using AuReiNand with A9LH 10.7 updated sysnand.
I don't quite remember exactly what fork build of NTR I'm using, but I know its the one containing the Auto Exit .cia

Last edited by FTRBND,

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to get NTR CFW to work with Smash? I know the game basically reboots your 3ds in a way to take advantage of more power, but doing so removes the booted NTR. (After I boot the game, no matter where I am, Y+X doesn't open up the ntr menu)
I'm using AuReiNand with A9LH 10.7 updated sysnand.
O3ds?

FTRBND

Waifu
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I don't think the ntr CPU stuff works on the o3ds. It's for making games use the extra power of the n3ds.
Awh, so it won't work on a o3ds unless there is a ntr build that automatically boots with the system and would also end up booting when running smash.

PandaPanda123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a 3DS XL (The gold Zelda Triforce one). It currtentaly has version 6.3.0-12U. I have a Gateway 3DS that I used years ago on an older 3DS. Can I use it on my new 3DS XL? Also can I install the newest version of Gateway (GW 3.7.1-BETA “Ultra”)? Thank you. Would it be better for me to play a game like Super Smash Bros to upgrade the firmware to 9.2?

Last edited by PandaPanda123,

mk.2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
... Can I use it on my new 3DS XL? Also can I install the newest version of Gateway (GW 3.7.1-BETA “Ultra”)? ...
Yes, you can still use your Gateway card with New N3DS XL. Just follow steps in Gateway manual; use an exploit to enter gateway menu, update Gateway Red Card, set up EmuNAND, then update EmuNAND to the latest firmware version.

secretclean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently a9lhacked my O3DS and installed a number of games on it. I was using DevMenu firmware 0.15.8 to install DSiware that FBI can't install when I got an error message that TWL is full. I see in the upper right that my TWL free space is down to 638KB, although I have 44GB of free space left on my SD card. Is there a way to make more room for TWL installations? Can I run them from my SD card after moving them? Is there a better way to play DSiware games?

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
I recently a9lhacked my O3DS and installed a number of games on it. I was using DevMenu firmware 0.15.8 to install DSiware that FBI can't install when I got an error message that TWL is full. I see in the upper right that my TWL free space is down to 638KB, although I have 44GB of free space left on my SD card. Is there a way to make more room for TWL installations? Can I run them from my SD card after moving them? Is there a better way to play DSiware games?
Dsiware games have to be installed to the nand. The space is pretty small, no there is no way around it, unless I've missed something.

Reactions: secretclean

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, trying to set up arm9, I am following the Plailect guide as well as a youtube video too help, the youtube video, granted is older, says to use OTPHelper to "unbrick" the new 3ds emunand. The guide by Plailect does not mention this, just to use on OTPHelpers One click setup......should I still unbrick the emunand or just use the onelick setup?

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey, trying to set up arm9, I am following the Plailect guide as well as a youtube video too help, the youtube video, granted is older, says to use OTPHelper to "unbrick" the new 3ds emunand. The guide by Plailect does not mention this, just to use on OTPHelpers One click setup......should I still unbrick the emunand or just use the onelick setup?

If you're on N3DS: Unbrick the EmuNAND first.
If you're on O3DS: Just one click setup.

Reactions: infinete

PrestoX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've gone through Plailect's guide a few times, and I've used One-click Setup each time. Just follow Plailect's guide. It won't steer you wrong.

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am on N3ds, forgot to mention that, thanks.....also does anyone know why my injected fbi with banner H&S app is just infinite looping?

That probably means it's not working properly. You can try to do the steps again:

1. Get into the Homebrew Launcher on SysNAND through the entrypoint of your choice
  2. Open Decrypt9 (This can sometimes take a few tries), then go to "EmuNAND Options", then select the "Health & Safety Dump" option to dump Health & Safety to hs.app (you can use Up and Down / Left and Right to change the name)
  3. Press Select to eject your SD card, then put it in your computer
  4. Extract Universal Inject Generater, then copy both hs.app from your SD card and FBI.ciafrom the FBI zip to the input folder
  5. Double click go.bat (or execute go.shwith Terminal on Linux / Mac)
  6. Copy FBI_inject_with_banner.app to the root of your SD card and reinsert your SD card into your 3DS
  7. Press B on Decrypt9, then go to "EmuNAND Options" and select the "Health & Safety Inject" option
  8. Press down once to select FBI_inject_with_banner.app, then press A to inject
  9. Go to the main menu, then press Start to reboot

Reactions: infinete

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0