• Start date
  • Views 4,482,757
  • Replies 53,787
  • Likes 43

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
No BBB or FBI are homebrew app's for installing files like via etc. I thought your question was accessing emuNAND or Gateway without the browserhax (browser exploit) ? The only way is Menuhax or MSET, otherwise you will have to use the browser (internet access needed).

"I have an Old3DS with 9.2 and 10.6 Emunand and gateway, is there anyway of accessing gateway and Emunand without the old browser bookmark thing? I'd love to access my stuff without internet for once.."
no, my question is this :)

anyone knows how to install .cia to second emunand?
does FBI supports dual emunand?

I think I can do that by injecting FBI or BBB to emunand H&S app and install other .cia from that, but still looking for other method to do that

N

NoGamer

Ow i read a few pages back that you asked that question about your browserhax issue. Anyway, i'm sorry but that question i can not answer 100% sure, i'm also all new to this so i didn't even know you can have Dual emuNAND's. So you have 2 hidden parts on your SDcard (2x emuNAND on one SDcard?). You can ask this maybe to @samiam144, a guru on this forum with allot of knowledge.

Or do you mean with two parts your rxTools sysNAND (RX-S) and emuNAND (RX-E) ?

Last edited by ,

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India
no, my question is this :)

anyone knows how to install .cia to second emunand?
does FBI supports dual emunand?

I think I can do that by injecting FBI or BBB to emunand H&S app and install other .cia from that, but still looking for other method to do that
AFAIK, the only way is to launch HBL in second emuNAND, and use FBI.3dsx to install a CIA installer in it. After that it's the same as normal emuNAND. Someone correct me if I'm wrong as I don't have multi-emuNAND myself

luckypick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi. I was seeking for help downgrading when 10.5 firmware didn't have aviable method of downgrading. I ordered sky3ds+ from China and before it came I managed to downgrade it to 9.2. Do I have any reason to keep it or should I just sell it?

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Ow i read a few pages back that you asked that question about your browserhax issue. Anyway, i'm sorry but that question i can not answer 100% sure, i'm also all new to this so i didn't even know you can have Dual emuNAND's. So you have 2 hidden parts on your SDcard (2x emuNAND on one SDcard?). You can ask this maybe to @samiam144, a guru on this forum with allot of knowledge.

Or do you mean with two parts your rxTools sysNAND (RX-S) and emuNAND (RX-E) ?
yes 2 emuNAND in one SD card
so in total, 1 sysNAND and 2 emuNAND :)
AFAIK, the only way is to launch HBL in second emuNAND, and use FBI.3dsx to install a CIA installer in it. After that it's the same as normal emuNAND. Someone correct me if I'm wrong as I don't have multi-emuNAND myself
okay will try this, thanks
Hi. I was seeking for help downgrading when 10.5 firmware didn't have aviable method of downgrading. I ordered sky3ds+ from China and before it came I managed to downgrade it to 9.2. Do I have any reason to keep it or should I just sell it?
I think most users here will advise you to sell it
reason to keep? not much unless you'd prefer play game from sky3ds instead of installing .cia games
also if you accidentally update to 10.7 without thing like a9lh, you might still need sky3ds to emulate cubic ninja to downgrade (again). but then chances of that happen should be little

Last edited by Garou,

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country

Thanks but I get a error every time i try to resize the partitions with either EaseUS or PM14.. I am using VMWare Windows XP via Mac.. Guessing there is no solution for this :(

C05Q2Vq.png

Last edited by LuigiXL,

icano194

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello:)

which tutorial can i use to downgrade a NEW3DS with 9.5? and also is a 16GB SD card enough space?

What are the biggest differences between a CFW and a Sky3ds+?

Last edited by icano194,

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks but I get a error every time i try to resize the partitions with either EaseUS or PM14.. I am using VMWare Windows XP via Mac.. Guessing there is no solution for this :(
why do you need easeus for?
1. backup emunand using emunand tool or 3ds multi emunand creator
2. copy your entire sd card content to your pc (copy and paste using windows explorer works)
3. there should be better way to do this, but you need to create an emunand partition on your new sd card. use anything (emunand9, gateway) to create new emunand partition, we'll overwrite this with your emunand backup later
4. restore your emunand backup using any tool in step 1
5. copy your sd card backup back to the sd card

Hello:)

which tutorial can i use to downgrade a NEW3DS with 9.5? and also is a 16GB SD card enough space?

What are the biggest differences between a CFW and a Sky3ds+?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds.407888/
16gb is way more than enough

cfw grants you homebrew apps, install games directly to home menu, install updates and dlc
sky3ds only lets you play games dump from cartridges (it can't even play eshop games)

Last edited by Garou,
N

NoGamer

Guys I want to upgrade my SD card to a bigger size.. Can i just copy and paste my contents to a new card? I tried using HDD COPY RAW but it actually cloned the (4gb) size to the new card as a partition :rofl2: thanks!

How to move Games, Saves, Themes, and Emunand to a new SD card
  1. Get 3DS Multi EmuNAND Creator
  2. Insert your old SD card in your PC
  3. Open 3DS Multi EmuNAND Creator with Administrator privileges and select "Extract NAND"
  4. Save the EmuNAND backup somewhere on your PC (as [EmuNAND firmware version] emunand.bin if you want)
  5. Wait for the "Operation successfully completed!" message to pop up, then click OK. You now have your EmuNAND backup from your old SD card.
  6. Backup all your SD card files to your PC
  7. Close 3DS Multi EmuNAND Creator and eject your old SD card
  8. Insert your new SD card in your PC
  9. Open 3DS Multi EmuNAND Creator again
  10. Under the Format EmuNAND section, make sure that your new SD card is selected, then click "Start Format"
  11. Select the emunand bin file you made in step 4 and click Open
  12. Click Yes at the warning to start the process
  13. Wait for the green bar to reach the end and the "Operation successfully completed!" message to pop up, then press OK
  14. Close 3DS Multi EmuNAND Creator
  15. Put the SD card files from your old sd card backup (from step 5) on your new SD card
  16. Done, emunand and data (saves, games, etc.) have been transferred to your new SD card!
http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

icano194

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Great, so 16 Gb is enough for CIA and cfw as well? GREAT!
well... that... depends :P
I mean you can absolutely use cfw with emunand and install cia even with 4gb sd card
but if you want to fit your entire game collection? if you have lots of games, 32 or 64gb might be better

kasek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
needing help, I'm trying to back up my emunand with 3ds multi emunand creator and I run it as an admin and when I hit extract nand I get the error from windows that the program has stopped working any ideas?

N

NoGamer

needing help, I'm trying to back up my emunand with 3ds multi emunand creator and I run it as an admin and when I hit extract nand I get the error from windows that the program has stopped working any ideas?

Just use emuNAND tool, that will works.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Use this guide (link) and go below to section "How to move Games, Saves, Themes, and Emunand to a new SD card".

http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

parvulus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to "pack" HANS romfs into CIA files in some way, so that they can be installed and the modified rom will launch when the title is selected from the home menu?

Alternately, is it possible to set up a HANS CIA that will launch a particular game using the romfs file automatically, without user prompts / navigating through menus?

I'm on Cake cfw but could change.

Thanks!

rody2k6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question I got my 3ds on RX 10.6 but when I tried to connect super smash Bros online and access eshop it told me there was a new system update available. I don't know what to do. Do I have to update it differently or do I just accept the system updated via WiFi since I'm running on emunand basically. Thanks.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quick question I got my 3ds on RX 10.6 but when I tried to connect super smash Bros online and access eshop it told me there was a new system update available. I don't know what to do. Do I have to update it differently or do I just accept the system updated via WiFi since I'm running on emunand basically. Thanks.
It's recommended to update emuNAND through the system settings.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah OK so I just turn on my 3ds and soon as it boots into rx tools I go into system settings and update. It won't alter my sysnand when I use the 3ds without the SD?
Yes, after you've booted emuNAND, go to system settings, verify that there's an RX-E prefix before the version number and then update. If you take out the SD card, you won't be able to run emuNAND. If you remove the SD card, you're essentially removing the NAND chip from the 3DS (when in emuNAND). Do NOT update if the SD card is not in the 3DS and you are not in emuNAND.

Reactions: rody2k6

rody2k6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question. I got a 8gb card and the emunand backed up via the tool. I won't get a 16gb card for a while but I do have a 4gb available. Thing is my 8gb has games in it installed and the folder directory is all numbers it's not game.cia and just delete it. So how can I clone my 8gb to my 4gb and not copying any games over? Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5