• Replies 53,786
  • Likes 43

bluu7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There's a guide for setting up CFW on the N3DS here.

If you're feeling ambitious you could also set up Arm9loaderhax. It takes a while to set up and seems quite risky at points, but you'll end up with a 100% bootrate! Just be sure to follow the guide word for word if you go this route.

Thank you so much, that worked great!

I'm using ReiNAND now and my emunand is still on 9.0. Is there any reason why I shouldn't update my emunand?

greetings

Scoreless Pine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently downgraded my New 3ds XL to 9.2. How can I set up EmuNAND, what is the best CFW to use, and how can I make it so the EmuNAND boots automatically into the latest 3ds version? Sorry if these are noob questions but I have only set up CFW once before on my o3ds and it's really sloppy because I didn't know much of what I was doing at the time. Plus I kinda don't remember most of what I had to do because it was a while ago. Thanks for the help!

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
So I recently downgraded my New 3ds XL to 9.2. How can I set up EmuNAND, what is the best CFW to use, and how can I make it so the EmuNAND boots automatically into the latest 3ds version? Sorry if these are noob questions but I have only set up CFW once before on my o3ds and it's really sloppy because I didn't know much of what I was doing at the time. Plus I kinda don't remember most of what I had to do because it was a while ago. Thanks for the help!
If you want to use arm9loaderhax, which will allow a "true coldboot," then you'll want to use AuReiNAND. However, this is a difficult process. Otherwise you probably want to use a CFW like rxTools and set up menuhax.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you so much, that worked great!

I'm using ReiNAND now and my emunand is still on 9.0. Is there any reason why I shouldn't update my emunand?

greetings
Nope, you can update your emuNAND without issue.

Try this guide.

Will using tinyformat on SysNAND remove arm9loaderhax?
I don't think it should as it doesn't format the SD card and Arm9loaderhax is installed at a low level, so it should be ok to use TinyFormat.

Lucas Melo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have two friends who want to downgrade to 9.2 of the 3DS 's, one of them has a 3DS XL and the other a 2DS , both in version 10.5.

Could someone give me a guide or tutorial how to downgrade the version 10.5 ?

It's safe to downgrade this version ? I just found guides to 10.3 or below.

bluu7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nope, you can update your emuNAND without issue.

Thanks! :)

So I think I'm almost done. I have a Gateway Blue card which I'd love to use for NDS games. As I see it I have to install bluecardfix.cia on sysnand and every time I'd like to play NDS games I have to be in sysnand as well. is that right? Also, I read something about losing emunand after playing NDS games. Is this only related to older exploits?

greetings

LiquidAudacity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two friends who want to downgrade to 9.2 of the 3DS 's, one of them has a 3DS XL and the other a 2DS , both in version 10.5.

Could someone give me a guide or tutorial how to downgrade the version 10.5 ?

It's safe to downgrade this version ? I just found guides to 10.3 or below.
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks! :)

So I think I'm almost done. I have a Gateway Blue card which I'd love to use for NDS games. As I see it I have to install bluecardfix.cia on sysnand and every time I'd like to play NDS games I have to be in sysnand as well. is that right? Also, I read something about losing emunand after playing NDS games. Is this only related to older exploits?

greetings
You will need to install the bluecardfix, but I believe you can actually use DS games on ReiNAND's emuNAND; it worked the last time I used ReiNAND anyway.

DS games would remove the MSET exploit, not the emuNAND itself. It's actually possible to get the MSET exploit to stick after playing DS games on the N3DS, but unless you're using the MSET exploit to launch emuNAND I wouldn't worry about it.

bluu7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You will need to install the bluecardfix, but I believe you can actually use DS games on ReiNAND's emuNAND; it worked the last time I used ReiNAND anyway.

DS games would remove the MSET exploit, not the emuNAND itself. It's actually possible to get the MSET exploit to stick after playing DS games on the N3DS, but unless you're using the MSET exploit to launch emuNAND I wouldn't worry about it.

but I'd still need to install the bluecardfix on sysnand, right?

thank you so much for your help by the way! much appreciated!

LiquidAudacity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, =D
I downgraded and installed the cfw on my 3DS using Menuhax and RxTools .
This arm9loaderhax seems to be a bit more complicated . It is safe ?
It isn't entirely safe but if you follow all of the instructions exactly you will most likely be fine. I've done it with two consoles so far without incident.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
but I'd still need to install the bluecardfix on sysnand, right?

thank you so much for your help by the way! much appreciated!
I think you only need to install it on whichever NAND you're going to be using the flashcart on. If you are only going to use it on emuNAND, you'll only need to install it on emuNAND.

No problem!

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
there is TWL thread here somewhere,but i don't know what the fuzz about it
is there something massive happen ? or just to load old R4 cards on the 3DS?

havenblack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys. I downgraded my n3ds from 9.4 to 9.2 to use gateway. So i tried to use cubic exploit (sky3ds) and when i scan qr code it says done! but main screen goes purple and stucks. How can i solve that? thanks for everyone who tried to help. I tried with 16gb microsd formatted fat32 32kbs

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?