• Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

Uncle_Iroh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't really kept up with all that's been going on with the entire CFW revolution, so it's really daunting for me to catch up. My current setup is SYSnand at 8.1 and EMUnand at 10.1 with Gateway. I don't have any problems with this setup because I need the 8.1 to keep access to the Pokemon QR code hack. Here are my questions:

1) Are flashcarts like Gateway no longer relevant?
2) Are there things I can do on CFW that I can't do with Gateway?
3) Can I install CFW without touching my Sysnand at 8.1? I'd like it if I could boot into Emunand without using the Gateway card all the time, but I want the 8.1 SYSnand to stay.

alzaleches

Trophies
XP
Country
Have you previously installed updates for these games via cia? If you have, it causes an issue where the updates will fail to download from the eShop.

If this is the issue, there's a somewhat complicated way to fix it. Make a backup of your emuNAND and all of the files on your SD card (alternatively, you can use a different SD card). Format a new emuNAND. Update your new emuNAND. Go to the eShop and download the updates for the games you were unable to update previously. It should download. After you've downloaded all of the updates that you were unable to, restore your emuNAND backup and your SD card backup. Go back to the eShop with your restored emuNAND and try to download the updates. It should now succeed.

I think I may have discovered the problem(s).

First one comes with Shovel Knight as I had the .cia version on 1.2. After that, Yatch Club Games released a mayor update and a retail version of the game. That update had to be applied by redownloading the whole game as I've read, so, redownloading something not purchased at eShop causes the error. Since I also have a Sky3DS+, I've decided to change to the .3ds version and I've succesfully updated the game to it's latest version.

Next is SSB, which may be caused due to a mistake I made; it was an USA .cia, instead of an EUR .cia, so the eShop wasn't able to provide me the update, causing the error. I'm updating it now and doesn't seem to cause any problem. I'll edit this post when it finish.

EDIT: I've succesfully downloaded the update :D

Finally, regarding Mario Kart, a friend told me that sometimes, the game asks you to update even though you might be on the latest version, so I'll check if it is that right after the Smash Bros update finishes.
EDIT: Update is still giving me some issues, so I'll try to download a new one and give it a try.
EDIT2: Still having issues, so I've decided to install one with the update already patched :3

Thanks for the reply anyways :D

Last edited by alzaleches,

emmaxd97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NOOB QUESTION: If i install oot3dhax on my 3ds(with homemenuhax) will i be able to install homemenuhax on another 3ds on fw 9.2 or lower ?

ghaldos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just downgraded my n3ds xl to 9.2 booted up the new reinand and the 3d isn't useable the images are like they're split, is this normal or could it be something wrong with the reinand firmware?

AKA-Link77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just downgraded my n3ds xl to 9.2 booted up the new reinand and the 3d isn't useable the images are like they're split, is this normal or could it be something wrong with the reinand firmware?

I had the same issue, and the simple fix is to just put the system into sleep mode then take it out of sleep mode. (Close the system > Open it.)

Real_Redwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I recently found a 2DS at a pawn shop for only $60. I didn't check the firmware but if I go back and it's still there (or a different one, they get A LOT of them all the time) and it's downgradeable then should I just buy it and update my o3DS to the newest firmware and downgrade the 2DS?

EDIT: Never mind, I ended up deciding to just downgrade my o3DS

Last edited by Real_Redwolf,

AKA-Link77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I gotta quick question...
If I install a legit CIA file onto the sysNAND, will I be able to update the sysNAND *AND* keep that game on the sysNAND?
(New3DS... btw)

Last edited by AKA-Link77,

Chipman42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using RxTools on my 2DS for awhile now, ans starting today whenever I try to launch it from the Internet Browser, it says Communication Error amd fails to launch. I have my Sysnand at 9.2 and my Emunand at 10.5 because I was too busy with Fire Emblem Fates to update my Emunand to 10.6. Am I doing anything wrong? If I am, how can I fix it?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, I gotta quick question...
If I install a legit CIA file onto the sysNAND, will I be able to update the sysNAND *AND* keep that game on the sysNAND?
(New3DS... btw)
Yes, but if you're on an exploitable firmware I would suggest just setting up CFW.

I've been using RxTools on my 2DS for awhile now, ans starting today whenever I try to launch it from the Internet Browser, it says Communication Error amd fails to launch. I have my Sysnand at 9.2 and my Emunand at 10.5 because I was too busy with Fire Emblem Fates to update my Emunand to 10.6. Am I doing anything wrong? If I am, how can I fix it?
RxTools is failing to boot through the browser? Which website are you using to launch it?

Reactions: AKA-Link77

hisagishi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I have gotten my CFW (rxtools) all set up, so I am giving my gateway card to a youngster, I want it to be as bulletproof as possible. (no accidental updating of sysnand, etc)

So, first I was thinking of just installing Gateway Emunand, then menuhax, but I'd need a CIA installer to install menuhax so I'd likely get FBI but I don't know how to install it via gateway. Also would I need to unlink the NANDs even though using gateway?

Jesus, this is a lot of work.

I want to use the gateway so that he doesn't need to worry about installing things to sysnand or emunand via FBI and possibly screwing things up horribly. Its just put games on gateway and off you go.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, I have gotten my CFW (rxtools) all set up, so I am giving my gateway card to a youngster, I want it to be as bulletproof as possible. (no accidental updating of sysnand, etc)

So, first I was thinking of just installing Gateway Emunand, then menuhax, but I'd need a CIA installer to install menuhax so I'd likely get FBI but I don't know how to install it via gateway. Also would I need to unlink the NANDs even though using gateway?

I want to use the gateway so that he doesn't need to worry about installing things to sysnand or emunand via FBI and possibly screwing things up horribly. Its just put games on gateway and off you go.
The benefit of Gateway is that you can put a cia installer on the flashcart (as a .3ds rom), and use that to install a cia installer to emuNAND without needing to go through the extra steps you need to with CFW. Yes, you will still need to unlink the NANDs, even with Gateway.

Reactions: hisagishi

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom

Get the DevMenu.3ds and use that to install fbi.

Reactions: hisagishi

emmaxd97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i install oot3dhax on my 3ds(with homemenuhax) will i be able to install homemenuhax on another 3ds on fw 9.2 or lower ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4