• Views 4,469,663
  • Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am trying to get Fire Emblem: Birthright working - it freezes at the 3DS logo - I have Gateway 3.7.1 (regular firmware is 4.3). Do I need to update my emunand firmward to get it to work?

If you're playing on firmware <9.7 then you need to update your Emunand.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Find a game with 10.3 and update. It seems being on 10.3 has the best chance.
I'm not really sure what to do as I'm not doing anything wrong. I followed every guide for downgrading from 10.1 to 9.2 to the letter and I've tried 40+ times but it STILL doesn't work. I've tried using FTPBrony for a "higher" success rate but even that doesn't work. I also tried using the default homebrew launcher instead of the Masher's homebrew launcher but that didn't work ether. I've also tried the normal sysUpdater, Julian's sysUpdater, and safesysUpdater and none of them worked. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Nothing is working for me.

Sysupdater is really finicky. So it may take a few hours to even try and get it working.

Also updating to 10.3 is a waste of time, it hasn't been confirmed that 10.3 has a higher success rate. So just downgrade from where you are.

Reactions: Real_Redwolf

grano

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi. I have a 2ds with firmware 10.1. I tryed to use BrowserHax (after change the DNS) but the browser return "The Internet Browser cannot be used at this time. Please check your network environment or try again later.". So i tryed to delete the DNS (and using automatic DNS) and my browser ask to me a system update.
what can I do? my ultimate goal is to install rxtools

cjm5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My home button is broken. Is there anyway I can setup a button combination to replicate the home button on reinand? ie pressing L+R+Dpad down+B = Home

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ReiNAND is exclusive to N3DS or, you can have it on O3DS? also, is is different from RXtools, is it better or what?
ReiNAND has moved to support the N3DS exclusively. There are old versions that support the O3DS though. Functionally, rxTools has more features than ReiNAND. RxTools has decryption options, FBI injection, support to launch CFW in sysNAND with or without firmlaunch among other things. ReiNAND is a minimalistic CFW, with the essential features (emuNAND, signature patches). If you don't care about the extra features of rxTools, ReiNAND makes a great, stable CFW for the N3DS.

Critichart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
ReiNAND has moved to support the N3DS exclusively. There are old versions that support the O3DS though. Functionally, rxTools has more features than ReiNAND. RxTools has decryption options, FBI injection, support to launch CFW in sysNAND with or without firmlaunch among other things. ReiNAND is a minimalistic CFW, with the essential features (emuNAND, signature patches). If you don't care about the extra features of rxTools, ReiNAND makes a great, stable CFW for the N3DS.

Very useful, thank you so much Bob! :D

Reactions: BobDoleOwndU

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since new questions are getting answered, and my question(s) from 4 pages back went unanswered, I'm reposting:

Does anybody forsee a problem with the following: I want to transfer my games/profile from an O3DSXL to a N3DSXL. To do this, I'm told I need to have both systems fully updated. So I figured I would attempt to: 10.3->9.2 on O3DSXL, 9.2->2.1 OTP grab on O3DSXL, revert back to 9.2, compile a9hl reinand (or aureinand) and update sysnand to 10.5. Do the same on my N3DSXL. Then do the system transfer and maintain the cfw on both systems.

Having said that, I have the following question: if i'm going the a9hl route, why would I implement and use emunand? Any advantages since sysnand can be updated to the latest version?

Reactions: kevdawg

kevdawg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Following this guide to the T[ShinyMK's guide], I have a couple of questions.

I have done everything in the guide so far except for Chapter V-Step 10 and Chapter VII. (to avoid wiping something I should and avoid updating emunand until I know things are alright)
  1. When I boot into sysNand and try to change the theme, it will change except the next time I boot into sysNand, the theme is back to the default. Why doesn't the theme stay when I change it? If I change the location of an icon it stays.
  2. Seemingly unrelated, I notice that every time I exit "System Settings", it reloads the entire OS. In other words, just by exiting depending on whether I hold L, R or nothing at all I go back to sys/emu/hbl. Is this expected?
I'm avoiding doing anything else such as updating my emunand until I can understand these two questions further. Thanks!

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Following this guide to the T[ShinyMK's guide], I have a couple of questions.

I have done everything in the guide so far except for Chapter V-Step 10 and Chapter VII. (to avoid wiping something I should and avoid updating emunand until I know things are alright)
  1. When I boot into sysNand and try to change the theme, it will change except the next time I boot into sysNand, the theme is back to the default. Why doesn't the theme stay when I change it? If I change the location of an icon it stays.
  2. Seemingly unrelated, I notice that every time I exit "System Settings", it reloads the entire OS. In other words, just by exiting depending on whether I hold L, R or nothing at all I go back to sys/emu/hbl. Is this expected?
I'm avoiding doing anything else such as updating my emunand until I can understand these two questions further. Thanks!
1. This seems a bit odd, the only thing I can think of off the top of my head is that sysNAND and emuNAND aren't unlinked, and that's causing issues with the changes.
2. This is normal. The 3DS needs to reboot once it exits system settings so any changes that may have been made in the settings can be applied.

plusminuspoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to change menuhax from requiring to press the L button to use, to pressing the L button NOT to use? I basically never want to boot into sysNAND unless I explicitly tell it to.

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Is there a way to change menuhax from requiring to press the L button to use, to pressing the L button NOT to use? I basically never want to boot into sysNAND unless I explicitly tell it to.
Yes. Go into menuhax manager, and open 'configure or check hax trigger buttons'. The rest you can figure out easily :)

plusminuspoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Go into menuhax manager, and open 'configure or check hax trigger buttons'. The rest you can figure out easily :)
Hmm, okay that seemed to work, but now when it boots into ReiNAND it goes into a boot loop unless I hold down the L the second time. Is there a way I can get it to boot into the coldboot launcher the first time and then not again after lanching ReiNAND?

Thanks

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm, okay that seemed to work, but now when it boots into ReiNAND it goes into a boot loop unless I hold down the L the second time. Is there a way I can get it to boot into the coldboot launcher the first time and then not again after lanching ReiNAND?

Thanks

Unlink your NANDs.

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have an O3DS XL with 10.1.0-27U. I have a 64 GB MicroSDXC but no flash cart. What can I do with this system, if anything? I have been out of the scene for a while. Looking to do CIA installations.

Might somebody direct me?

You can get homebrew and downgrade, then get CFW and then you can do CIA installation.

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For people with 10.3 firm old 3ds only
1) no special hardware
2)you will an sd card of atleast 32g because the games are really big
3)Watch this first:
watch this second:
4)go to this website and download the newest gateway ultra: http://www.gateway-3ds.com/
5)extract and put the laucher.dat into root of SD card
6)Using the built in 3ds browser navigate to http://go.gateway-3ds.com, after that you in gateway menu mode
7)from there you will need to backup nand.bin for emergencies
8)after backing up, put sd card back in computer and copy/paste nand.bin somewhere safe on computer
9)put sd card back in 3ds and Go back to gateway menu mode on 3ds
10)Do Format emunand, After formatting, put sd card into computer and you will need to put homebrew stuff back on the sd card because it got deleted
10a)Download this file: http://www.mediafire.com/download/bff19okpwv4dbl9/menuhax_v2.2.zip
10b)you will need to replace the outdated menuhax_manager files within the "3DS" folder of your SD card for the homebrew channel
11)Download this file: http://www.mediafire.com/download/e4ko8sf06ergq9a/rxtools.zip
12)extract it and copy the 3 files: Rxtools folder, and the 2 keys on to root of sd card
13)NExt, put sd card back into 3ds and change your 3ds background theme to black color
14)go to homebrew channel and click on the menuhax_manager
15)install menuhax
15a)turn off 3ds and put sd card back in computer. On sd card, you will find a file called boot.3dsx, rename it to boot_hb.3dsx
16)download this file:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ckzzcl5ad5btnoj/CtrBootManager-1.7.zip
17)extract and copy the 2 files and put them on root of sd card
18)put sd card back into 3ds, hold down L and turn on your 3ds, your 3ds should show a messed up looking screen and it will boot into a purple looking menu.
19)choose Rxtools (2nd option) and it will show rxtools splash screen and tells you wait for it to install
20)After that you are booted into emunand, you can check by going into system setting and seeing the RXD beside the firmware number, from here you can do a system update to 10.5
21) All games, real or cia from any region can be played on emunand rxtools only. You leave the sysnand alone (the one with black background theme).
22) let me know you can get this far because we have more steps involving getting cia games to work.

Reactions: OrGoN3

kevdawg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. This seems a bit odd, the only thing I can think of off the top of my head is that sysNAND and emuNAND aren't unlinked, and that's causing issues with the changes.

I thought it was pretty strange. I was quite sure I did the unlinking of the nands correctly but maybe I missed something. I'm not really sure how to proceed from here... Anyone else run into this problem?

Original issue here:
When I boot into sysNand and try to change the theme, it will change except the next time I boot into sysNand, the theme is back to the default. Why doesn't the theme stay when I change it? If I change the location of an icon it stays.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny