SamHack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys ! I found someone who wants to sell this New 3DS XL :
Photo8.jpg

It uses the rxtools which I don't really know a lot about. So I was wondering if it was possible to install the gateway hack on it and use it and if it is possible, can the rxtools help in its setup so that I'll not need a ToZ Ocarina of Time card game.

Thank you.

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys ! I found someone who wants to sell this New 3DS XL :
View attachment 39431

It uses the rxtools which I don't really know a lot about. So I was wondering if it was possible to install the gateway hack on it and use it and if it is possible, can the rxtools help in its setup so that I'll not need a ToZ Ocarina of Time card game.

Thank you.

I don't know if the gateway can launch an emunand that has not been created by the gateway itself.
You'll have to try to figure it.
Anyway, if it does not, you still can clean the SD card and launch the gateway.

On new 3DS you don't need Zelda game anymore. You can launch (probably) everything with the browser and the Homebrew Launcher.
(And then, after a little install, you can boot directly to what you want when you turn ON the 3DS)

hi is it possible to downgrade Old 3ds XL with firmware 10.1.0-27U to 9.2?

Currently it's possible to downgrade any 3DS thas has a firmware at 10.3 MAX.
For some mystic reason, it appears that it's safer to perform a downgrade from 10.3 that from another version. So you might update to 10.3 before starting to downgrade.
On my personnal experience, i only downgraded a N3DS once from 10.3 to 9.2 succesfully.

Last edited by koyuki38,

SamHack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know if the gateway can launch an emunand that has not been created by the gateway itself.
You'll have to try to figure it.
Anyway, if it does not, you still can clean the SD card and launch the gateway.

On new 3DS you don't need Zelda game anymore. You can launch (probably) everything with the browser and the Homebrew Launcher.
(And then, after a little install, you can boot directly to what you want when you turn ON the 3DS)

For some mystic reason, it appears that it's safer to perform a downgrade from 10.3 that from another version. So you might update to 10.3 before starting to downgrade.
On my personnal experience, i only downgraded a N3DS once from 10.3 to 9.2 succesfully.

Donc je pourrais avoir à la fin le gateway et rxtools tous les deux installés sur la New 3DS XL et que je pourrais choisir au démarrage quel hack j'utiliserai, c'est ça ?

Ce que je voulais savoir en toute simplicité est : est ce possible d'installer le gateway sur cette New 3DS XL donc est-ce possible d'avoir deux emunand (un pour rxtools et l'autre pour le gateway) ? Merci

Last edited by SamHack,

jusoh

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia

Really? Thanks :D, can you give tips on how to update to 10.3?

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Donc je pourrais avoir à la fin le gateway et rxtools tous les deux installés sur la New 3DS XL et que je pourrais choisir au démarrage quel hack j'utiliserai, c'est ça ?

Ce que je voulais savoir en toute simplicité est : est ce possible d'installer le gateway sur cette New 3DS XL donc est-ce possible d'avoir deux emunand (un pour rxtools et l'autre pour le gateway) ? Merci

C'est ça. Fait bien attention à pas mettre à jour la 3DS car au delà de la version 10.3, plus rien ne fonctionne pour le moment.
par contre il n'y aura pas deux emunand. Ce sera le même qui sera utilisé, que ce soit pour le gateway, rxtools, ou n'importe quel autre CFW qui boot sur un emunand.

Really? Thanks :D, can you give tips on how to update to 10.3?
No idea. Probably insert a game that carries the 10.3 update, but need confirmation since nintendo can fake an update from a cart and use internet instead.
Not sure that's what they do, but if i were Nintendo i would do it :tpi:

Last edited by koyuki38,

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
I already have an old 3ds with fw 9.2 and linked emunand on 10.4, and now planning to buy a new 3ds (which supposed to have fw 9.9)
so if I update my old 3ds emunand to 10.5, downgrade the new one to 9.2, setup linked emunand and update to 10.5, can I do system transfer from my old 3ds to the new 3ds?

assuming it can, what are the states for both 3ds after system transfer?
  • will the new 3ds automatically installed with legit eshop titles which previously installed on the old 3ds?
  • will the saves from old 3ds compatible with the new 3ds? and is it automatically transferred to the new 3ds?
  • will the unique id of the new 3ds (as in sdcard:\Nintendo 3DS\<this unique id>) be different or same with the old 3ds? (need to confirm because as I know, titles and saves are linked to this unique id)
  • since the system transfer is done on linked emunand, assuming titles are automatically installed on the new 3ds, can I play them directly in sysnand? or I need to dump ticket.db from emunand and restore to sysnand first?
  • will the old 3ds automatically formatted after system transfer? and can I still use the linked emunand from the old 3ds?
basically I want to know if I can keep all data from my old 3ds and play it on the new one without too much hassle

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hard to answer all the cases, but long time ago i performed a system transfert from old3DS emunand 10.x to New 3DS sysnand 10.x (at thit sime, i didn't plan to hack my new 3DS too).

Basically, i transfered : NNID, friend code, game licences).
If i remember i lost the games and saves but they were redownloadable from eshop on the new 3DS.
About the saves, you probably can use savedatafiler to extract the sabe of your CIA games.
Cart games have their saves in the Cart, do you won't lose any data. You might lose DLC and extra data but it can be downloadable again, and extra data are generated when you boot a game for the first time.

I think you need to check if it's possible to perform a system transfert from emunand to emunand of another console.

Reactions: Garou

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Hard to answer all the cases, but long time ago i performed a system transfert from old3DS emunand 10.x to New 3DS sysnand 10.x (at thit sime, i didn't plan to hack my new 3DS too).

Basically, i transfered : NNID, friend code, game licences).
If i remember i lost the games and saves but they were redownloadable from eshop on the new 3DS.
About the saves, you probably can use savedatafiler to extract the sabe of your CIA games.
Cart games have their saves in the Cart, do you won't lose any data. You might lose DLC and extra data but it can be downloadable again, and extra data are generated when you boot a game for the first time.

I think you need to check if it's possible to perform a system transfert from emunand to emunand of another console.
huh, so games and saves are not automatically transferred? and that means I might lose my miiplaza progress as well?
oh I really wish nintendo digital games policy is like sony (sorry if anyone offended by this), but if it were like that, I can simply activate the second 3ds and download all the titles, and if anything goes wrong, I can just play with the old system (not planning to sell it anyway)
thanks for answering though

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
For games and Saves, i think you can choose to transfert licence with or without games and saves. But it's probably super long to transfert all installed games.

About data from miiplaza, etc, i don't remember exactly what i did, but i think i kept the progression of people that i encountered with street pass, as well as the Mii dungeon and puzzle.
This is surely transferable as long as the datas are in your emunand you want to transfert.

Aline Pereira Rêgo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'll be getting a 3ds soon and I need to know how to set it up so I can play with ROMs.
I know I'll need something like rxTools and emuNAND, but is there a complete guide somewhere?
also, what's the difference between me using rxTools instead of a r4?
keep in mind I'm from brazil, so the console will be located here.

EDIT: also is it possible to play original games if I set up the 3ds to run with roms? It'll come with an original pokemon X and I want to know how I can make it all work together.
And is it possible to connect to the internet even with the hacked software?

Last edited by Aline Pereira Rêgo,

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'll be getting a 3ds soon and I need to know how to set it up so I can play with ROMs.
I know I'll need something like rxTools and emuNAND, but is there a complete guide somewhere?
also, what's the difference between me using rxTools instead of a r4?
keep in mind I'm from brazil, so the console will be located here.

EDIT: also is it possible to play original games if I set up the 3ds to run with roms? It'll come with an original pokemon X and I want to know how I can make it all work together.
And is it possible to connect to the internet even with the hacked software?

First thing is what is the firmware is your 3ds? What kind of 3DS? New or old? If your 3ds is 9.3-10.3 firmware, you will need to downgrade to 9.2. If your 3ds has 10.4 or more you will need to hard mod(soldering) in order to downgrade. There's ton of tutorials on downgrading and installing rxtools on youtube if you know how to search. Rxtools can play 3ds games and the type of roms you are looking for is in cia format. R4 are outdated and can only play DS games.

After you setup rxtools with emunand, you can play real games like your pokemon X. And again, the roms you are looking for is called Cia and you can play on Internet when you have emunand installed.

Last edited by cooroxd,

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
My O3DS sysNAND is on 4.2 and i have RxTools 3.0-b8. I've installed a DSi game (Shantae: Risky's Revenge) on sysNAND to play it, i execute it and nothing happends (i've executed it on emuNAND since on sysNAND doesn't appear the app), and it wipe out my MSET exploit. I tried to recover it by following these steps:

-I've downgraded the MSET from RxTools 3.0-b8 (i just used the option just in case, it tells me that there's no need to downgrade the MSET)
-Installing FBI installer 1.4.9 to install the MSET ROP
-Checked the options before installing the ROP: <RxTools 3.0 4.x>
-Install succesfull
-MSET profile still broken. I execute it and both screens remains on gray color, after that trows error and the 3DS reboot itself.

Seriously i don't know what happend, i think that the ROP didn't work, but i don't want to re-install or install another in case of some error.

I'm considering the option of formating the sysNAND to recover the ds profile and re-install the exploit, but i've heard that could cause a brick since it has a custom firmware. So, what should i do at this point? I need that MSET before getting Coldboot.

EDIT: Forget it, i fix it.

Last edited by Autz,

Aeth-r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many people have had this error, you can find the solution if you search it up.

Yes, I've searched for it and the only solution I can find is to link my nands and I don't want to have to go through formatting and reinstalling my backed up nands as it seems to be a bit of a process, like I said before. Is there any kind of alternative solution?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You shouldn't need to link your NANDs. Try linking your NNID on both NANDs though, that solves some problems with eShop downloads.

Hey thanks for your reply. I have my NNID on my emunand, but not on my sysnand. What do I need to do to make that happen?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, I've searched for it and the only solution I can find is to link my nands and I don't want to have to go through formatting and reinstalling my backed up nands as it seems to be a bit of a process, like I said before. Is there any kind of alternative solution?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey thanks for your reply. I have my NNID on my emunand, but not on my sysnand. What do I need to do to make that happen?
The same way you link it on emuNAND. Go to system settings on sysNAND and choose the option to link your NNID. It will ask you to connect to the internet, but it will not ask you to update.

PKSYHR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey so could someone confirm this question. Can you update an emuNAND to any future updates or do you have to wait till it's saported?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: