• Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

Spankpanky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
before i downgrade i have some questions

1a. If I format my N3DS before downgrading, will I have to install *hax again?
1b. Should the microSd card be in the system when I format it?
2. Should my NNID be linked before downgrading?

ItsVoid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Alright, I'm back here going to start asking some questions again.
I downgraded to 9.2 and I have the old 3ds.

Whats the best method of installing a CFW without homebrew? I just can't do the homebrew slider thingy.

Last edited by ItsVoid,

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
before i downgrade i have some questions

1a. If I format my N3DS before downgrading, will I have to install *hax again?
1b. Should the microSd card be in the system when I format it?
2. Should my NNID be linked before downgrading?
1a) yes, but it easy with browserhax on the n3ds
2) no, otherwise you are going have to do a workout

Personal, if you originally have a bunch of digital files, use the workaround, as at that point, you can create nand backup

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Alright, I'm back here going to start asking some questions again.
I downgraded to 9.2 and I have the old 3ds.

Whats the best method of installing a CFW without homebrew? I just can't do the homebrew slider thingy.
You need homebrew
You tried zooming in and just pressing to the left?

melibios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I got my buddy's cfw working last night on his jp 3DS, and this morning, he sent me a photo that shows the error he's suffering atm (see attachment). The way he's been explaining things to me thru messages are unclear, so I can't really tell where he went wrong as I've never experienced this before...but from what I've read online, it could be that he somehow messed with the MSET settings? I wanted to know what are the possibilities that cause this? I have a backup of all his stuff, so i can always start from scratch, but I want to avoid that option for now.

As a side note, he has a jp DS cart of Dragon Quest 8 which he plays, would that matter?

Attachments

• 12659687_219784638365507_684767196_n.jpg
    12659687_219784638365507_684767196_n.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 167

xTealBlooded

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can have both CFW and homebrew. You won't be able to run DS games without a flashcart though.

The best place to start is with rxTools. That'll get you set up with CFW. From there, you can decide whether you want to upgrade to 9.2 or not.

After you've done all of that, check out Retroarch for emulators.

Trying to browserhax on 8.1. After I scan the QR code and tap the slider, my screen keeps going yellow, then grey, then staying grey indefinitely until I restart, and repeat the whole process. Any way to make this work? Or is there a different method for a lower firmware?

Last edited by xTealBlooded,

Mr. Prince

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I have a japanese o3ds on 10.1 and I'm trying to use browserhax with no success. When I try to load the site it gives me an error message and then returns to the home menu. Any ideas?

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm on N3DS 9.0 sysnand & 9.5 emunand. using rxtools. i did the friendmodule thingy to be able to get online again on my games. is there an eshop spoofer that'd work for me? preferably in CIA form.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Trying to browserhax on 8.1. After I scan the QR code and tap the slider, my screen keeps going yellow, then grey, then staying grey indefinitely until I restart, and repeat the whole process. Any way to make this work? Or is there a different method for a lower firmware?
Browserhax is 9.0-9.2 only. For lower firmwares use this website: https://dukesrg.github.io/?rxTools/sys/code.bin.

melibios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I got my buddy's cfw working last night on his jp 3DS, and this morning, he sent me a photo that shows the error he's suffering atm (see attachment). The way he's been explaining things to me thru messages are unclear, so I can't really tell where he went wrong as I've never experienced this before...but from what I've read online, it could be that he somehow messed with the MSET settings? I wanted to know what are the possibilities that cause this? I have a backup of all his stuff, so i can always start from scratch, but I want to avoid that option for now.

As a side note, he has a jp DS cart of Dragon Quest 8 which he plays, would that matter?
Ok so I just found out that I answered my own question in that last sentence. :I Playing DS carts will require you to re-install the MSET exploit again. Heads up for anyone who'd ever encounter it.

Last edited by melibios,

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so I just found out that I answered my own question in that last sentence. :I Playing DS carts will require you to re-install the MSET exploit again. Heads up for anyone who'd ever encounter it.

You can stick the DS exploit so that you can use the flash cart as much as you want while retaining the exploit.

pofer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've had this bothering me for a few days hahahah

Does anyone knows what happens when I'm playing out or region cias in my Emunand while being online ?

I mean , will pepole who I have added be able to see if I'm playing for example , Hyrule warriors ? Shall I disable "Show titles I'm playing" On my settings , the thing is , does it really matter wetter or not I'm online with an out of region cia

Ofc, I won't download DLC or use it for online , so don't bother saying that.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I've had this bothering me for a few days hahahah

Does anyone knows what happens when I'm playing out or region cias in my Emunand while being online ?

I mean , will pepole who I have added be able to see if I'm playing for example , Hyrule warriors ? Shall I disable "Show titles I'm playing" On my settings , the thing is , does it really matter wetter or not I'm online with an out of region cia

Ofc, I won't download DLC or use it for online , so don't bother saying that.
You don't need to worry about playing out-of-region cias. There's been no confirmed cases of people being banned by doing so; not even those who play them online.

Yes, people on your friends list will see you playing the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto