• Likes 43

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
More noob questions:

- How do I get my Homebrew Launcher .cia install to work offline?

- What's the best Save Manager/Editor these days? Savedatafiler, Save Manager, tvds...?

- How do I get around certain saves' ant-cheat encryption? Something about the first 8 bytes?

- What is HANS?

- How do I set up a way to edit my SD card wirelessly, without needing to remove it from an original 3DS?

1- Hold X+Y as you open it, it will cache the exploit on SD

2- Depends on your exact goal, JK is a new promising development which will probably end up the most user friendly but for now it's imperfect and limited (like creating a "Super smash bros." folder, the final dot screws up Windows. svdt also has this specific problem but you can manually select another folder)

3- Use the R+X function in SaveDataFiler to remove the secure value from the internal storage (the most reliable way also done automatically in JK). SVDT instead patches the save, but this requires coding dedicated to each game (which can implement the secure value how it wants, putting it at the start of the save is just the statistically most common way)

4- A homebrew comparable to Gecko OS for Wii/GC, you can run games in a different language on the fly (but the implementation is inferior to other ways), enable 4x speed for O3DS games on N3DS, and swap the game's RomFS and/or ExeFS for one loaded from SD: this means that, together with Braindump, "anyone" can legally create and play romhacks even on 10.5

5- You can find a port of MicroSD Management on the downloads site (use magnets for faster acquiring), or for a more multiplatform solution, there are FTP server homebrews!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If I'm downloading a CIA update, do I need to download previous updates first or are they all bundled into one?

If that game is updated with an actual external update, like Pokemon/Smash/whatever, you only need the last (in fact only one update file can be installed at a time)

If the app is rereleased, like YouTube and some other digital-only ones, you still only need the last, also because only one app with the same titleID can be installed at a time"

Reactions: Smash Br0

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
things to do with new 3DS XL ( US )

use safeupdater od sysupdater ?
do i need to delete some files before attempting to downgrade ?
i already downloaded the new 3ds update for 9.2 from that site , so i just put it on root ?

KingManu23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I only have a 4gb sdhc sd card at the moment while I wait for a bigger one to arrive. Can I still do the hack/softmod on my old 3ds xl (fw 7.1) and store the files on the 4gb and later copy them over to the bigger card?

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
things to do with new 3DS XL ( US )

use safeupdater od sysupdater ?
do i need to delete some files before attempting to downgrade ?
i already downloaded the new 3ds update for 9.2 from that site , so i just put it on root ?

I would use both safesysupdater and sysupdater. Safesysupdater is good to verify that you are using the correct files and sysupdater to downgrade. Also, it may take more than one try for you to downgrade because they are both unstable. If freezes, restart and try again

Last edited by cooroxd,

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia

I would use both safesysupdater and sysupdater. Safesysupdater is good to verify that you are using the correct files and sysupdater to downgrade. Also, it may take more than one try for you to downgrade because they are both unstable. If freezes, restart and try again

i downgrade from the first try , but now it loop forever when i go to system settings.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I only have a 4gb sdhc sd card at the moment while I wait for a bigger one to arrive. Can I still do the hack/softmod on my old 3ds xl (fw 7.1) and store the files on the 4gb and later copy them over to the bigger card?

Yes, but it's honestly worth to wait if it's coming soon. Copying emunand isn't hard at all, but tedious!

ZeroX03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

I managed to full install CFW on my 2DS, thanks for all of your help. Now I have a n3DS XL with FW9.9.0-26E. I've successfully managed to run HBL using Cubic Ninja, but all of my attempts to either downgrade to 9.2 or upgrade to 10.3 have been unsuccessful, I keep getting this error every single time and I'm not sure on what to try next, help please?

"Getting CIA file informations...

titleException:
main.cpp:148: Result: 0xD900182F
Failed to get CIA file info!"

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everyone,

I managed to full install CFW on my 2DS, thanks for all of your help. Now I have a n3DS XL with FW9.9.0-26E. I've successfully managed to run HBL using Cubic Ninja, but all of my attempts to either downgrade to 9.2 or upgrade to 10.3 have been unsuccessful, I keep getting this error every single time and I'm not sure on what to try next, help please?

"Getting CIA file informations...

titleException:
main.cpp:148: Result: 0xD900182F
Failed to get CIA file info!"

You have bad luck.
As crazy as it sounds, try opening and closing Ftpbrony, then scrolling down to sysupdater, and pressing A as you eject CN.
I've read this on the forum, it may have been coincidence, but it was the last of 12 attempts I had to make.

By the way, make sure you are using a N3DS update pack, and preferably do a factory reset first!

i downgrade from the first try , but now it loop forever when i go to system settings.

You may want to try redowngrading, sounds like it skipped some file!

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
You have bad luck.
As crazy as it sounds, try opening and closing Ftpbrony, then scrolling down to sysupdater, and pressing A as you eject CN.
I've read this on the forum, it may have been coincidence, but it was the last of 12 attempts I had to make.

By the way, make sure you are using a N3DS update pack, and preferably do a factory reset first!

but how to downgrade ? i am already on 9.2

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
whenever I convert it to CIA the 1m circuit board error pops up on my 3ds and they can't utilize the in game save feature

GBA real mode doesn't support Flash-128kb saves, or so I heard...

but how to downgrade ? i am already on 9.2
Open SysUpdater again and press Y :)

ZeroX03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have bad luck.

No go, is it really all about luck? It's been driving me bonkers.

Edit: Ahaha, after mindlessly mashing Y for the past hour it worked!

Edit2: Uhhh I was greeted with "An error has occurred etc" and I had to hard shut down the 3DS. Switched it back on and the firmware shows 9.2 in system settings. Has everything been done correctly or do I have frakenfirmware?

Last edited by ZeroX03,

joex11

Trophies
XP
Country
San Marino
Question: I've got 2 jpn n3ds here with me, one 10.3 and the other 9.9-0.0 (no browser).
Since I can't use browserhax and my oot is USA, can I do anything else to get any hax working on the 9.9? Cubic ninja is out of question

Madobe Ai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not so much a noob question, rather I'm baffled and scared of the situation, I rather not touch it until I've understood it.
So, with much more experienced users in this thread, I would like any thoughts on this case.

Upon downgrading my N3DS three(?) weeks ago, which was successful, I proceeded to unlink my NANDs, I did this with tinyFormat to keep my NNID linked to my 3ds.
The buffer text displayed the process as successful, however it was also my first time at using tinyFormat (used system format on the o3dsxl), so I've had no previous knowledge on it's full potential.
Upon restarting my console, I was expecting the initial startup for the sysnand, set up my age, time etc. to then reinstall homemenuhax and return to my emunand. But surprisingly for me, this was not the case, as HomeMenuHax was still present and worked perfectly.
It took a few days for me to realise what was really going on, but I'm too afraid to even boot into Sysnand to check it's status in case it breaks HomeMenuHax (I'm just really lazy O.K.?)

Sometimes I go nuts and think that I've actually been using sysnand the entire time.
That would be pretty funny and unfortunate.

kerobscure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello!

I can run Gateway menu in RXTools with HB Launcher for extract an header?

and i can run it the gateway menu on a 3DS 10.5 sysnand with homebrew launcher?

Thanks for all

baven6er

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm troubled with cold boot. Does it work with unlinked NANDs? If that's the case, I have a problem. Everytime that I try to enter EmuNAND via cold boot -I made the whole process with menuhax, renaming the rxtools.3dsx to boot and etc.-, my 3DS just shows RxTools screen briefly, then it freezes and nothing happens. Can someone help me? I can enter EmuNAND normally by using the link in the Web Browser, though.
Again: my NANDs are unlinked; I am using the boot with L within Menuhax v2.2, and I am using the latest version of rxtools nightly (but I've tried v2.6 before too)

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol