• Likes 43

CompC

Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
for N3DS, DO NOT UPDATE IN SYSTEM SETTING!!!.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-update-emunand-on-a-n3ds.393701/
From that tutorial, get Sysupdater, the cia version.
When you downgraded, you had the 9.2 files in the update folder. replace that with the 9.5 folder, then use sysupdater.

Alright.

So is there a chance of Sysupdater bricking my New 3DS when I try to downgrade, or is it safe? I downgraded my friend's old 3DS fine (after many, many tries) but I heard a lot of people saying things about bricks. But I also saw a lot of people saying they downgraded successfully, too.

Xexyz

GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright.

So is there a chance of Sysupdater bricking my New 3DS when I try to downgrade, or is it safe? I downgraded my friend's old 3DS fine (after many, many tries) but I heard a lot of people saying things about bricks. But I also saw a lot of people saying they downgraded successfully, too.
There is a chance of a softbrick on the n3DS so its a bit risky.

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright.

N3DS user who is successful downgrade.
IDK about hard bricks, but there is a solution to soft bricks
1) Remember to have tube DNS off.
2) If you get a brick, and you can still go to recovery mode, that recovery mode will reinstall the newest firmware, of which you'll be fine.
3) Try again.
Hard brick is consider when the above solution doesn't work, which means you then need to hard mod. But hard brick is very unlikely.
Yes, it is many tries. Took me 2 hours worth of tries.

Edit: Damn, i got ninja 2x in a row.

Last edited by YyAoMmIi,

LolCakeLazors

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried injecting my old sysNAND (before unlinking) into my emuNAND and it did nothing. All it showed was a corrupted Software list and deleted all my CIAs I had installed on my emuNAND. I'm trying to get my old save files back.

CompC

Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
N3DS user who is successful downgrade.
IDK about hard bricks, but there is a solution to soft bricks
1) Remember to have tube DNS off.
2) If you get a brick, and you can still go to recovery mode, that recovery mode will reinstall the newest firmware, of which you'll be fine.
3) Try again.
Hard brick is consider when the above solution doesn't work, which means you then need to hard mod. But hard brick is very unlikely.
Yes, it is many tries. Took me 2 hours worth of tries.

Edit: Damn, i got ninja 2x in a row.
If I do recovery mode and reinstall the latest firmware, will I lose the stuff on my 3DS? Or will the firmware be reinstalled, and be able to load all my games and settings like nothing happened?

Athe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What are the safest ways to update my O3DS emunand to a specific version like, say, 9.2? I checked several guides but they were either for N3DS or dangerously out of date.

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I do recovery mode and reinstall the latest firmware, will I lose the stuff on my 3DS? Or will the firmware be reinstalled, and be able to load all my games and settings like nothing happened?
Correct.
Firmware updates normally doesn't do anything to the game files and stuff.
backing up NAND, restoring NAND, system format, is a different story.

CompC

Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
Correct.
Firmware updates normally doesn't do anything to the game files and stuff.
backing up NAND, restoring NAND, system format, is a different story.

Great, so there isn't a huge risk, since it can be fixed easily.

I guess this is my final question for the night: If some major change happens, like a new firmware update with a new feature I really want, or something, can I just update sysnand to the latest version, and get rid of the emunand partition on the SD card?

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are the safest ways to update my O3DS emunand to a specific version like, say, 9.2? I checked several guides but they were either for N3DS or dangerously out of date.
There no guide for 03DS since they can update from system setting just fine. N3DS has issue with stuff past 9.5, hence the guide.

Though, note, for any future firmware, double check if it safe to update.

Last edited by YyAoMmIi,

Athe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There no guide for 03DS since they can update from system setting just fine. N3DS has issue with stuff past 9.5, hence the guide.

Though, note, for any future firmware, double check if it safe to update.

Okay, so just to make sure I have this straight - I'm to update from emuNAND through system settings to 10.3.28, which you're saying is safe? But hold off on updating emuNAND after that?

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried injecting my old sysNAND (before unlinking) into my emuNAND and it did nothing. All it showed was a corrupted Software list and deleted all my CIAs I had installed on my emuNAND. I'm trying to get my old save files back.
I have a feeling this problem is due to the Nintendo 3DS folder.
I actually. did a similar thing before. When I made my emuNAND and unlinked, I did back up my NAND before all that, but I didn't inject it at the time. Only latter did i go restore it.

In you Nintendo 3DS folder, there should be 2 folders. 1 is your sysnand (made after the system format of the unlinking proccess). 2nd is your emunand folder (which was there before any of this problem).
Make sure your emunand folder is same as before the whole emunand stufff.

Great, so there isn't a huge risk, since it can be fixed easily.

I guess this is my final question for the night: If some major change happens, like a new firmware update with a new feature I really want, or something, can I just update sysnand to the latest version, and get rid of the emunand partition on the SD card?
Damn, your final question is one I do not know...
I'm assuming it could work like this:
1) downgrade emunand back to 9.2
2) back up EmuNand,
3) inject the sysnand with the EmuNand. You may need to do some renaming and need Emunand9 for this.
4) This should re link your EmuNand and sysNand.
5) update
IDK what would be appealing in a few firmware update though...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay, so just to make sure I have this straight - I'm to update from emuNAND through system settings to 10.3.28, which you're saying is safe? But hold off on updating emuNAND after that?
that latter note was a warning.
Say 10.4 comes out or 10.5. check the forums to see if O3DS is safe to update.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so just to make sure I have this straight - I'm to update from emuNAND through system settings to 10.3.28,
correct but when in emunand and you open the settings app go directly to the update option

which you're saying is safe?
correct
But hold off on updating emuNAND after that?
with rxtools any fw should be good for emunand . . . but if you are ever worried backup your emunand then update emunand that way if the update is bad you can revert
If some major change happens, like a new firmware update with a new feature I really want, or something, can I just update sysnand to the latest version, and get rid of the emunand partition on the SD card?
this would be pointless you can update emunand to the new update and use that for said feature (after you install emunand you will do things there instead of sysnand)

Last edited by wormdood,

daicon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to install rxTools v3.0 on my O3DS on 4.4

It says I need firmware.bin and rxTools.dat

I was able to locate firmware.bin but I can't find anything about where to find the dat file.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to install rxTools v3.0 on my O3DS on 4.4

It says I need firmware.bin and rxTools.dat

I was able to locate firmware.bin but I can't find anything about where to find the dat file.
may i ask what guide says this? because rxtools no longer uses the rxtools.dat file

Last edited by wormdood,

daicon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
may i ask what guide says this? because rxtools no longer uses the rxtools.dat file
Thank you, does it still use the firmware.bin?

Guide says: "Before installing rxTools, you need to download firmware.bin using tools/cdn_firm.py1. To install rxTools, simply copy rxTools.dat, firmware.bin and the rxTools folder to your SD card. Put any additional themes to rxTools/theme/n (where n is the a number from 0 to 9). If you are using Ninjhax, copy rxTools.3dsx and rxTools.smdh to the 3ds folder. If your console's firmware version is below 8.0, you need to copy slot0x25KeyX.bin to your SD card in order to launch an updated emuNAND or to decrypt newer games. "

RitzMalh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After I was having issues with trying to install CFW, I wiped everything (format 3DS + SD). I am trying to use rxTools but it keeps telling me that no emuNAND is found on my SD. I've created emuNAND with EmuNAND9 and my sdcard successfully lost ~2GB. Is my fresh 3DS with no NNID causing EmuNAND creation to fail? If no, does anyone have any other ideas?

Im on o3DS with 9.2 (downgraded from 10.3).

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
14.6 MB rxTools-83afbb6.zip use this build (its the 9/28 my favorite)
delete from your sd card the rxtools.dat, the firmware.bin, and the rxtools folder then
If you are using Windows, right-click the rxtools.rar and open Properties. If at the bottom, it says the file is blocked, check "Unblock" and Apply. This should take care of any problems you have with the following steps.

1. Put the "rxtools" folder on your SD card root.
2. Run cdn_firm.py in the "Tools" folder. It will generate a firm folder in the same folder that cdn_firm.py is in. The firm folder must go into the rxTools folder like so: SD:/rxtools/firm
3. If your 3DS is below 7.x firmware: Get "slot0x25KeyX.bin" (Hint: google it, download link should be in the description of a certain youtube video :ph34r:) (MD5: 817FD1BFFBA60F79CF8CDF19CAF28923). Put this file on your SD card root.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good afternoon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I questioned a snickers bar having 42 on it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I questioned a snickers bar having 42 on it