• Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

.:drk_drgn:.

rawr
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have an original 3DS using Gateway with emunand on 9.7, and I have the latest gateway Launcher.dat . Can I do a system update inside emunand to the latest version?

EDIT: Nvm it worked

Last edited by .:drk_drgn:.,

AceEvo55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, I've heard that it's possible to use the Blue Card multikernel zip to run GBA roms, but I can't find any recent information so I'm not sure if things simply haven't changed, or if it no longer works, and I'm just here to see if anyone can point me in the right direction.

I've got
⋅ a 9.0 n3ds
(emunand is also 9.0 because I didn't see any real benefit to updating to 9.5 emunand, feel free to correct me if that's something I should do as well)
⋅ gateway 3.4.1 (another thing I didn't update because, honestly, I'm not 100% sure how. Just replace launcher on sd card and boot to gateway menu, update on emunand launch like setup?)

Thanks in advance!

Energygamer3ds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone my name is Chance and I am having some trouble, I have a new 3ds on 8.1J firmware so a japanese 8.1 n3ds. I also have emunand 9.5 GW with gateway launcher 3.5.1 there is obviously no internet browser and I am wanting to play mario and luigi paper jam EUR on my n3ds. What exactly can I do to make it so I can play this? I have tried the .3ds and it just freezes on the 3ds logo. I have tried the .CIA and it tells me to turn the system off. I have tried installing NTR CFW 3.2 using the title manager menu thing basically installing the .cia and running it that way then after that I then used Cubic Ninja QR code save to launch NTR CFW and it goes back to the home menu but I cannot launch anything after and by anything I mean the game that I want to run Mario and Luigi Paper Jam I run CFW but my emunand is what has the .cia and .3ds files so please if someone can help me I would appreciate it immensely so so so much :)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys, I've heard that it's possible to use the Blue Card multikernel zip to run GBA roms, but I can't find any recent information so I'm not sure if things simply haven't changed, or if it no longer works, and I'm just here to see if anyone can point me in the right direction.

I've got
⋅ a 9.0 n3ds
(emunand is also 9.0 because I didn't see any real benefit to updating to 9.5 emunand, feel free to correct me if that's something I should do as well)
⋅ gateway 3.4.1 (another thing I didn't update because, honestly, I'm not 100% sure how. Just replace launcher on sd card and boot to gateway menu, update on emunand launch like setup?)

Thanks in advance!
The blue card won't play GBA roms. To play GBA roms, you need to install them as CIAs (so get bigbluemenu.3ds/.cia). And use rxtools (or another CFW) as Gateway doesn't support GBA.

Or, you can get a DSTwo card. It is capable of emulating GBA because it has an extra processor built in.

Ridge

they/them
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Norway
I've been looking for a place to ask this, so I'm crossing my fingers this is the place. I have a 3DS that I want to use for EmuNAND, and it's currently on version 6.1.0-12E. What do you guys recommend, should I update as close as I can to 9.2? I have Majora's Mask that I believe I can use to update to 8.1.0. I'd generally want to avoid spending money on stuff like Gateway cards and the like.

EDIT: I guess it's always best to be on as low firmware as possible, but is it really ALWAYS the case?

Last edited by Ridge,

Loop101010

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello. I was just hoping to confirm something. Is the Gateway 3DS Ultra 3.5.1 compatible with the 3DS XL using firmware 4.4.0-10E?

I have this firmware, the Gateway Zelda save method crashes my 3DS XL 4.4.0-10E so I am planning to upgrade firmware using Super Smash Bros to 8.0 and then re-try. This is a one way firmware upgrade so I was hoping perhaps someone could confirm if upgrading the firmware is a requirement?

Many thanks!

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I was wondering if anyone had tips on getting python to run I've seem to hit a wall at this poin in the tutorial
Thanx
install python 2.7 then go to rxtools.zip rightclick it select properties then unblock then unzip it then run the newly unziped cdn_firm.py

the firmware.bin can also be found on that iso site but for the best compatibility make your own
Hey everyone my name is Chance and I am having some trouble, I have a new 3ds on 8.1J firmware so a japanese 8.1 n3ds. I also have emunand 9.5 GW with gateway launcher 3.5.1 there is obviously no internet browser and I am wanting to play mario and luigi paper jam EUR on my n3ds. What exactly can I do to make it so I can play this? I have tried the .3ds and it just freezes on the 3ds logo. I have tried the .CIA and it tells me to turn the system off. I have tried installing NTR CFW 3.2 using the title manager menu thing basically installing the .cia and running it that way then after that I then used Cubic Ninja QR code save to launch NTR CFW and it goes back to the home menu but I cannot launch anything after and by anything I mean the game that I want to run Mario and Luigi Paper Jam I run CFW but my emunand is what has the .cia and .3ds files so please if someone can help me I would appreciate it immensely so so so much :)
i have a guide for you . . . but be warned this is not easy stuff here [GUIDE] Upgrading 8.1.0-0J to 9.2.0-20J
I've been looking for a place to ask this, so I'm crossing my fingers this is the place. I have a 3DS that I want to use for EmuNAND, and it's currently on version 6.1.0-12E. What do you guys recommend, should I update as close as I can to 9.2? I have Majora's Mask that I believe I can use to update to 8.1.0. I'd generally want to avoid spending money on stuff like Gateway cards and the like.

EDIT: I guess it's always best to be on as low firmware as possible, but is it really ALWAYS the case?
that's the case so don't update anything especially not with a gamecard . . . just follow this guide [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (3DS and 2DS)

Last edited by wormdood,

kumorebikun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia

You can create emunand by downloading gateway's launcher.dat, then use either the nintendo ds profile exploit (mset) or browser exploit to install rxTools :) you xan keep your sysnand firmware as it is and continue using the mset exploit to access your emunand after that or use sysupdater to update it to 9.2 to launch directly into rxTools when you boot up your 3DS. Just follow this tutorial:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

Updating your firmware to 9.2 basically gives you the option to autoboot emunand and use homebrew like hans to play customised games :)

Reactions: Ridge

FancyPlants

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, hope I can get some help here since I'm brand new to flashcards and the like~
I've been looking at getting a DSTwo plus, but am still confused on some things. I have a 3DS XL (9.2+) as well as DSi & lite, so as I understand it I would not be able to play 3DS games until an exploit is found for 9.2+ or they find a way to do what Sky3DS does, correct? I haven't seen anything saying it doesn't, but does the DSTwo+ work with DSi and lower? Also would it be worth it to buy the DSTwo+ as just a DS/GBA/etc. card as well as a Sky3DS for 3DS games, or should I just wait for updates to support new firmware (I'll probably be mainly using it for DS/GBA games anyway)?
Thanks so much for any help!

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, hope I can get some help here since I'm brand new to flashcards and the like~
I've been looking at getting a DSTwo plus, but am still confused on some things. I have a 3DS XL (9.2+) as well as DSi & lite, so as I understand it I would not be able to play 3DS games until an exploit is found for 9.2+ or they find a way to do what Sky3DS does, correct? I haven't seen anything saying it doesn't, but does the DSTwo+ work with DSi and lower? Also would it be worth it to buy the DSTwo+ as just a DS/GBA/etc. card as well as a Sky3DS for 3DS games, or should I just wait for updates to support new firmware (I'll probably be mainly using it for DS/GBA games anyway)?
Thanks so much for any help!
yes the scds2+ will work on older model ds systems ex: dsi or ds lite (just dont load/setup gateway plugin)
and the price point for the scds2 and the scds2+ is such a small difference that i would just get the + they both provide the same basic ds mode functions. just the + is stronger processor, a gateway plugin (requires 9.2 or lower 3ds), and a better form factor (the shell of the flashcard itself is complete where as the non+ has a sticker covering bare circuits)

oh and yes its worth having scds2 alongside sky if you care about gba games the sky will give you cubic ninja (ninjahax . . .hbc) so emulators including a gba emulator however the scds2's gba emulator is currently far Superior to the hbc's gba emulator
also sky cant play .nds at all so you would still need a r4i if not a scds2 for that at least

. . . i hope this helped

Last edited by wormdood,

FancyPlants

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes the scds2+ will work on older model ds systems ex: dsi or ds lite (just dont load/setup gateway plugin)
and the price point for the scds2 and the scds2+ is such a small difference that i would just get the + they both provide the same basic ds mode functions. just the + is stronger processor, a gateway plugin (requires 9.2 or lower 3ds), and a better form factor (the shell of the flashcard itself is complete where as the non+ has a sticker covering bare circuits)
. . . i hope this helped
Alright, thanks so much :D! I guess, yeah, I'll just go with the DSTwo+ and hope that they find a new method to load ROMs and such sometime in the future (I only just saw how expensive the Sky3DS is).

Mythrandir

Life-long Learner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does one decrypt a 3DS ROM, extracted via the Gateway menu, using the rxTools (no xorpads) method? I'm attempting to install a .cia version of Rutile Ruby using my own ROM dump using this guide:
  • Uninstall any OR/AS updates you have installed on your 3DS.
  • Click the banner at the top of this thread or the link at the bottom to download the .zip file for the hack you want to play.
  • Obtain a .3ds ROM of Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire. I can't help you here, try Google or use Gateway/CFW (9.2 or lower only) to rip your retail cartridge. Don't use any "Online Patched" (.3dz) ROMs.
  • Decrypt your ROM. We'll be using this method and these tools. I recommend using the rxTools (no xorpads) method. You can also do this with a .cia ROM if you prefer to use .cia files.
  • Unpack your ROM using HackingToolkit.bat. Enter "D" (no quotes) and tell it the name of your ROM file. Your ROM file needs to be in the Pack Hack folder.
  • Drag the files in the "Distribution" folder you downloaded into the Pack Hack folder. Let it overwrite everything. If your "Distribution" folder doesn't have an "exe" folder, you have an old version of the ROM hack and need to redownload.
  • Follow this guide to rebuild and install the modified ROM as a .cia file.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys good news I think I played around with the path for opening and finally got a firmware.bin file!!!!!! But still have doubts my file is 3485kb and the video was only 943kb
Is this an issue?

It doesn't matter, different builds use different firnmware.bin files which all have a different size.

So I transfered data from my original 3ds to the emunand of the cfw, the problem is that I don't have fbi on my emunand anymore. How can I get it back?

FBI injection.

Reactions: Hazzer

Deleted member 358315

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Probably has been answered already but.

I am currently running a Old 3DS wtith 10.1.0-27E with menuhax?? (The one I need to press L on boot). Is it save to update to the latest 3DS firmware version? And can I get homebrew Launcher working without the game haxes?

I doubt installing CFW works since everything states to max 9.9 I believe.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I am currently running a Old 3DS wtith 10.1.0-27E with menuhax?? (The one I need to press L on boot). Is it save to update to the latest 3DS firmware version? And can I get homebrew Launcher working without the game haxes?

No, Menuhax was patched in the 10.2 update, if you update to 10.3 it will stop working permanently.

Also 9.2 is the highest firmware to install CFW.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can't I install FBI from Ninjhax2.5 used in Emunand or something like that...I noticed that I could use the FBI.3dsx with homemenuhax on my 9.2 sysnand...If i delete the savefile of Cubic Ninja(used to install homemenuhax on my 9.2 sysnand) and update the QR code to 10.3-28(emunand firmware), I suppose I could use the same boot.3dsx and 3ds files (I haven't configured Autoboot yet) I use for homemenuhax for Ninjhax. I then could boot Homebrewlauncher in Emunand, maybe run FBI.3dsx and Install FBI.cia hopefully in Emunand. the result would be: Getting a CIA installer in Emunand without injection? Do you think it would work?

Last edited by Amapola62,

Ridge

they/them
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Norway

Like @Tony_93 said, if you update, you'll lose MenuHax. Your only way of accessing hacks will be with 1.0/1.1 IronFall, Ocarina of Time 3D and Cubic Ninja. IronFall and Ocarina of Time 3D's payloads have to be updated to 10.3 BEFORE you update your 3DS.
No CFW for you, sadly.

Last edited by Ridge,

Ridge

they/them
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Norway
Ok thanks for the answers @Tony_93 and @Ridge.

Just wondering is there anyway to spoof the eshop so I can update my game? I believe it got patched recently to not work anymore? But not certain about alternatives.

As far as I know there's actually a chance it'll work for you since you're on 10.1, so go ahead and try to launch the eShop through HANS with firmware spoof!

Reactions: NoNAND

Deleted member 358315

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
As far as I know there's actually a chance it'll work for you since you're on 10.1, so go ahead and try to launch the eShop through HANS with firmware spoof!

Unless I am doing something wrong it doesn't work for me keeps saying that I need to update first.

Any other ways to get a update for the game?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: it was also the only game I played