• Likes 43

CXu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi,

So, basically, I have a 3DS that's 9. something I forgot but it's higher than what I can use. I have a friend who has a 3DS still running 8. something, and as she doesn't use her 3DS much, she agreed to trade hers with mine. The thing is though, she'd like to keep her save files and whatnot. Would it be possible to perform a system transfer without updating her firmware?

forbidden403

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
How can I run homebrew on CFW?

I just have installed CFW on my N3DS FW9.1 following this guide. https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...ncluding-emunand-coldboot-cia-manager.405589/
I want to apply custom theme on it. So I downloaded CHMM2 from this. https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-chmm2-custom-home-menu-manager-2.397543/page-32
Unfortunately, an error " Error: [string "?"]:111: cannot initialize Sound module" emerged. The creator suggest that I need DSP Firmware Dumper.
So, I download DSP to homebrew menu, run it. Now I can apply but it reboot. When it on again, it seem like DSP didn't automatically boot. At this point, custom theme doesn't show.

I think it might because my Homebrew launcher boot from sysnand, not emunand.
Now I'm curious if I can run homebrew on CFW or how can I use custom on CFW.

sugus32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
I'm totally a noob and I would like to know if you can run n3ds backup games (like pokemon x or monster hunter 4) on a n2ds console. If so, what should I be aware of? I think you have to use a flashcart but there is a lot of models, which one should I look for?
Please, if you take the time to respond be clear because I don't know yet all the specific vocabulary and how it works...

Thanks a million.

Last edited by sugus32,

Cloud9Skywalker

Pokémon Researcher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installation
The recommended way to install oot3dhax is with either sploit_installer(https://github.com/smealum/sploit_installer), which is included with the homebrew starter-kit(https://smealum.github.io/3ds/), or by writing save-images with a gamecard save dongle for example.

Raw save-images which can be written to the gamecard savedata flash are contained in the oot3dhax release-archive. The "saveimages" directory is for raw 0x20000-byte saveimages, while "saveimages_powersaves" is for Datel Powersaves. Those directories contain two sub-directories, each for a different cardid set. If you don't know what the cardids for your gamecard are(these are included with what are commonly called "gamecard-unique headers"), just try either directory until one of them works without the game triggering a savedata-corruption error at boot. These directories then contain sub-directories for each game region. The saveimage files under those region directories have the same filename as the payload contained in the savedata, you can use the filename from this to determine which saveimage filename to use:https://smealum.github.io/3ds/#otherapp

Before using the "saveimages" directory, you should verify that your savedata backup filesize matches the filesize from the files from that directory.

Instructions for using with Datel Powersaves:

• 1) Backup your gamecard savedata with Powersaves, even if you don't want to keep that savedata.
  • 2) In Windows Explorer, goto "C:\Users\YourUsername\Powersaves3DS".
  • 3) Copy the saveimage you selected from the saveimages_powersaves directory in the release-archive as described above, to this Powersaves3DS directory.
  • 4) Rename your backup save to a different filename.
  • 5) Rename the oot3dhax saveimage to the filename which the backup save had originally.
  • 6) Use Powersaves to restore the save.
For reading/writing the savefile(this can be any save0X.bin file) with ctrclient-yls8, for gamecard:

• Reading save00.bin: ctrclient-yls8 --serveradr={ipadr} "--customcmd=directfilerw 0x567890B1 0x1 0x1 0x4 0x18 0x1 0x0 2F007300610076006500300030002E00620069006E000000 @out.bin"
  • Write save00.bin: ctrclient-yls8 --serveradr={ipadr} "--customcmd=directfilerw 0x567890B1 0x1 0x1 0x4 0x18 0x7 0x14dc 0x0 2F007300610076006500300030002E00620069006E000000 @input.bin"
  • Write payload.bin: ctrclient-yls8 --serveradr={ipadr} "--customcmd=directfilerw 0x567890B1 0x1 0x1 0x4 0x1a 0x7 {payloadsize} 0x0 2F007000610079006C006F00610064002E00620069006E000000 @payload.bin"
  • Read payload.bin: ctrclient-yls8 --serveradr={ipadr} "--customcmd=directfilerw 0x567890B1 0x1 0x1 0x4 0x1a 0x1 0x0 2F007000610079006C006F00610064002E00620069006E000000 @out.bin"

Thank-you for your post and helping me get started with installing OOT3DSHax. Reading all that was all very confusing but I am going to get a better look at those instructions word by word as soon as I have a chance.

I came across this instructional video on Youtube

It was uploaded very recent and gives a step by step tutorial on how to install OOT3DSHax with Power Saves Pro. The reason I am mentioning this video is because maybe it involves the same steps as mentioned above just in a video which can be a bit more helpful.

Last edited by Cloud9Skywalker,
Reactions: wormdood

SmellyPirateMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got an odd question/request. I just got a JPN 3ds and I'm american who doesn't know the language. Can someone help me find the characters to type in for "update"? So I can search and download updates from the eshop. Would really appreciate it.

I tried bing translate but I can't find the characters it says on the keyboard

Last edited by SmellyPirateMonkey,

Loop101010

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello. I was just hoping to confirm something. Is the Gateway 3DS Ultra 3.5.1 compatible with the 3DS XL using firmware 4.4.0-10E?

I have this firmware, the Gateway Zelda save method crashes my 3DS XL 4.4.0-10E so I am planning to upgrade firmware using Super Smash Bros to 8.0 and then re-try. This is a one way firmware upgrade so I was hoping perhaps someone could confirm if upgrading the firmware is a requirement?

Many thanks!

Sorry to re-post. Just wondering if anyone can advise... Going to have to try this tonight one way or another :-)

I am fairly sure the Zelda save file will not work on 4.4 and therefore I must update to 8.0/8.2. Just not sure if there is a down side to this?

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't I install FBI from Ninjhax2.5 used in Emunand or something like that...I noticed that I could use the FBI.3dsx with homemenuhax on my 9.2 sysnand...If i delete the savefile of Cubic Ninja(used to install homemenuhax on my 9.2 sysnand) and update the QR code to 10.3-28(emunand firmware), I suppose I could use the same boot.3dsx and 3ds files (I haven't configured Autoboot yet) I use for homemenuhax for Ninjhax. I then could boot Homebrewlauncher in Emunand, maybe run FBI.3dsx and Install FBI.cia hopefully in Emunand. the result would be: Getting a CIA installer in Emunand without injection? Do you think it would work?

That's normal, the exploit Ninjhax uses to install cias using FBI.3dsx was patched in the 9.3 update, subsequentially patched in your 10.3 emunand.

USE FBI INJECTION.

KalteFanta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey Guys, im playing MHX translation patched6 with a 3ds file, how can I update the game to patch 7 with the newest update, without losing the savefiles? old3ds -gateway

warlord8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, so I've been waaayy out of the scene and haven't touched my 3DS in a year or so. Anyways, my 3DS xl is the old one on version 4.5 and I have a gateway card. I think the gateway firmware, if that's what its called, is version 2.7 or something. I didnt upgrade to ULTRA because I didnt want to take the risk with WIFI. However, now I see that Gateway supports cheats. I would really like to use this feature, but am unsure if gateway is the right way to go. I also heard that there are custom firmwares that support cheats and have a bigger library.

Should I stick with gateway or find a custom firmware? Is it possible to use both a custom firmware and gateway together?

Last edited by warlord8,

Deleted member 358315

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If I get a Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D game to install oot3dhax compared to my current menuhax what does exactly change? Can I update to the latest 10.3 from 10.1 version for my O3DS? and then just run the game to load hbl?

D

Deleted User

If I get a Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D game to install oot3dhax compared to my current menuhax what does exactly change? Can I update to the latest 10.3 from 10.1 version for my O3DS? and then just run the game to load hbl?
Menuhax is more convenient for people who plan to load the HBL instantly. However, there's no more eShop spoofing as of yet, so you could get OoT and update if you want to get access to the eShop.

Deleted member 358315

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Menuhax is more convenient for people who plan to load the HBL instantly. However, there's no more eShop spoofing as of yet, so you could get OoT and update if you want to get access to the eShop.

Oke thanks guess I will buy it then since I mainly use HBL for save manager and homebrew bank few additional steps in getting it doesn't matter for me that much. I need to update my Pokemon AS which I received<.< Otherwise I can't go online.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to re-post. Just wondering if anyone can advise... Going to have to try this tonight one way or another :-)

I am fairly sure the Zelda save file will not work on 4.4 and therefore I must update to 8.0/8.2. Just not sure if there is a down side to this?

Don't update using a game cardtridge, it can only do more damage than good.

Get a $10 DS Flashcart and use the mset exploit instead.

Venat

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,
I'm totally a noob and I would like to know if you can run n3ds backup games (like pokemon x or monster hunter 4) on a n2ds console. If so, what should I be aware of? I think you have to use a flashcart but there is a lot of models, which one should I look for?
Please, if you take the time to respond be clear because I don't know yet all the specific vocabulary and how it works...

Thanks a million.

The 2DS plays all games a 3DS would, there are only two games that require the New 3DS (Xenoblade Chronicles and Binding of Isaac).

If your firmware is 9.2 or lower you don't need a flashcart, if it is above your only option is a Sky3DS (there are different ones, be sure to know which one does what if you want/need one).

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

Thanks a million.

In order to know what your options are you have to let us know your firmware. According to the firmware your system is on, you can use different things/flashcarts.

And yes, you can play all 3DS games in the 2DS, the only 2 games you can't play in the 2DS are Xenoblade Chronicles and The Binding of Isaac Rebirth because they are New 3DS exclusives.

Hazzer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys me again (sorry this is one of the hardest hacks I've done and I've rgh'd a 360!). Im on 4.3 firmware and I can't seem to get Rx tools to work with the github exploit seems that I have to update my emunand to 9.2? Is this correct? Or is it because I have -6U after my firmware and I've gone as far asi can go with out a flash card?

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys me again (sorry this is one of the hardest hacks I've done and I've rgh'd a 360!). Im on 4.3 firmware and I can't seem to get Rx tools to work with the github exploit seems that I have to update my emunand to 9.2? Is this correct? Or is it because I have -6U after my firmware and I've gone as far asi can go with out a flash card?

Dude I already answered your question via PM before.

rxTools needs a minimum of -7 to run via web browser.

You just got a system with a really old firmware and that's why you need to do a few extra steps to hack it.

Which is to get a $10 DS flashcart and use it to install the mset exploit (also known as DS Profile exploit).

Hazzer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dude I already answered your question via PM before.

rxTools needs a minimum of -7 to run via web browser.

You just got a system with a really old firmware and that's why you need to do a few extra steps to hack it.

Which is to get a $10 DS flashcart and use it to install the mset exploit (also known as DS Profile exploit).

Ok thanx sorry sounded like you weren't sure thought id try without got pretty far I guess this is the wall without I'll order the ds flash card thanx and sorry again

viperGTS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, it's been a while!

I just got a 2DS and it's on version 8.1.0-19U. Are there any tools I can use this firmware with to backup my Pokemon game saves and possibly restore them to other carts?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.