Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Cant find the 9.2 cias anywhere so im using the game Gardening Mama: Forest Friends to update to 9.2 from 8.1 Info from
http://www.3dsdb.com/
Will it work
It will work but you can find the 9.2 cias from "that" iso site.

I have a question.
I need to do a system transfer from o3ds emunand to n3ds emunand.
Since both need to be updated to the last fw, and n3ds emunand is up to 9.5.
Could I make a backup of the sysnand on the n3ds
update it to 10.3
do the system transfer
restore the backup through hardmod
format emuNAND
update it to 9.5
install NVer, tiger and use FMP.
Will it be possible to link my NNID to the emunand of the n3ds?
Have a look at ronhero's tutorial on the Tutorials page about how to system transfer from old 3DS to new 3DS. His guide just uses freemultipatcher which may not work on its own, but you can replace that with known methods to spoof eShop. Looks like you're on top of that.

What is the difference between RXmode and Devmode
What are each used for
They are the same, but Devmode has a particular patch removed so that if you change system files, you won't get a brick. If you try to update in rxMode you will brick.

Can you use the MSET exploit on 8.1
a) If you are using a Japanese new 3DS with Gateway
b) If you are using rxTools on an old 3DS (you can use the 6.x MSET downgrade)

moeyehtet96

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I have a question. I am planning to use Gateway flashcart for my O3DS XL. I am confused about the 3DS roms to download. I often see roms with online patched and online ready. What's the difference between those two? And which one should I choose to play with Gateway exploit? I would also appreciate if you can tell about anything that should be noted for choosing the roms.

Xinaman

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi,
I have a question. I am planning to use Gateway flashcart for my O3DS XL. I am confused about the 3DS roms to download. I often see roms with online patched and online ready. What's the difference between those two? And which one should I choose to play with Gateway exploit? I would also appreciate if you can tell about anything that should be noted for choosing the roms.
Don`t download online ready roms (.3dz), you have to make your own, with a private header, or else you will get banned by Nintendo.
Take a look at this tutorials:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-get-your-private-header-using-powersaves.385511/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...y3ds-no-worries-about-manufacturer-id.393503/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...oob-private-header-questions-answered.388906/

CIH137

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just finished modding my N3DS. I still have EMUNAND of 9.0 i think. I use gateway and I have the DS profile exploit.

How do I update to 9.5 easily or do I need to if I plan to use gateway?

Also I want to play the new triforce heroes game and animal crossing happy house maker. Can I play the .3ds version or do I just need to install the cia or is there more to playing it?

Woody8275

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just did a transfer from another 3ds to my 3ds emunand and now i keep getting 028-3220 error any help since i am now worried i have lost all my files

dudereno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

Long time out of the scene.

I have 2 3DS's

O3DS sysnand 9.2 EU
O3DS XL sysnand 9.2 EU

Yesterday I successfully installed emunand onto a 2GB card using my O3DS using the "webhack" process gateway loader / rxtools. This has peaked my interest in doing the same but on a 32GB card for my bigger O3DSXL which currently has a 16GB with my system transfer with all my game saves, eshop purchases and ambassador games.

IF I use a new 32GB card on my O3DSXL and install emunand, will this affect my settings or invalidate any of my data on the actual console?

Is the console tied to the SDcard if I want to swap back to my original 16GB card?

I will only be trialling new games on the emunand, no on line stuff as well. I dont want to touch any sysnand processes until I get up to speed on all the various hacks.

Many thanks in advance.

Ripper00420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just used system updater on an old 3DS sysnand to 9.0 from 6.3 and now it seems bricked. anyone got any clues?
Just blue light and nothing else.

Nevermind its bricked.... updated in rxmode and have no way to fix....sadness.
Wish I would have known it was in rxmode, kinda just booted directly into it.

Last edited by Ripper00420,

shibuya

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey I just performed a system update on a 5.1.0 emunand, bringing it to 10.3.0 but can't load the FBI on the H&S like before. Reinstalling it from the rxtools seems to have no effect.
Is there a way to install it back, alternatives, or should I just put the old emunand backup I have?
Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Nevermind, fixed the issue. Didn't notice that the TMD changed with the update, so I just had to use the files in newer one.

Last edited by shibuya,

StaticPain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm selling my Sky3ds, but before I do I would like to use it to install hacks on my 3 systems 2 are old 3ds on 9.2 and one is a new 3ds 9.2. What would be my best options before selling my sky3ds? Thanks!

Smile.tastekittens

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N00b to the 3DS here, with a (used) New 3DS XL, that has 10.3.0-28, and on which I've already begun using the eShop. I have a DS Lite, OoT, can get Smash or Rockfall cheap enough, have Linux PCs with Wifi, am not against buying a cheaper flash cart (Ace3DS+, or R4 3DS, for example), and am trying to digest too much information, with lots of knowledge gaps, much of which might not be valid for 10.3.0-28 anyway :wacko:. Running 3DS game ROMs is not important, right now, but I don't want to prevent myself from being able to, if my collection of carts gets too big, or a translation I really want to play gets made. I do want to be able to go ahead and run emulators. What is the best way for me to get started, being saddled with 10.3.0-28?

Smile.tastekittens

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my turn
ok so i just got a 128 gb sdxc . . . what format must it be in for use with the 3ds and is there a program you recommend (for the format) for a windows 7 user
thanks in advance
FAT32. Panasonic's SD Formatter, HP's Disk Image Tool, or FAT32Formatter, should all work. Or, you can use a cell phone or tablet that does not officially support SDXC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not free to play but $35
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Inb4 kiiwii gives it a 0/10
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    6/10 rating on steam
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I would like a Predator game "Kill Team" it takes place in the Jungle of the first movie, your team is sent to hunt the predator, using current tech drones and a trained team. Set traps use strategy to hunt and trap or kill the predator.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ill stick with my Battlefield. Yea a predator hunting game like that would be cool. Esp if you can be Arnold and say "Get to da choppa"
    +1
    Maybe Arnold could do a cameo voice acting, he is the one briefing you on the mission
    +1
    Honestly surprised they didn't make a tie in game for Predators that movie was awesome
    I was kinda sad the Yakuza guy died sword fighting a predator lol
    The Russian guy went out like a boss
    Double claymores to the face definitely kill a predator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking. Come to find out the bike uses a 6 volt battery and the guy had the charger set to 12v. I said sorry to the dude and walked away. I felt bad for him tho.
    Sounds like it would be an exciting ride....
    Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He ruined it basically. Sad cause it was a decent old bike. It would take more money to rewire the bike than it was worth tho.
    Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried
    Alternator and battery
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob alot of fried parts. It was still smoking when I left.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I would've said show me how it rides
    I always wanted one of those Smart Cars with a Hyabusa motor in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm getting sick and tired of cheap ass baking pans now
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down ramps n drive it off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Used this one 5 times already impossible to clean
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Used this one 5 times already impossible to clean