• Views 4,457,704
  • Replies 53,771
  • Likes 43

stereowax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not the end of the world if I can't use my Gateway. If I can install CIA files I'm happy, I was planning on selling my O3DS if I get a N3DS anyway, so I can sell my Gateway too.

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If i was you i would keep both.

So if you brick your 3DS a day, you will have another one. Also you can keep a clean 3DS for common usage and one for the hack (that's what i did when i bought the new 3DS)

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not the end of the world if I can't use my Gateway. If I can install CIA files I'm happy, I was planning on selling my O3DS if I get a N3DS anyway, so I can sell my Gateway too.
You actually CAN use it, it just is a tad bit more complicated than just loading a webpage in the browser. Take a look at the guide I posted.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to install emuNand and CFW without flash cart ?
Yep, take a look at the guide I posted. I THINK its meant only for the N3DS, but it shouldn't be too complicated to make it work with the O3DS as well. Though for the O3DS all you really need is an exploitable browser and GW's launcher.dat file.

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have everything i need, but i'm trying to figure for someone how he could launch emunand and NTR with a 10.1 sysnand O3DS, Ironhax, and no gateway

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have everything i need, but i'm trying to figure for someone how he could launch emunand and NTR with a 10.1 sysnand O3DS, Ironhax, and no gateway
Not gonna happen. There is no public kernel exploit available for systems with a sysnand above 9.2 and a kernel exploit is required to create an emunand or launch a CFW. IF such an exploit exists, it is being kept closely guarded by those devs at the center of the scene and unless it becomes the only way to launch homebrew we will likely never see it.

Personally I am inclined to believe that an actual exploit does not exist. There might be arm11 entry points or exploits, or maybe even an arm9 entry point, but I doubt a full arm9 exploit has been discovered beyond 9.2 and that is the basic requirement to start making emunand and cfw a possibility on those firmwares.

bbcali89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay so I can get OOThax running on 10.2.0.28u firmware. HOWEVER. it searches for homemenu ropbin . and then immediately boots to system menu. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

The reason I hacked my O3DS was to hack my N3DS. any help is appreciated thanks guys : )

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay so I can get OOThax running on 10.2.0.28u firmware. HOWEVER. it searches for homemenu ropbin . and then immediately boots to system menu. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

The reason I hacked my O3DS was to hack my N3DS. any help is appreciated thanks guys : )

Try going here and downloading a ropbin file from the "Otherapp/ropbin payloads section." Make sure to select the right system, firmware and region before downloading. You will need to rename the file to what OOThax is expecting (I do not know what that file would be named) and place it on the root of your sdcard.

edit: I'm a derp and forgot how OOThax works. Sounds to me like you either used the wrong payload bin file for your firmware, or you simply have bad luck and it won't work for you. From what I am reading , OOThax is notoriously unreliable.

Last edited by Aroth,

mc-kiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
If you have a 2ds below 9.0 do you need anything to get cfw ?
if i dont have cubic Ninja i assume i gotta use the Browser exploit but which fw do have the Browser app ? Dunno which fw the 2ds ship with

I dont have a 2ds yet but may get one soon

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you have a 2ds below 9.0 do you need anything to get cfw ?
if i dont have cubic Ninja i assume i gotta use the Browser exploit but which fw do have the Browser app ? Dunno which fw the 2ds ship with

I dont have a 2ds yet but may get one soon
Yes, you can set up CFW on your 2DS without anything else. Go to system settings and look at your firmware version. It should look like X.X.X-X, where X is a number. If the number after the dash is anything but a 0, you have the browser installed.

bbcali89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try going here and downloading a ropbin file from the "Otherapp/ropbin payloads section." Make sure to select the right system, firmware and region before downloading. You will need to rename the file to what OOThax is expecting (I do not know what that file would be named) and place it on the root of your sdcard.

edit: I'm a derp and forgot how OOThax works. Sounds to me like you either used the wrong payload bin file for your firmware, or you simply have bad luck and it won't work for you. From what I am reading , OOThax is notoriously unreliable.

Got it to work. lol : ) searching for an alternative to menu haxx now. so I dont have to run oot everytime i want to play some gba games : D

mc-kiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yes, you can set up CFW on your 2DS without anything else. Go to system settings and look at your firmware version. It should look like X.X.X-X, where X is a number. If the number after the dash is anything but a 0, you have the browser installed.

Thanks, but if a 2ds out of the box does not have the Browser installed i am screwed right ?
Unless i buy the crystal Versions which are supposed to be 8.1

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks, but if a 2ds out of the box does not have the Browser installed i am screwed right ?
Unless i buy the crystal Versions which are supposed to be 8.1
I'm not sure. I know you used to be out of luck if the browser wasn't installed, but I don't know if that's still the case. I'll see if I can find anything about CFW without the browser.

Trophies
XP
Country
Would it be possible for me to inject a Omega Ruby or Y Cia into my Sysnand/Emunand so I can play it without having the game in my 2ds?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would it be possible for me to inject a Omega Ruby or Y Cia into my Sysnand/Emunand so I can play it without having the game in my 2ds?
Yes. Download a cia (or convert a rom to a cia) of the game and use a cia installer of your choice to install it. I would recommend installing to emuNAND, since it is safer than installing to sysNAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.