• Views 4,459,491
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hello, I ususally don't post here, but I didn't want to create a new thread.
Here is my question, if anyone knows the answer, please tell me :)

Would it be possible, in the update data of the 3ds, to get the only file "updating" system version? Like just the one file that will tell the console is 9.7? while nothing gets updated for real, litterally a firmware spoof?
I had this thought after downgrading mset in my N3DS. If just a single thing get updated in all the system version, could this be usable to spoof the firmware version while keeping an unupdated 3ds?

That would seem stupid, but anyone has informations about title data, and everything related to nand content?
Obviously I won't play with this myself, since my 3ds isn't hardmodded :P

Updating CVer and NVer would make the system settings display 9.7 (or whatever you update it to), but it wouldn't be of any real practical use. Going to the eShop would still tell you to update, and I doubt a game cart update would be fooled by it (it'd be interesting to know, though).

Reactions: VinsCool

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Updating CVer and NVer would make the system settings display 9.7 (or whatever you update it to), but it wouldn't be of any real practical use. Going to the eShop would still tell you to update, and I doubt a game cart update would be fooled by it (it'd be interesting to know, though).

Ah really? Is there something that would actually fool nintendo eshop in the files?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ah really? Is there something that would actually fool nintendo eshop in the files?

Not really. From what I understand, the eShop asks NIM to check each and every system title installed on the 3DS, so there's no fooling it unless you use something like NTR CFW to simply tell the eShop there's no update available.

Reactions: VinsCool

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Not really. From what I understand, the eShop asks NIM to check each and every system title installed on the 3DS, so there's no fooling it unless you use something like NTR CFW to simply tell the eShop there's no update available.

I see :( I hope someone find a hole in this internal file system

FabrizioEV

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I personally recommend the r4i gold rts more properly known by the website on its label. R4ids.cn The Dstwo is a great card but out of production so very difficult to find anywhere.

If you don't want to play 3DS games you could save a lot of money and just by a used DSi. Kind of silly to buy a 3DS if you don't want to play any of the games made for it.

I couldn't find that model. The white one from http://www.r4isdhc.com/ is readily available from a local distributor. Would you recommend that? I already have the 3DS XL. Will I get banned for using the flashcard?

Thanks

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't find that model. The white one from http://www.r4isdhc.com/ is readily available from a local distributor. Would you recommend that? I already have the 3DS XL. Will I get banned for using the flashcard?

Thanks
You will not get banned if you do not go online.

I cannot recommend that card as the team behind that card continually drops support for older versions and forces you to buy a new card every year or two. But if that is all you can get it will have to do.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
You will not get banned if you do not go online.

I cannot recommend that card as the team behind that card continually drops support for older versions and forces you to buy a new card every year or two. But if that is all you can get it will have to do.

More like every system update or so. Thanksfully, since 8.0 fw, it seems ds flashcard aren't blocked anymore.

mancasoko

Trophies
XP
Country
If I understand you correctly all three games worked just fine previously. You have not made any changes to the system such as upgrading the launcher.dat or upgrading emunand or installing game updates. Then all of a sudden all three games start start going "Cosmo" on you. are those statements correct?

Yes that is the case. Today again when I start system the first time all of games worked but after some time when I turn off 3ds and then on after some time this happen again.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[user]mancasoko[/user], don't mean to insult your intelligence but you are running the exploit again after turning it back on? If so, this is a problem I have not heard of before and it sort of sounds like an overheating issue.

Hopefully someone else has some suggestions for you.

A couple of things you can try are to to backup both sd cards and reformat them then copy all the files back in one operation to make sure there is not fragmentation. Use emunand tool to backup and restore emunand.
Also, try new copies of your roms.

Good luck.

ReenaLee

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Im getting a New3ds today and i have 2 questions

Can Sky3ds support Exfat and can i use retail cards on the same system im using my Sky3ds on?

Thanks for the help

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im getting a New3ds today and i have 2 questions

Can Sky3ds support Exfat and can i use retail cards on the same system im using my Sky3ds on?

Thanks for the help
I don't think the format matters because diskwriter does its own thing, but I am not positive on that as I have not set up my sky yet. Yes you can use retail carts as well, no problems there.

Just keep in mind that many find it better to use multiple smaller mSD cards with a sky so they don't have to cycle through 40-60 games on one big card. If you have retail carts you can just get a case for them and a plastic holder for mSD cards.

ReenaLee

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't think the format matters because diskwriter does its own thing, but I am not positive on that as I have not set up my sky yet. Yes you can use retail carts as well, no problems there.

Just keep in mind that many find it better to use multiple smaller mSD cards with a sky so they don't have to cycle through 40-60 games on one big card. If you have retail carts you can just get a case for them and a plastic holder for mSD cards.

Thank you
My Sky3ds will not come in the mail until Saturday so its good to know you can use Retail games without any problems.

I will keep that in mind thanks for the tip!

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my gateway came today!! (i'm not kidding) two days it took now i have got question. what is a good guide to follow so i don't mess up? i'm kinda shocked and nerve wrecked at this pwness...

also is it true the gateway can be region free to play games from Europe and Japan?

Killer Phantom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was using FunkyCIA2 and got these files from my ticket.db, what could they be? They are in DLC folders and I don't remember downloading anything else other than Smash DLC. And I doubt other DLCs could be this big.

0004008c00020800.cia 248 MB (260,872,832 bytes)
0004008c00008200.cia 615 MB (645,385,088 bytes)

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my gateway came today!! (i'm not kidding) two days it took now i have got question. what is a good guide to follow so i don't mess up? i'm kinda shocked and nerve wrecked at this pwness...

also is it true the gateway can be region free to play games from Europe and Japan?
The official gateway guide on the GW downloads page is decent, and max console has (both written by by SonyUSA). Read through them and see if anything doesn't make sense to you. Then ask some questions.

Yes GW is region free but NTR is as well.

Shad0wninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What are your current sysnand and emunand versions and o3ds or new? I assume old.

I will write you a custom tutorial.

1. Copy the new launcher.dat to mSD card replacing old one.
2. Profit. :)

Launches the same on old 3ds.

Yes you can.
Hey, I ended up doing what you said (but instead putting launcher.dat into my SD Card, not mSD because that's where launcher.dat goes I believe) and I loaded up my 3DS and the Gateway menu. I got a screen that asked me to update so I clicked start and it asked me to press A to exit after it was finished. I did so and now I have a black screen? What's up with that? I tried it again by powering off my 3DS and turning it back on and doing the same thing but black screen again.

EDIT: It's working now. Had to do it a third time and got the black screen, but when I turned it back on it was at 3.2.1. Third time's a charm!

BernddasTost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That can get expensive with shipping. Another option is use eBay and just straight up ask the seller.
Yup, eBay is an opinion but I want a brand new console. How could the seller know which firmware is installed without opening it up, I don't believe a seller would look it up for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum