• Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

The Minecrafter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an idea/question.
Would it be possible to create a .dat loader that could load multiple .dat launchers from the DS profile exploit? For example, you go to the DS profile exploit, a menu comes up with Gateway Launcher.dat, Homebrew Launcher.dat, MsetforBoss.dat, RxTools.dat, NTRCFW.dat,...
Basically, have a launcher that could load the other launchers without having to change the profile exploit each time.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know how I could import my Smash Bros 6.x encrypted retail save into my Gateway 3DS Card (SysNAND 4.x)?
Not possible on an o3ds at this time. If you can get your cart on a 9.x n3Ds with NTR CFW 2 it can be decrypted and then use SDF to inject it.

Here is some discussion.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/can-i-transfer-savedata-from-genuine-cart-to-3ds-rom.385592/

Yes it worked. Sorry for the double posts.

So will I need a gateway card to play backups? Can I just use cubic ninja and my Micro SD card and dump my current games onto my current micro SD card?
Yes you need a GW to play backups. Sure you can use CN and the GW launcher to dump your current games but you cannot play them without the GW card. (GW is a for profit business). You can use the buggy Palantine CFW to install old cia games on a 4.x o3ds, but nothing recent.

joex11

Trophies
XP
Country
San Marino
could anyone tell me which ds flash cards are still working on 9.6?
just got an old 3ds and i want to play some old games

joex11

Trophies
XP
Country
San Marino
The dstwo and r4ids.cn card do. The r4 sdhc supposedly does but p many people seem to have problems with it.

thanks, last question, is it possible to convert .cia to .3ds? I bought sky3ds and I wish to enjoy undub persona q and smt4 that some good people undubed, but they are .cia

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I bought sky3ds and I wish to enjoy undub persona q and smt4 that some good people undubed, but they are .cia

Sky3DS can't run modified ROMs like that. It can only run clean games (i.e. ripped from a cartridge and not tampered with, aside from public/private header stuff).

Reactions: thorasgar

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks, last question, is it possible to convert .cia to .3ds? I bought sky3ds and I wish to enjoy undub persona q and smt4 that some good people undubed, but they are .cia
I believe so, but I have never done it. There are some threads kicking around here on the subject.

The bad news: you are going to need a Gateway.

EDIT: oh, and what daxtsu said as well.

joex11

Trophies
XP
Country
San Marino
I believe so, but I have never done it. There are some threads kicking around here on the subject.

The bad news: you are going to need a Gateway.

the even worse news: my firmware is 9.6 :(
guess i'll stick with the normal versions. hoping that gateway reaches 9.6 or sky3ds allows it

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the even worse news: my firmware is 9.6 :(
guess i'll stick with the normal versions. hoping that gateway reaches 9.6 or sky3ds allows it
It is not going to happen with sky, you can't update it. 9.6 n3DS could be a very long wait likely sooner on o3ds.

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need to buy an Old3DSXL with FW 9.2... any way of checking UPC or know if FW is 9.2 or below?

-NOT- New3DSXL

-NEED- Old3DSXL (the one without a c-stick)

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need to buy an Old3DSXL with FW 9.2... any way of checking UPC or know if FW is 9.2 or below?

-NOT- New3DSXL

-NEED- Old3DSXL (the one without a c-stick)
I don't think there was a thread about 9.2 for old 3ds just ones for 4.x and n3ds. Recently it has been stated by many members that all o3ds come with 9.2 or below, but that could have changed. You are in the U.S. So your best bet is to find a retailer that will let you "verify" the system works properly before you leave the store. Otherwise Walmart and best buy have 15 day return policies so there is not a risk of getting stuck with a 9.4 system. As long as you don't gunk up the system and have your receipt they can't really refuse to accept the return. I wouldn't try this a GameStop, they will know what you are up to.

[user]iPolarisl[/user]
That is advanced stuff, the noob thread is not really a good place for that info. You can look it up on 3dsbrew.org and then start asking questions on related threads. The guys that know this stuff don't visit here often.

The xorpad is some kind of encryption key or signature.

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think there was a thread about 9.2 for old 3ds just ones for 4.x and n3ds. Recently it has been stated by many members that all o3ds come with 9.2 or below, but that could have changed. You are in the U.S. So your best bet is to find a retailer that will let you "verify" the system works properly before you leave the store. Otherwise Walmart and best buy have 15 day return policies so there is not a risk of getting stuck with a 9.4 system. As long as you don't gunk up the system and have your receipt they can't really refuse to accept the return. I wouldn't try this a GameStop, they will know what you are up to.

[user]iPolarisl[/user]
That is advanced stuff, the noob thread is not really a good place for that info. You can look it up on 3dsbrew.org and then start asking questions on related threads. The guys that know this stuff don't visit here often.

The xorpad is some kind of encryption key or signature.

I found a large skew # 020396 with UPCs sarting with 0454 and on the old threads someone reported it was a 4.5 FW. So... that's even better than a 9.2.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/where-to-get-a-firmware-4-5-or-below-3ds-xl.352360/page-35#post-4859792

Right?

Necrojinsei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, here is a question regarding system transfers.

So I would like to transfer my emuNAND from my Old 3ds to my New 3DS. Now this is not a very easy task and I understand that there are likely great limitations at the moment (not having both emunNANDs the same highest firmware and what not), but would it be possible to transfer the two at the moment? With the spoofing of the eshop and system transfer I have some kind of hope with doing this, yet understand that there are likely limitations. The only real piece of data I would like is the street pass data, and this has yet to be properly convertible between consoles unless of course anyone has a better means.

So is there at the moment a way to do this?

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
I have an idea/question.
Would it be possible to create a .dat loader that could load multiple .dat launchers from the DS profile exploit? For example, you go to the DS profile exploit, a menu comes up with Gateway Launcher.dat, Homebrew Launcher.dat, MsetforBoss.dat, RxTools.dat, NTRCFW.dat,...
Basically, have a launcher that could load the other launchers without having to change the profile exploit each time.
Then this might interest you https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-rxtools-roxas75-3ds-toolkit-fw-2-0-9-2.382782/#post-5369226
if you know how to deal with javascript, then you might be able to modify it to run whatever launcher you want
I've tested it by simply changing a variable in the javascript and able to run different launcher

lPolarisl

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Okay, thanks Thorasgar :)

I just thought of something, if I made a nand backup, then do a system transfer, then restauring the nand backup, I would have "cloned" my 3DS, right ? With this, we could make ambassador 3DSs...

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a large skew # 020396 with UPCs sarting with 0454 and on the old threads someone reported it was a 4.5 FW. So... that's even better than a 9.2.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/where-to-get-a-firmware-4-5-or-below-3ds-xl.352360/page-35#post-4859792

Right?
A 4.5 o3ds is not really any better than any other one anymore with the gateway downgrade feature. So don't pay a premium for one.

Hi,

i have 3DSXL, FW 9.5.0-22E
Can i install EmuNand? How?

i ordered QQ3DS wich may arrive in 3-6 weeks. Can i install EmuNand with that?
QQ is a sky clone. You can create emunand but you will not be able to boot into gateway mode without a GW and you can't anyway because you are over 9.2. Sorry.

Okay, thanks Thorasgar :)

I just thought of something, if I made a nand backup, then do a system transfer, then restauring the nand backup, I would have "cloned" my 3DS, right ? With this, we could make ambassador 3DSs...
My understanding is the transfer removes the software so nothing will remain on whatever nand you transfer. Sure you can restore the emunand, but the nnid will not be valid on the system anymore.

Hello all, here is a question regarding system transfers.

So I would like to transfer my emuNAND from my Old 3ds to my New 3DS. Now this is not a very easy task and I understand that there are likely great limitations at the moment (not having both emunNANDs the same highest firmware and what not), but would it be possible to transfer the two at the moment? With the spoofing of the eshop and system transfer I have some kind of hope with doing this, yet understand that there are likely limitations. The only real piece of data I would like is the street pass data, and this has yet to be properly convertible between consoles unless of course anyone has a better means.

So is there at the moment a way to do this?

I saw something about street pass recently. I have no clue myself as I don't use street pass. I would plan on reading all the current threads about emunand and transfers and updating and maybe you find something close. Even if there is not a way at the moment lots of new things are exploding on the scene so keep an eye out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Dude just shat himself.