• Likes 43

thevitalpoint

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

I'm wondering if I just bricked my original 3DS. I was using rxTools, and I selected one of the options inside the injection options menu. It gave me an error, and I turned my 3DS off. Now if I try to turn it back on, the blue light turns on, and nothing else happens (no backlight, wifi light, or sound). Did I brick it, or could it be something else?

Avalynn

I'm here to learn and help.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I'm wondering if I just bricked my original 3DS. I was using rxTools, and I selected one of the options inside the injection options menu. It gave me an error, and I turned my 3DS off. Now if I try to turn it back on, the blue light turns on, and nothing else happens (no backlight, wifi light, or sound). Did I brick it, or could it be something else?
That sounds like a brick and I've heard of other people messing up their sysNAND using rxtools. They were able to restore a backup via the eMMC hardmod.

Reactions: thevitalpoint

AlanBennyRckr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
uh, Since i can't find anything about this, might aswell be good to ask here.

is it possible to downgrade my 2ds from 9.6.0-24 to 9.2?, if so, where or how could i do it?.

gina4x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is Sky3DS good enough, or is Gateway way better? I cant play emulator games with sky3ds i guess, right ? And will i have to buy a new sky3ds soon, if i buy a sky3ds now? Or can i update it to keep playing?

Edit: damn i just read that sky isnt expected to run on 9.6. So what do you recommend for me to do to play games like super smash bros 4 online with a flashcard? On new 3ds XL, firmware 9.0

Edit2: i just read on www. sky3ds .com that they support 9.6. Is this a lie or only for o3ds?

Niwa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question about Gateway 3DS Flash Cart:
1. Is it possible to use cheats? (Ex: Unlocking all commanders/maps from Advance Wars Dual Strike)
2. Can the Gateway play DS games and the new Smash?
3. Is it ideally to get the Gateway instead of MT?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is Sky3DS good enough, or is Gateway way better? I cant play emulator games with sky3ds i guess, right ? And will i have to buy a new sky3ds soon, if i buy a sky3ds now? Or can i update it to keep playing?

Edit: damn i just read that sky isnt expected to run on 9.6. So what do you recommend for me to do to play games like super smash bros 4 online with a flashcard? On new 3ds XL, firmware 9.0

Edit2: i just read on www. sky3ds .com that they support 9.6. Is this a lie or only for o3ds?
You didn't provide a source so I hesitate to call it a lie. Sky works on 9.6 AND 9.7.

If you have 9.0 and are computer literate get a gateway. I have a sky as well but it's intended purpose is to hold versions of exploits and as a plug and play device for my kids friends to do multiplayer.

In my opinion sky is not "good enough"
Question about Gateway 3DS Flash Cart:
1. Is it possible to use cheats? (Ex: Unlocking all commanders/maps from Advance Wars Dual Strike)
2. Can the Gateway play DS games and the new Smash?
3. Is it ideally to get the Gateway instead of MT?
1. I don not believe there is a cheat engine but it is possible to decrypt saves and hex edit and there is also a debugger available.
2. Gw cannot play DS games you need a DS mode flash cart such as the blue one gateway provides. Gw can play smash.
3. MT has not been updated in a long time and cannot play the new games or run on new FW or N3DS.

F3l1xbxb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does the browser exploit released by gateway 3.0 work on new 3ds or just the cubic ninja and the ocarina of time?
Every time that I turn on the new 3ds do I have to use the ocarina cart to run the exploit again?

Tks

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Does the browser exploit released by gateway 3.0 work on new 3ds or just the cubic ninja and the ocarina of time?

No, the New 3DS uses a different browser than the original 3DS, so it can't use the same exploits as the O3DS browser, so only Cubic Ninja and OoT are usable right now. That's not to say in the future one couldn't be found for it though.

Every time that I turn on the new 3ds do I have to use the ocarina cart to run the exploit again?

Yes, or you could just keep your system in sleep mode most of the time, so you don't have to run it as often (just close whatever game you're playing if it's on the red GW card, and then take the card out, to improve battery life).

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Tks
Browser exploit does not work on N3DS and most find it better because wifi or a phone is not needed. Yes you need to slot CN or ZOOT every time you want to boot the GW menu. At least at this time. There was some work the other night on getting a universal cia of oot installed on sysnand and it seemed to work at first but last I read it was not stable. I do not really find it an issue because I needed a travel case for the power cord and my r4 anyway.

Airborne101st45

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I've kept my 3ds firmware at 4.4.0-10U so i could use my r4i Gold Deluxe flashcart but for some reason it can't run the rom for Majora's Mask, so I bought the actual game. The problem is that apparently I need to update my 3ds to version 7.1.0-10U so my 3ds will let me open the game (the actual game cartridge, not the rom) but I don't want to update because my flashcart will stop working, is there a way to spoof my firmware version so that I can run the game without actually updating? Thanks!

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I've kept my 3ds firmware at 4.4.0-10U so i could use my r4i Gold Deluxe flashcart but for some reason it can't run the rom for Majora's Mask, so I bought the actual game. The problem is that apparently I need to update my 3ds to version 7.1.0-10U so my 3ds will let me open the game (the actual game cartridge, not the rom) but I don't want to update because my flashcart will stop working, is there a way to spoof my firmware version so that I can run the game without actually updating? Thanks!

You need to use rxtools to make an emunand and update the emunand.

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, or you could just keep your system in sleep mode most of the time, so you don't have to run it as often (just close whatever game you're playing if it's on the red GW card, and then take the card out, to improve battery life).

Does taking the red GW card out improve battery life even if you are only playing CIAs?

Kenneth196

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question: Can you access Miiverse even if you're not on the latest firmware (since emunand 9.7 does not work)? I'll be receiving a 9.0 N3DS XL soon as was wondering if I can create my mii and play the miiverse games on emunand.

cjm5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a 9.0.0 european new 3ds. I want to play all my NTSC game cartridges and access the eShop (Ireland's eShop really, I've given up trying to system transfer my NTSC system to it so i'll just sell my ntsc 3ds+account and rebuy the VC games on pal). Can I do that with a PAL copy of OoT, or do I need Cubic Ninja? I've struggled to find a PAL copy of CN even online but OoT is like $15 on Amazon france (where i got my 3ds). I'd just convert to PAL and digital games but I have like 15 3ds game carts (including ntsc cubic ninja and oot) already and live in the US...

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply! Do you know of a good tutorial for it? I'm slightly confused on how to search for one, lol, not quite sure what to google. Thanks :D
The retools thread is all I am aware of.

Does taking the red GW card out improve battery life even if you are only playing CIAs?
Yes. The GW does not power down from what I understand. Something to do with it does not fall under the motherboards power management scheme.

Quick question: Can you access Miiverse even if you're not on the latest firmware (since emunand 9.7 does not work)? I'll be receiving a 9.0 N3DS XL soon as was wondering if I can create my mii and play the miiverse games on emunand.
Never used mii verse so I have no clue. Sorry.

I have a 9.0.0 european new 3ds. I want to play all my NTSC game cartridges and access the eShop (Ireland's eShop really, I've given up trying to system transfer my NTSC system to it so i'll just sell my ntsc 3ds+account and rebuy the VC games on pal). Can I do that with a PAL copy of OoT, or do I need Cubic Ninja? I've struggled to find a PAL copy of CN even online but OoT is like $15 on Amazon france (where i got my 3ds). I'd just convert to PAL and digital games but I have like 15 3ds game carts (including ntsc cubic ninja and oot) already and live in the US...
There are major breakthroughs occurring as I type on the system transfer front over in another thread so don't give up yet. :)

You can certainly run carts region free. Eshop access is looking promising but is not a packaged solution yet. Oot is fine for launching GW mode but CN is needed for most other exploits so keep and eye out for one, prices are falling. I linked a member to Amazon Spain a couple of days ago and they had one but I think it was 50 euros.

KaleoOmega

I just don't know what to do with myself...
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Really noob question here.

I have a spare 2DS in the last system version capable of using the Spider exploit (9.5.0-22U, if I remember correctly). Is there any flashcard which I could use? If more than one is available, which one is more recommended?

Thanks in advance for any ellucidating answers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Minox @ Minox:
    No idea what any of those things you mention are
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cholesterol and Triglycerides? Basically a way they measure fatty cells in your blood
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Cholesterol is sorta high, according to my doc
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits... +1