• Views 4,465,611
  • Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

naughty_cat

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Hello. I wanted to ask about going online with monster hunter 4. I imported a header from an original cart, super smash brothers... It's my own. I wanted to make sure that I got all the right info for the header, I don't wanna make mistakes because I'm afraid that even something like the wrong card manufacturer might get me banned??? who knows? Anyway I read somewhere on max console that someone said you have to change the manufacturer to sandisk... I did that, but I was wondering if this only applies to the U.S version or not? because mine is euro version, on euro 3DS consoe, and the super smash bros. header is euro as well, and I read on wikipedia that capcom publishes mh4 in the U.S, while nintendo is the publisher in Europe... so which card manufacturer should I input??? I still haven't gone online with the game yet...

jajhohner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I'm currently on Emunand 9.3. I just realized I didn't set up my friends list for MiiVerse and would like to do so. As I understand, Emunand 9.5 is working at the moment with gateway. Is there any reason why I shouldn't update to 9.5? I play Monster Hunter 4 online with my own private header.

hello_world

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know this was not possible a while back.
I have not followed the situation closely:
Is there now a way to transfer a save file for a .3ds dump to a .3dz where I added my own private header?

Stickert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,
I'm trying to go online with MH4U with my private header I got from pokemon Y. I thought I did things right, but I get error code 002-0123. Which says ''You cannot use online services with this Game Card.''
What I did: I dumped Pokemon Y. Imported the header from Pokemon Y with Gateway Rom Patcher. Then I injected it in the MH4U rom. It asked me something like ''do you want me to change the format of the header for this rom?'' and I pressed yes. Then I changed the extention to .3dz. And then I splitted the rom with Gateway rom split tool.

What could have gone wrong in the process that led to this error? Or is my pokemon Y header not compatible with MH4U?

Thanks for the help in advance!

NVM: Got it working by changing my microSD to exfat so the rom didn't have to be splitted.

xerosagas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently on Emunand 9.3. I just realized I didn't set up my friends list for MiiVerse and would like to do so. As I understand, Emunand 9.5 is working at the moment with gateway. Is there any reason why I shouldn't update to 9.5? I play Monster Hunter 4 online with my own private header.

Emunand 9.5 works perfectly fine on Gateway.

Can i make a system transfer from emunand 9.5 to a sysnand 9.5 with having inssues?

I have done the opposite, sysnand to emunand and everything went fine. The only issue I ran into is that the update disconnected when I got to 5/5 eShop transfer but by turning off wifi and canceling the transfer (after debating for several minutes thanks to the scary message) I got to the homescreen and my NNID and eShop games were all intact.

Xirix

Trophies
XP
Country
So has there been any information on why people are getting banned? I use one of the public headers for the Pokemon games with my Gateway, I haven't been online since I saw the news post though. I assume there might eventually be some kind of 'stealth' homebrew once more is known about the bannings?

TheITMan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble installing larger CIAs on my 4.5 CFW, and I get this error message from DevMenu. It only happens when I try to install CIAs over 1 GB, and I haven't been able to find this error message on any other forums.
(The CIA that I was trying to specifically install in the picture was 3 GB, on a 64 GB SD card)

peat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
GBA Ambasaddor Games. Do they work with EmuNand/Gateway/Any Other Method?

I would also like to know this. Specifically, if I install them as a CIA using Gateway and BigBlueMenu, will they work? I know they don't work with the normal gateway method.

Dotmore

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Im considering buying a 3DS XL but i had several questions.

- For the moment i plan on not using a Sky3DS or Gateway, but when I do decide to get 1, which one should i take? I heard Sky is simpler to use? What features does gateway have over Sky?
- Would i need to consider not updating firmware?
- Are there cheap flashcards that can run DS games on the 3ds?
- Would i need to have a specific Firmware for a regular DS Flashcard?

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Im considering buying a 3DS XL but i had several questions.

- For the moment i plan on not using a Sky3DS or Gateway, but when I do decide to get 1, which one should i take? I heard Sky is simpler to use? What features does gateway have over Sky?
- Would i need to consider not updating firmware?
- Are there cheap flashcards that can run DS games on the 3ds?
- Would i need to have a specific Firmware for a regular DS Flashcard?

Choice is up to you. Sky and Gateway are inherently different. The basic pros and cons to Sky and Gateway.

Sky3DS
-Works on any firmware to date (You would not have to consider not updating)
-Works on 3DS and N3DS (to my knowledge)
-Thus far, has supported new firmwares without needing updated
-Does NOT support any "unsigned" files (ability to install illegitimate custom themes, DLC, install games to the internal SD)
-31 game limit
-No menu to switch games--you must press the physical hardware button and load through one game at a time to get to your desired game.
-NOT region free

Gateway
-Can Downgrade to 4.X firmwares (this would be beneficial for you if you wanted to use older NDS flash carts)
-Works on 3DS and 3DSXL
-Has emuNAND function, which allows you to update a "second NAND" to the latest firmware
a. This allows for you to always be on the latest firmware, so you aren't permanently stuck on an older one
b. This means you can retain your Gateway exploited firmware indefinitely
c. This would better support NDS flash cart usage.
-Allows for region-free
-Allows for "homebrew" and other unsigned code to work.
a. This allows for installing illegitimate games to your internal SD card that can run on emuNAND.
b. This also allows for DLC and custom menu themes
-Nice GUI menu to switch games, no need to press a button 30 something times
-Capacity limit is the capacity of the SD card.
-Works on any firmware up to 9.2
-Does NOT support past 9.2 firmware
-Does NOT support N3DS (yet)
-For each firmware update, Gateway has had to push out new launchers and code.

As for your other questions.

-Yes, there are certain cheap NDS flash carts that will play on older firmwares. Gateway actually comes with one.
-Yes, you would need a particular firmware for certain DS flashcarts. Gateway allows for downgrading, and is more likely to help you support that
-You would only have to consider not updating your firmware if you go Gateway. Sky3DS is supported up until 9.5

Reactions: cvskid

Dotmore

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
- With DLC you mean games that have DLC, i can't have it?
- With the 31 game limit you mean that 31 games can be on the SD at a time? Because of so, thats hardly an issue.
- If i have the newest firmware (that comes out of the box) i can't get a flashcard for 2D games?

Dotmore

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Another question, say if i DO decide to buy a Gateway along with the 3DS XL, i found a store that sells it physically, but the gateway they advertise there ''supports only 1 rom per SD card'' and ''has a region lock''

http://www.ombouwwereld.nl/spelcomp...n-volledig/gateway-3ds-kaart-r4-2d-kaart.html

Is this an old Gateway?

Also, if i buy a Gateway (or Sky) +3DS XL What else do I need to start playing? An SD card and SD loader or something?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof