• Replies 53,768
  • Likes 43

calvin-scones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if i order today from mod chip direct how soon would i get my card?

are they the fastest reseller?

also, if i start playing a game on a sky card is there any way to then use the save file on gateway?

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
- With DLC you mean games that have DLC, i can't have it?
- With the 31 game limit you mean that 31 games can be on the SD at a time? Because of so, thats hardly an issue.
- If i have the newest firmware (that comes out of the box) i can't get a flashcard for 2D games?

-You could still have DLC, but you would have to buy it
- If you have any firmware past 9.2, there is no way to downgrade. Unless any new DS flash carts have come out that support all the way to 9.5 (unlikely)
- Yes, you could have 31 games at a time and no more. I'm not sure how saves are handled. Whether you would lose them or not. I do not own a Sky3DS

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi, quick question:
What is a recommended flash cart to play only DS games on 2DS (oob firmware) ?

According to this chart, R4i Gold and SuperCard DSTwo are the only options. DSTwo seems expensive so R4i Gold is a good option?
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Flashcart_Comparison_Chart

Thanks

Personal preference. DSTwo I believe may allow for GBA emulation since it has built in processor/RAM or something to that effect?

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Another question, say if i DO decide to buy a Gateway along with the 3DS XL, i found a store that sells it physically, but the gateway they advertise there ''supports only 1 rom per SD card'' and ''has a region lock''

http://www.ombouwwereld.nl/spelcomp...n-volledig/gateway-3ds-kaart-r4-2d-kaart.html

Is this an old Gateway?

Also, if i buy a Gateway (or Sky) +3DS XL What else do I need to start playing? An SD card and SD loader or something?

That is likely just an old advertisement for Gateway. All Gateways can be flashed to a newer revision (via FPGA updates) by just putting it into your 3DS and pressing A. Gateway will prompt you. This will allow you to do multi-ROM. Region lock is no longer an issue, either.

No such thing as an "old gateway" or "new gateway" in terms of capability. They all can do the same thing.

Sky3DS is kind of iffy in that sense that "red button" Sky3DS had a 10 game limit which can be broken, but is iffy and shoddy.

For Gateway, you will need an SD card for your 3DS because Gateway makes a 1GB partition for "emuNAND". For larger games such as SSB, I believe you need one with at least 4 GB capacity to run the game, or it black screens. I recommend at least an 8, possibly a 16 GB if you intend to install games to the system.

You will need an SD card loader to put games on your SD card, yes.

vault412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has probably been asked a million times so I do apologize, I just have a couple questions so I'll try here before I make a separate thread.

- I just purchased a NN3DSXL & was wondering what flashcards could I purchase for it, I believe I'm on the latest firmware?
- I'm in the States, what is reputable seller in NA that sells flashcards for the NN3DSXL? Really don't want to wait weeks for it to arrive.

I have no knowledge of flashcards, how they work or the price. I just know that you can download 3DS games to your PC, place them onto your SDcard, put the SDcard into the flashcards and then put it the 3DS. Thanks for your help :)

Xirix

Trophies
XP
Country
For some reason I'm able to go online with my Gateway, though it's only on emunand 9.4.0-21, it didn't bug me about updating or anything, should I assume it's unsafe to do this and update my gateway to get 9.5?

Dotmore

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Last question, i can buy a 3DS XL from someone who bought his on October 16 2014, any chance that that one has firmware of below 9.2?

Dotmore

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I asked the guy about the firmware and he said its Software version 9.5, while he bought it in october? Acording to wiki, all consoles prio to 30 September should be 9.2?

elmoemo

Trophies
XP
Country
I just bought a 3ds xl (4.5 fw). So gateway compatible. Its only got digital games ATM so no way to upgrade. What the beat solution to use gateway, will I keep my fw and use gateway to update emunand? Or is there many games that won't work on 4.5?

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a 3ds xl (4.5 fw). So gateway compatible. Its only got digital games ATM so no way to upgrade. What the beat solution to use gateway, will I keep my fw and use gateway to update emunand? Or is there many games that won't work on 4.5?

Gateway works up to 9.2 now. So as long as the game doesn't go past that (none that I know of) you should be okay.

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
For some reason I'm able to go online with my Gateway, though it's only on emunand 9.4.0-21, it didn't bug me about updating or anything, should I assume it's unsafe to do this and update my gateway to get 9.5?

You can go online. It's just a matter of eShop access. eShop requires latest FW.

Codify

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If I'm on 4.5, how can I update my 3DS to 9.2 (rather than 9.3+)? I can't do an over the air update because it would give me the latest firmware

TUWieZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm on 4.5, how can I update my 3DS to 9.2 (rather than 9.3+)? I can't do an over the air update because it would give me the latest firmware

I'm where you're at right now, 4.2 with 9.5 emunand. I wanna figure out how I'll be able to access my saves again as its not possible in emunand. in my situation I needed emunand to access the eshop, didnt try any cfw stuff yet.

afaik after I popped in my majoras mask 3d cart on 4.2, it said I needed to update to play, prompting me to update to 7.1.0-9 U (on 4.2, not sure about how cart games work in emunand but it froze on loading screens for MM3D)
Haven't tried it yet, kinda afraid its just gonna push my NAND past 7.1 and straight to 9.5

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
questions again. i want to get a 2DS but i want a sky 3ds with it. i want to get online with it. but with these ban waves is it worth it? i heard making your own header has a better chance for not getting bans is that true? what are CIA files and can i put them on SKY 3ds?

TUWieZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm where you're at right now, 4.2 with 9.5 emunand. I wanna figure out how I'll be able to access my saves again as its not possible in emunand. in my situation I needed emunand to access the eshop, didnt try any cfw stuff yet.

afaik after I popped in my majoras mask 3d cart on 4.2, it said I needed to update to play, prompting me to update to 7.1.0-9 U (on 4.2, not sure about how cart games work in emunand but it froze on loading screens for MM3D)
Haven't tried it yet, kinda afraid its just gonna push my NAND past 7.1 and straight to 9.5

forgot >4.5 can only ds profile exploit (to boot emunand) :P this did safely update me to 7.1 nand btw, I just have to downgrade again to access emunand again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back