• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

Avalynn

I'm here to learn and help.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is save data corruption if you don't use the home button and exit the game manually still a thing? Because I just lost a 30 hour save in Persona Q thanks to the game F***ing me in the ass.

Last time I think I turned the console off without going to the home menu first, exiting and then turning the console off. When I started the game now, I got a "Game cartridge has been removed, press A to restart", and once it restarted the console the game deemed the save "corrupted" and automatically removed it!

I don't have any backups either, this is the first time I've encountered this. I'm so mad right now I could strangle puppies!

What cartridge are you using? Gateway? if so what version are you on?? Wasn't that something from like waaay back when they first came out. But no I've shut my system off while running a game, even pulled the battery a couple times and the save is still there on the SD card.

Askedforthis

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
What cartridge are you using? Gateway? if so what version are you on?? Wasn't that something from like waaay back when they first came out. But no I've shut my system off while running a game, even pulled the battery a couple times and the save is still there on the SD card.

Gateway, latest GW firmware, 9.5 EmuNAND, 4.5 SysNAND.

It did in fact hang last time which is why I couldn't turn it off the normal way. I assume that might have something to do with it. Needless to say the save is permanently gone, I've tried looking for it and it's been replaced by a newly created save. I just want to know if this has happened often before as I can't find many references to that happening.

I'll make sure to make 50 backups each week the next time I play something, but I'm not going through 30 hours of PQ again. That's for sure.

bunny5390

Newcomer
Trophies
the Land of the Rising Greenhouse-gas-emissions
XP
Country
Canada
Gateway, latest GW firmware, 9.5 EmuNAND, 4.5 SysNAND.

It did in fact hang last time which is why I couldn't turn it off the normal way. I assume that might have something to do with it. Needless to say the save is permanently gone, I've tried looking for it and it's been replaced by a newly created save. I just want to know if this has happened often before as I can't find many references to that happening.

I'll make sure to make 50 backups each week the next time I play something, but I'm not going through 30 hours of PQ again. That's for sure.

Acording to Gateway's official manual (page 13), you do need to go to the home menu and click "close software", if you want the save to write to the SD properly. I've gotten mixed results from just pressing the power button, as I've had it not save on me at least once like that, but the save was still working afterwards (my guess is that it's the same thing, so long as you give it it enough time to write before shutting it all the way down).

Gelbird

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Private headers? Ok so I have gotten Mario kart 7 to work for my private header online I then tried using the same header for 3other games and none of them would boot up(all would come to a error screen). Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

xerosagas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a US OG 3DS on sysnand 9.5. I plan on getting a Gateway to run on my Japanese N3DS whenever (if ever) the exploit is released.
My question is, can I do a system transfer from my US sysnand to the Gateway emunand to keep my data and NNID?

smoke14me61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes but you must wait for gw to release 9.2 support first.

Yes you can transfer as long as they are the same FW and same region. Legit games will transfer, fakesigned cia's won't.

Thanks for the quick reply. I had read many conflicting forums but the were for older firmwares, the big one being said that because of the restart the system transfer would not work. Been on this site for awhile now and have always got great help and advice.

Reactions: 2Hack

polki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if this kind of question isn't allowed(delete if need be) but where can I sell my Sky3DS(Blue button edition) in Australia? I obviously can't sell it on eBay.

biloon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I am considering purchasing sky3ds blue button. However, I want to ask concerning playing online games and bans.
Is it safe if I only use sky3ds for offline gameplay and use real card for online gameplay?
For example, I want to play MH4 with friends and play pokemon alone, so I might purchase an MH4 and play pokemon with sky3ds.

Tony8690

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if this kind of question isn't allowed(delete if need be) but where can I sell my Sky3DS(Blue button edition) in Australia? I obviously can't sell it on eBay.

There's a special section on these forums where you can post items you wanted to sell/Buy.

you will need over 100 Posts though.. so come by regularly contribute to the forums and once you have 100 Posts you could try there?

Hi, I am considering purchasing sky3ds blue button. However, I want to ask concerning playing online games and bans.
Is it safe if I only use sky3ds for offline gameplay and use real card for online gameplay?
For example, I want to play MH4 with friends and play pokemon alone, so I might purchase an MH4 and play pokemon with sky3ds.

Thres no Solid Proof that states that there is a risk... but saying that theres no proof that says their isn't a risk either...

when you buy flashcards you accept the potential risk in using them, I myself have been using my sky3ds for a week now and I am still playing online and have had no issues what so ever.

its down to you if you want to take the plunge!

Thanks,
T

Reactions: polki

biloon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a special section on these forums where you can post items you wanted to sell/Buy.

you will need over 100 Posts though.. so come by regularly contribute to the forums and once you have 100 Posts you could try there?

Thres no Solid Proof that states that there is a risk... but saying that theres no proof that says their isn't a risk either...

when you buy flashcards you accept the potential risk in using them, I myself have been using my sky3ds for a week now and I am still playing online and have had no issues what so ever.

its down to you if you want to take the plunge!

Thanks,
T

Thanks for the reply.
I certainly know that there's no solid proof on detectability. However, I want to know if sky3ds make any perma-changes or recordable changes to the 3ds system, because if it does then it is possible that N would detect this even without sky3ds card plugged. However, if it doesn't, then it is possible that N will detect it only if I comes online WITH sky3ds. So if I only use real card for online, then it will make it much much harder to detect sky3ds (unless every offline 3ds game require online authentication).

NeoPhythe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know if im in the right place to ask here. but:

I;ve got a USA 3ds on 4.5.0-6U (that really badly wants to update to 9.0.0-20U)
I want to use regionthree to play a EU version of Pokemon X... Do i need to upgrade my firmware to 9.0.0-20u? or should i be able to get it to work on 4.5.0-6u ? Or does it even work at all?
Tomorrow i should recieve pokemon alpha ruby (if thats the correct name, latest red one) and from what i've heard that one should work with region three... so would it work on 4.5.0-6u as well ?

Xolima

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I have a Gateway,my sysnand is 9.2 and emunand is 9.5. I already updated Mario Kart to the latest version but how do I play online ? Is there anyway to minimize the chances of getting banned?

Xanidis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, sorry if this is not the right place to post this; if not, let me know and I'll put it in the right place. Second, forgive me if I ask some really dumb questions, as I have just started to look into this today. I recently bought a 3DS XL, and had heard that it was possible to load ROMs onto an SD card and run those on the system, which seemed awesome. After looking around it seems I need a flashcart to do this. I have only ever played around with emulators on the PC before so I wanted to make sure I know exactly what I'm doing before I commit to one. After looking around it seems that the options are either Skyway or Gateway. So, here are my questions:

- Which one is better to get in general? I mainly just want to play ROMs, I don't necessarily care about homebrew apps or anything like that. Related to that question:
- Do both run both DS and 3DS roms? Can they run other emulators too (say, VBA or something)?
- I read somewhere that Skyway has a limit on the number of ROMs it can hold? Is this just a limit on the SD card or the flashcart itself (as in, can I just put a new SD card in when it gets full, or can I delete old games to make way for new ones)? It seems pretty limiting if I could only ever install X number of ROMs and then have to buy a whole new cart.
- Which one is easier to use? Like I said I've only messed around with things like VBA, project 64 and that kind of thing. Not to say I couldn't figure it out but is one more plug n play?
- My 3DS is version 9.5. Is there anyway to downgrade that if I decide I want to go with Gateway or do I have to wait for them to update their firmware?
- Is it possible for one or the other to brick my DS; or for either cart to not work after firmware updates? (Basically, if I use one of these, am I then doomed to never ever connecting to wifi again on that 3DS?)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but I'm sure I'll have more questions later. Is there some kind of basic tutorial somewhere that is up to date? Also, thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

Fazermint

I like dem vidya gaimes
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Sup. Haven't been on GBATemp in like a year, so I've missed all the news about 3DS. Did look through some of the stickies and stuff, but I'm still a little hazy on the subject.

So if I understand it correctly, you can now play ROMs on a 3DS given you have the right model / firmware version. And there's multi-rom support. So, basically it should be pretty much the same as playing DS roms on a DS with a DS flashcart, right?

So basically I need a 3DS with firmware 4.5.0, and anything below 9.2 can be downgraded.

Did I miss anything crucial?

trustnoone

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, I have the new 3DS XL with version 9.5.0-22E, I was wondering what is the best flash cart to buy.
Note: I do NOT intend to play 3ds games off the cart (I will be buying all of my 3ds games).
But I was hoping to get an opinion of which would be the best to get in terms of support in the future (for upcoming updates) and one that has features that include, normal ds <region free>, GBA and GB, and RTS?
Thanks!!

Biala

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey can someone help me with this issue I've got?
I wanted to move the save from my Omega Ruby 3dz to a CIA that I installed but I can't seem to get it working with SaveDataFiler
I can export the first one but can't import back into the CIA
Does anyone know how to do it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay