• Views 4,474,211
  • Replies 53,776
  • Likes 43

4ur0r

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Quick question: if I'll buy a Sky3DS or Gateway, which micro-sd card should I buyt with them? Are class 10 micro-sd's really necessary? (they're not that cheap)

Avalynn

I'm here to learn and help.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question: if I'll buy a Sky3DS or Gateway, which micro-sd card should I buyt with them? Are class 10 micro-sd's really necessary? (they're not that cheap)

I tend to like the Samsung uSD not the cheapest but not the most expensive and is pretty darn reliable.

RJ Sly 95

Trophies
XP
Country
I thought I've posted here, instead I've posted in the sky3ds ban thread lol

The sd card I always used for emunand is dead to my 3DS. Works fine on PC, but apparently the 3DS doesn't recognize it. Tried with another sd, nothing.

The only working sd I have now is the one I use for sysnand, I hope that keeps working at least... any way I could make the other SDs work?

Avalynn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I've posted here, instead I've posted in the sky3ds ban thread lol

The sd card I always used for emunand is dead to my 3DS. Works fine on PC, but apparently the 3DS doesn't recognize it. Tried with another sd, nothing.

The only working sd I have now is the one I use for sysnand, I hope that keeps working at least... any way I could make the other SDs work?

Back up the entire SD card and try a low level format with something like HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool or if you are Mac just use Disk Utility or Gparted on Linux. It's going to take a bit of time but after see if you're 3DS can't see it afterwards. Before that make sure you backup your emuNAND partition before the format. Format it, have Gateway remake the emuNAND and then re-inject your backup. Might I recommend emuNAND Tool

RJ Sly 95

Trophies
XP
Country
Back up the entire SD card and try a low level format with something like HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool or if you are Mac just use Disk Utility or Gparted on Linux. It's going to take a bit of time but after see if you're 3DS can't see it afterwards. Before that make sure you backup your emuNAND partition before the format. Format it, have Gateway remake the emuNAND and then re-inject your backup. Might I recommend emuNAND Tool
I'll try to do a low level format
I think I've already deleted my emunand...I didn't use it that much so it's not a problem though. I didn't know about the emunand tool though, that's cool, thanks!

edit:formatted the first card...nothing. Trying with the second one.

edit2: tried again the first card after blowing in the sd card slot and it worked...

Avalynn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try to do a low level format
I think I've already deleted my emunand...I didn't use it that much so it's not a problem though. I didn't know about the emunand tool though, that's cool, thanks!

edit:formatted the first card...nothing. Trying with the second one.

edit2: tried again the first card after blowing in the sd card slot and it worked...

lol that sadly remonds me of the NES, but congrats!

Reactions: RJ Sly 95

RJ Sly 95

Trophies
XP
Country
lol that sadly remonds me of the NES, but congrats!
Yeah! But now I have another problem - my NNID is still somehow linked to the old emunand and I can't link it on the new emunand

edit: just formatted the system while using emunand but nothing, I assume I should format sysnand but I'm not doing that...

edit2: before I go and make a new NNID, is there anything I can do to recover my old one? I don't have anything worthwhile on that one(just downloaded some demos), but I liked the nick and the account is linked to my main email.

Avalynn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah! But now I have another problem - my NNID is still somehow linked to the old emunand and I can't link it on the new emunand

edit: just formatted the system while using emunand but nothing, I assume I should format sysnand but I'm not doing that...

edit2: before I go and make a new NNID, is there anything I can do to recover my old one? I don't have anything worthwhile on that one(just downloaded some demos), but I liked the nick and the account is linked to my main email.

That's the thing about having a NIND on emuNAND >< you have to remember to backup that up if you ever need to larger SD card or anything. It's also taught me to stop buying any eShop games and just go for the cartridge lol

askara

Trophies
XP
Country
I had emunand 9.5 installed. and when i play pokemon Y and monster hunter 4 it ask me to update the game. can i download the update directly with the 3DS or i have to download a CIA file of the update?

Juncker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just got a new Nintendo 3DS XL with firmware 4.2 and have been using "R4 3D revolution for DS", can I setup the Gateway system on it without the fear of getting bricked?

fadamox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I got my N3DS XL yesterday. I know Gateway is still working on supporting the new model but I also recall reading that getting 9.5 working on the N3DS is still a ways off. Does that mean that even once Gateway supports the new 3DS users still won't be able to access the eShop and such because of firmware limitations?

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As of right now, is there any way to play Majora's Mask 3DS without buying it and without any 3DS flash cart?
(Just want to get an idea of how far the 3DS scene is now).

4ur0r

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As of right now, is there any way to play Majora's Mask 3DS without buying it and without any 3DS flash cart?
(Just want to get an idea of how far the 3DS scene is now).

Only with CFW (custom firmware) on 4.5 or less firmware consoles. Also I'm not even sure about it since I think MM3D wants an higher firmware. Other options are stealing it, or getting it gifted by somone :D

LucyNeko

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is there a way to Play .3ds/.3dz or .cia with a EU N3DS XL (Version 9.0)? I don't know if you can downgrade an N3DS XL. And if it works the only thing i can do are .cia?

I think for .3ds/.3dz i need a GW. But if i can install .cia and convert .3ds/.3dz to .cia what are the Reasons to still use a Gateway? I heard .cia are online compatible an need no header.
So i don't see any advantage of .3ds/.3dz.

4ur0r

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is there a way to Play .3ds/.3dz or .cia with a EU N3DS XL (Version 9.0)? I don't know if you can downgrade an N3DS XL. And if it works the only thing i can do are .cia?

I think for .3ds/.3dz i need a GW. But if i can install .cia and convert .3ds/.3dz to .cia what are the Reasons to still use a Gateway? I heard .cia are online compatible an need no header.
So i don't see any advantage of .3ds/.3dz.

You can't downgrade a n3ds and even if you do it can't downgraded any lower than 7.x or something, and 4.5 is required to install CFW (if it even exist for n3ds). You can play 3ds/3dz backup files with Sky3DS but not (yet) with Gateway. .cia files can be installed only with CFW (not your case) or with gateway (not your case either since n3ds it isn't supported yet by Gateway).

RJ Sly 95

Trophies
XP
Country
That's the thing about having a NIND on emuNAND >< you have to remember to backup that up if you ever need to larger SD card or anything. It's also taught me to stop buying any eShop games and just go for the cartridge lol
Oh well...I need to create a new one I guess...

edit: wait, is Support able to unlink NNIDs from systems? I might call them and ask if they can unlink the nnid from the system, saying that the 3DS is dead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8