• Replies 53,777
  • Likes 43

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, but what I do is set it to install all cia files on the SD together, fold the 3ds, put it in the charger, and by the time I'm up, they're all installed :)

So I can take care of multiple cia files in one go
Did not know that. I just watch some p0rn. :)

ekko25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That is an area I have not looked at becuase my mSD is exFAT, so I can't help you there. You can always try it and we what happens, I suppose. My hunch is to rename it .3dz before you split it.

On another note going online right now is really rolling the dice even with a private header.

Thanks for the reply. The Gateway ROM splitting tool only lists .3ds as an acceptable file type, but when I renamed it to .3dz it picked it up, so I've tried that now.
I'm not planning on going online right now, but wanted to set up the ROM beforehand so that I don't have to change headers later. I'm using a private header, but staying offline for the moment.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply. The Gateway ROM splitting tool only lists .3ds as an acceptable file type, but when I renamed it to .3dz it picked it up, so I've tried that now.
I'm not planning on going online right now, but wanted to set up the ROM beforehand so that I don't have to change headers later. I'm using a private header, but staying offline for the moment.
Me too. Just not worth it right now.

ted3dshelp

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
HI.

I bought the SKY3DS cart blue button when it came out for 9.4 firmware.

With the new update, can I update and be perfectly fine or will I need to buy a new one?

Also, if I continually update my template list from what they send on their site, is there still a high chance of getting banned from playing online?

And can anyone link me how to do Region Free? I found a European MAjoras Mask rom but im from North American and I dont think itll work.

Thanks

lampdemon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I keep getting an error while trying to run Flipnote studio in my 9.5 Emunand(Cardless method). Both nands are still linked, and the only other eshop app I downloaded was pokebank and pokemonY update, both which work fine apart from being in japanese.

thebatdadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just downloaded the EUR region Majora's Mask rom and am getting stuck at a black screen before the game starts. I'm using a 9.4 FW 3DS with sky3ds and the latest template file. I use regionthree to bypass the region lock, get to a loading screen with a dancing icon on the bottom right of the top screen for a split second (never played the game before so not sure who the character is), and then the game just permanently hangs on a black screen until I turn off the system. Any ideas what's going on?

Just some more information that might help: I have many games on the microsd card including stuff like Luigi's Mansion and Yoshi's New Island and they all run flawlessly. I am using a SanDisk Ultra Plus 32GB microsd card, and it's class 10.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
I just downloaded the EUR region Majora's Mask rom and am getting stuck at a black screen before the game starts. I'm using a 9.4 FW 3DS with sky3ds and the latest template file. I use regionthree to bypass the region lock, get to a loading screen with a dancing icon on the bottom right of the top screen for a split second (never played the game before so not sure who the character is), and then the game just permanently hangs on a black screen until I turn off the system. Any ideas what's going on?

Just some more information that might help: I have many games on the microsd card including stuff like Luigi's Mansion and Yoshi's New Island and they all run flawlessly. I am using a SanDisk Ultra Plus 32GB microsd card, and it's class 10.
It simply doesn't work with region free. You need to wait for your region's release

Reactions: thebatdadd

thebatdadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It simply doesn't work with region free. You need to wait for your region's release

Hmm are you sure? I've play JPN region games all the time on my NA 3DS using my sky3ds through the regionthree web exploit. Is it the EUR Majora's Mask rom in particular that doesn't work region free for some reason?

xeen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello :)

i am a long time reader but didnt have much time so my gateway is still omega (one of the first releases)

my sysnand is 4.5 emu nand i dont know, below 9 for sure

now i want to play majoras mask and mh4 online, i bought both of them but didnt put them in yet because i wasnt sure how i need to update and what emunand i need, etc :)
(i want to use my gateway for old games that i played before, if i can put copys of my MM and mh4 on the gateway to play with them online without being banned that would be awesome but isnt highly needed)

pls help a flashcard noob :D
best regards xeen

edit:
i watched tutorials and read the manual, still im not sure what i have to do and what i shouldnt do from the guides :)
edit/

itachigo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the blue gateway cart is for DS games and in order to play ds games I need to downgrade my 3ds xl to 4.x? Also, does the red gateway cart only play .CIA files?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello :)

i am a long time reader but didnt have much time so my gateway is still omega (one of the first releases)

my sysnand is 4.5 emu nand i dont know, below 9 for sure

now i want to play majoras mask and mh4 online, i bought both of them but didnt put them in yet because i wasnt sure how i need to update and what emunand i need, etc :)
(i want to use my gateway for old games that i played before, if i can put copys of my MM and mh4 on the gateway to play with them online without being banned that would be awesome but isnt highly needed)

pls help a flashcard noob :D
best regards xeen
MM is 7.x not sure about MH but I think 9.x. check 3ds.essh.co
You can stay at 4.x but should upgrade emunand in system settings. 9.5 is really your only choice. Gateway (Sony) has a manual in the downloads section of their site now. Get the latest launcher 3.0.4

Online is tricky right now so the safest is to play from your carts. Read up on the dangers here before you dump your games and play from rom, nobody is sure how N is going about banning.

So the blue gateway cart is for DS games and in order to play ds games I need to downgrade my 3ds xl to 4.x? Also, does the red gateway cart only play .CIA files?
Yes blue cart is for DS games on 4.x sysnand or you can use r4 or DStwo on higher FW. Red card does not play cia they are installed to the internal SD. Red card is need to boot gateway mode to play an installed cia but then is not required. Red card is for 3ds and 3dz.

Des_Kaje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Quick question: planning to set up Gateway for the first time tomorrow. With all the news about bans, is it safe to setup my card at the moment? I will have to turn wifi on to complete the setup and enter Gateway mode, of course. In other words: do you only risk a ban by playing a rom online, or is having wifi turned on itself enough to get you banned (f.e., just turning on wifi while on the home screen)?

I plan not to play games online for the time being, but I'd like to play some roms offline.

By the way, if someone knows a guide that explains the whole public/private header thing, that would be welcome.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
i have a question
my gateway 3DS on 4.2
somehow it catches the update nag

its on emunand 9.4

what should i do ?

i have a legit cartridge of super smash 3ds ( i think the 8.0 update in it )
if i use it to update , will it update to 8.0 or 9.5 ?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question: planning to set up Gateway for the first time tomorrow. With all the news about bans, is it safe to setup my card at the moment? I will have to turn wifi on to complete the setup and enter Gateway mode, of course. In other words: do you only risk a ban by playing a rom online, or is having wifi turned on itself enough to get you banned (f.e., just turning on wifi while on the home screen)?

I plan not to play games online for the time being, but I'd like to play some roms offline.

By the way, if someone knows a guide that explains the whole public/private header thing, that would be welcome.
Nothing in life but death and taxes is 100%, but no reports of bans of offline gamers.
There are plenty of threads in the first 5-10 pages that go into more head than you would prefer. :)

Public bad private better.

i have a question
my gateway 3DS on 4.2
somehow it catches the update nag

its on emunand 9.4

what should i do ?

i have a legit cartridge of super smash 3ds ( i think the 8.0 update in it )
if i use it to update , will it update to 8.0 or 9.5 ?
Where is the update nag? Sysnand or emunand.

When I screw up and get the nag in sysnand all I have to do is format it. I keep my sysnand totally clean so no loss.

Reactions: itachigo

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Nothing in life but death and taxes is 100%, but no reports of bans of offline gamers.
There are plenty of threads in the first 5-10 pages that go into more head than you would prefer. :)

Public bad private better.

Where is the update nag? Sysnand or emunand.

When I screw up and get the nag in sysnand all I have to do is format it. I keep my sysnand totally clean so no loss.
on sysnand

i heard if i want to format my 3DS , i have to update if i catches the system nag

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users