• Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm a new GW owner, my 3DS is on 9.20-20 and I'm awaiting the new GW firmware release. I'm also considering importing a New 3DS LL (JP or AU). Most of the retail games I currently own are all purchased downloads from eShop. I've done some reading but haven't been able to find answers to the following:
  • Is it possible to dump the 9.20-20 sysnand from my current NA console and run that (as the emunand) on a JP/AU New 3DS LL?
  • If not, can I dump the savegames from my current NA sysnand and use them on the new 3DS LL's emunand?
  • Is this all just completely not doable?
What I'm trying to achieve is being able to use my current NA 3DS saves (or sysnand) on a JP/AU 3DS LL. I'd love to own a foreign New LL and not lose any of the current progress I've made on my games.

I wasn't able to find the answers to these questions anywhere and appreciate the help. Related links/FAQs are appreciated.
-Gateway hasn't stated that 9.x exploit will have emunand support. Even if it did, you can't use another 3ds' sysnand as emunand.
-Not sure about this but probably not(?) The saves are encrypted after all
-Well, you can always do a system transfer between 9.4 sysnand and 9.4 emunand (assuming the 9.x exploit does support emunand). Although I'm not sure whether cross-region system transfer is possible either (most likely not)

SaulTiber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking about getting a Gateway 3DS. My 3DS firmware is 8.1.0-18u. The website says they have implemented compatibility for 7.0-9.2. Will it work? Just want to verify before I purchase it.

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm thinking about getting a Gateway 3DS. My 3DS firmware is 8.1.0-18u. The website says they have implemented compatibility for 7.0-9.2. Will it work? Just want to verify before I purchase it.

The website they have implemented it but it doesn't say they have released it. Currently it still only works with 4.x firmwares.
The upcoming update will be the one supporting the remaining firmwares (except 9.3 and 9.4). So you can buy it now and wait for it to be released or you can wait for it to be released and buy later. Same thing. Either you, you'll have a good flashcart with you.

SaulTiber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The website they have implemented it but it doesn't say they have released it. Currently it still only works with 4.x firmwares.
The upcoming update will be the one supporting the remaining firmwares (except 9.3 and 9.4). So you can buy it now and wait for it to be released or you can wait for it to be released and buy later. Same thing. Either you, you'll have a good flashcart with you.

Alright, thanks for the info.

abaddon41_80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been away from the community for a while and I am very lost trying to learn about the current flashcarts and how they work. I have been reading the FAQs but I am still a little confused. I have some very basic questions that I hope someone will answer without being too bothered.

1. It seems the Gateway is the best, and the most future-proof, of the cards that play 3DS games. Would this be the best card to get if I was to buy a 3DS tomorrow?

2. I want to be able to play regular DS games on my 3DS. From my understanding, the Gateway can also do this very well with the other card it comes with. I would just like to be sure.

3. I am also planning on getting a setup for my little brother. I do not know how involved the usage process for the Gateway is. I will set it up for him using the guides here but I want to make sure he won't be in danger of not being able to use it, or break something, without me around. Would it be as simple as telling him to not update the system firmware?

DQB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob question and I think I know the answer already but anyway...

if I have a japanese 3ds the emunand is also going to be japanese, right? From what I can google I'm thinking there's no way to run for instance a US nand/firmware/whatever in emunand, right?

Thanks.

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry i couldn't not keep up to date this last couple of weeks.
whats ticket.db and tittle.db?
as i understand it's needed to get stuff from Ninty's servers and then compile it to .CIA? right?

im guessing its a file that contains the user and console info related to a purchase in the eshop? is that right?
transferring such files could lead to someone getting signed stuff from the eshop to a console/user that didn't actually purchase the content?

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Will running GBA ROMs or playing any type of NDS games in emuNAND reset the 4.X exploit?
You can't run GBA or NDA roms in Emunand.

I've been away from the community for a while and I am very lost trying to learn about the current flashcarts and how they work. I have been reading the FAQs but I am still a little confused. I have some very basic questions that I hope someone will answer without being too bothered.

1. It seems the Gateway is the best, and the most future-proof, of the cards that play 3DS games. Would this be the best card to get if I was to buy a 3DS tomorrow?

2. I want to be able to play regular DS games on my 3DS. From my understanding, the Gateway can also do this very well with the other card it comes with. I would just like to be sure.

3. I am also planning on getting a setup for my little brother. I do not know how involved the usage process for the Gateway is. I will set it up for him using the guides here but I want to make sure he won't be in danger of not being able to use it, or break something, without me around. Would it be as simple as telling him to not update the system firmware?
1. Gateway is the best in terms of features. Sky3DS is best in terms of ease-of use. As for being future proof, Gateway has the better track record but only time will really tell (Considering Sky3DS still works on 9.4, there is a distinct possibility that ninty has no way to block it)
2. Yes Blue card runs DS games fine
3. Well...yes and no. He probably still has to update emunand from time to time to keep up with the features. The main thing is not updating sysnand beyond supported firmwares. Depending on how young he is it might be better to get a Sky3ds since ones is less likely to screw that one up.

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Noob question and I think I know the answer already but anyway...

if I have a japanese 3ds the emunand is also going to be japanese, right? From what I can google I'm thinking there's no way to run for instance a US nand/firmware/whatever in emunand, right?

Thanks.

Yeas. no way. it will be japanese all the way.

Will running GBA ROMs or playing any type of NDS games in emuNAND reset the 4.X exploit?
if retail AFAIK you have to use emuNAND classic. the only way you can reset the exploit is if you power down/shutdown the 3DS

imket

Trophies
XP
Country
i recently made a really stupid mistake. I was on emunand 9.2 and updated because i couldnt go online. Then i checked gateway site and it said dont go past GW 9.2. My usual "ds profile" part starts, but then when it tries to open emunand it just never opens and screen is black. Is there a solution for my problem.

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
the only way you can reset the exploit is if you power down/shutdown the 3DS

wrong info

2. Yes Blue card runs DS games fine

don't forget to mention that it only works in 4.x firmware and not in higher firmwares.

i recently made a really stupid mistake. I was on emunand 9.2 and updated because i couldnt go online. Then i checked gateway site and it said dont go past GW 9.2. My usual "ds profile" part starts, but then when it tries to open emunand it just never opens and screen is black. Is there a solution for my problem.

update the launcher.dat file on your SD card for the one from GW2.7. if you were able to read the warning before in GW's website, you should also be able to read it again now since it says a new update was released to support the latest firmware in emunand.

A lot of people are speculating whether or not support for 9.X+ on gateway will require an FPGA update?

That would suck as you'd need a 3DS running on firmware 4.X for said update....

Not necessarily.

yes. the emunand is a copy from your sysnand. so if your sysnand is japanese, emunand will be too.

pandaboii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys how you save on the sky3ds as i was playing mk7 and then i turned of my 3ds off and then when i came back i didnt have my cups anymore

abaddon41_80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the answers, guys. It seems like the Gateway is definitely the way to go. My little brother is 16 so he shouldn't have any trouble following simple directions on how not to break it.

abaddon41_80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just went out and got my 3DS and it has the 7.2 firmware on it. From the looks of things, Gateway might not be releasing support for anything higher than 4.5 anytime soon. Should I be patient and wait for what seems to the be the better card, from all my reading on there forums, or just go ahead and buy the Sky3DS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: also happy birthday @Xdqwerty +1