• Views 4,474,498
  • Replies 53,776
  • Likes 43

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can some1 point me to the offline versions of the saves, since i dont plan on ever using my wifi on my gateway 3ds [some1 said there was offline saves so was hoping to get a hold of them. So i can just put it on my 3ds's cart that i have the launcher.bin and my other saves.

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have another question about the Gateway 2.3b. I watched a video on demonstrating on how to update to the latest 2.3b release. At the very end of this video he does an update on the 3ds. And then the video ends, so it got me worried and thinking should I do this also?

Also I bought a new Micro-SD card for the games, what format should I use ?

Thanks

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
For what exactly is emunand needed? And how to create one from my position? :bow:

It's for accessing the eShop and having the latest firmware for the games that need it. It's easy to do. Just boot into the GW menu (hold L when tapping DS Profile) and scroll all the way to the right to "Format EmuNAND." Do that, then scroll back to the left and boot into GW mode. Go into settings, make sure you see the "GW 3D" by the firmware number, and update. That's it. Simple.

Cardzzzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK I got a lot of noob questions. If I can get definite answers this would be greatly appreciated.

I already have 1 3DS -XL and Gateway 2.1 working fine on it. I never upgraded the enunand on it as everything I wanted to play didn't need it.

Now I have a second 3DS - XL and another gateway but times have changed a bit. My questions are:-

1. Do I follow the same procedure and install 2.3 on the new 3DS as I did with 2.1?
2. Do I follow the same procedure and install 2.3 over my old 2.1 gateway installed? (Minus the backing up of my existing nand)
3. How do I install the latest enunand? Do I just make 100% sure I am on GW firmware and then do an update over my network? This bit always scared me so I never did it.

Edit - looks like 3 was answered just above this post.. Why do I need to format enunand first though? Wont an update automatically update/overwrite your current nand?

4. What steps can I do to reduce the chance of accidentally overwriting my 3DS firmware (which is 4.3)
5. My niece wants that new tamagochi life game? This backup works OK doesn't it on the latest enunand doesn't it?

Bonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's for accessing the eShop and having the latest firmware for the games that need it. It's easy to do. Just boot into the GW menu (hold L when tapping DS Profile) and scroll all the way to the right to "Format EmuNAND." Do that, then scroll back to the left and boot into GW mode. Go into settings, make sure you see the "GW 3D" by the firmware number, and update. That's it. Simple.

Thanks for the guide! Sounds really easy. I'll guess i perform it as soon as a game appears who really needs it. Yoshi's New Island has 7.1.0 firmware, and runs for me without EmuNand, is there any game out there who really needs emunand?

IMPORTAT: Also, there's one thing i don't understand: When i normally turn the console on, hold "L" and tap "DS Profile", i enter the GW-Menu. Then i boot GW Mode. After the reboot, i enter the setting menu again, and there is still written: Ver. 4.4.0-10U. WHY?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
can some1 point me to the offline versions of the saves, since i dont plan on ever using my wifi on my gateway 3ds [some1 said there was offline saves so was hoping to get a hold of them. So i can just put it on my 3ds's cart that i have the launcher.bin and my other saves.
the saves for pokemon do not go on the SD card, they are injected into the rom, go read the community saves thread again
Thanks for the guide! Sounds really easy. I'll guess i perform it as soon as a game appears who really needs it. Yoshi's New Island has 7.1.0 firmware, and runs for me without EmuNand, is there any game out there who really needs emunand?

IMPORTAT: Also, there's one thing i don't understand: When i normally turn the console on, hold "L" and tap "DS Profile", i enter the GW-Menu. Then i boot GW Mode. After the reboot, i enter the setting menu again, and there is still written: Ver. 4.4.0-10U. WHY?
the GW3D is only there if you have emunand set up, its a visual indicator so you know you can update in system settings and not update your system nand

if you dont have emunand set up its not safe to update as your running from your sysnand so it won't show the GW3D in system settings

dasai

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, guys.

I really appreciate the tons of information contained in this board, but for someone who has never owned a 3DS so far, it's kinda too much, which is why I'm going to shoot some short questions here.

I'm German but live in Tokyo. Usually I'm not a piracy person, but as the region lock prevents me from playing games in German/English, I got myself a DSTWO flashcard (still have to buy the Nintendo 3DS XL, though). However, I'm not really clear about these things yet:

1. If I only play offline (don't care too much about online gaming anyway), I'm perfectly safe, right?
2. Here the New Nintendo 3DS XL will be released on October 10th. Do you think it's worth the wait? I guess it will take some time, until I can use my DSTWO card with the new version. Sadly it comes with a region lock as well, which is why without flashcard I can't play anything but Japanese language games.
3. Don't know, if that question's illegal, but so far I've had huge difficulties with finding "legit" ROMs on the Internet. Is there a specific source that everyone uses or is it some kind of "search until you're lucky enough to find it" system? Please skip this one, if I'm not allowed to ask that stuff.

Thanks in advance.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hey, guys.

I really appreciate the tons of information contained in this board, but for someone who has never owned a 3DS so far, it's kinda too much, which is why I'm going to shoot some short questions here.

I'm German but live in Tokyo. Usually I'm not a piracy person, but as the region lock prevents me from playing games in German/English, I got myself a DSTWO flashcard (still have to buy the Nintendo 3DS XL, though). However, I'm not really clear about these things yet:

1. If I only play offline (don't care too much about online gaming anyway), I'm perfectly safe, right?
2. Here the New Nintendo 3DS XL will be released on October 10th. Do you think it's worth the wait? I guess it will take some time, until I can use my DSTWO card with the new version. Sadly it comes with a region lock as well, which is why without flashcard I can't play anything but Japanese language games.
3. Don't know, if that question's illegal, but so far I've had huge difficulties with finding "legit" ROMs on the Internet. Is there a specific source that everyone uses or is it some kind of "search until you're lucky enough to find it" system? Please skip this one, if I'm not allowed to ask that stuff.

Thanks in advance.
1/2. the DStwo only plays NDS roms, and NDS games aren't region locked so you could just buy EU games and they will play fine on the 3DS, region locking only applies to 3DS games, and yeah there are no online services for the NDS any more and so far nobody has been banned for 3ds flash cards never mind a NDS card

3. you cant ask for roms or links to roms, but google is your friend

from your post i'm getting the impression you think the DStwo plays 3DS games, it doesn't, you will need a 3DS flashcard like the gateway for that which only works on consoles with the FW version 4.1-4.5

dasai

Trophies
XP
Country
1/2. the DStwo only plays NDS roms, and NDS games aren't region locked so you could just buy EU games and they will play fine on the 3DS, region locking only applies to 3DS games, and yeah there are no online services for the NDS any more and so far nobody has been banned for 3ds flash cards never mind a NDS card

3. you cant ask for roms or links to roms, but google is your friend

from your post i'm getting the impression you think the DStwo plays 3DS games, it doesn't, you will need a 3DS flashcard like the gateway for that which only works on consoles with the FW version 4.1-4.5

Omg, really? On the page where I bought it, it says 3DS (XL) as well.... what a f**king scam. Made me waste 40€ for nothing.

Well, instead of buying another flashcard for 63€ (the Gateway), I might as well order a 3DS XL from Germany along with some games....

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Omg, really? On the page where I bought it, it says 3DS (XL) as well.... what a f**king scam. Made me waste 40€ for nothing.

Well, instead of buying another flashcard for 63€ (the Gateway), I might as well order a 3DS XL from Germany along with some games....
the card will work on the 3ds XL but it only plays NDS games

Mylink5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
So,could I re-format my EmuNand, (I currently have a 8.x Emunand, but it's unsuable as I haven't got a Gateway yet) when the time comes, and my data will transfer over to the emunand? and then I could update the emunand again. Will this worj?

niño de cobre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
guys i need some light here, sorry if this was asked before,but i want to be 100% sure before doing anything.

right now im at gw 2.2 with emunand 7.x
so, if im correct, all i need to go to gw 2.3 and emunand 8.x is:

-put the 2.3 launcher.dat in the SDcard, run the exploit again (blue card).
after that i will be with gw 2.3 but with emunand 7.x right? so, now i just need to boot on emunand mode and update from 7.x to 8.x ?? no need to format emunand??

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
guys i need some light here, sorry if this was asked before,but i want to be 100% sure before doing anything.

right now im at gw 2.2 with emunand 7.x
so, if im correct, all i need to go to gw 2.3 and emunand 8.x is:

-put the 2.3 launcher.dat in the SDcard, run the exploit again (blue card).
after that i will be with gw 2.3 but with emunand 7.x right? so, now i just need to boot on emunand mode and update from 7.x to 8.x ?? no need to format emunand??
no need to run the blue card again basically
1. copy 2.3 launcher.dat to SD card
2. enter emunand, go to settings, make sure it says GW3D 7.x DO NOT exit system settings but instead go to the system update page inside system settigns
3. Run the update, the console will restart after the update, enter gateway mode and you will be on 8.1

Reactions: niño de cobre

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/rMHTo4sAYKA?si=UTMogWR09JOPIPF_