• Views 4,446,351
  • Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Wouldn't be possible to just "remove" the emunand? Would this affect firmware 2.0 too?

Also what do you mean by " use MT or gateway launcher to get the update"?
Sorry for all the questions :P
well someone asked if they could use patches ...assuming they meant the game updates that you get from eshop, the only way to get them is to have emunand set up to 7.1, but 3.0 doesn't work properly with 7.1 you could use the MT/gateway...only to access the eshop on 7.1 and get the title updates.....then switch back to clone 3.0 and you have the updates using the clone card.....but having emunand set up to 7.1 whilst using 3.0 causes the bugs mentioned previously

i dont think there is any games with updates out worth all the messing about for imho

EDIT: ninja'd :D

R

RedSpyGentlemen

I got 2 questions, please answer them.
1. I bought a r4i gold from china and I live in the eastern part of the US. How long would it take to get here? (Estimate)
2. Is class 4 micro sd good for an R4i Gold?

RJ Sly 95

Trophies
XP
Country
Here is the problem:

1. You want an update
2. To get an update, you need to use the eShop
3. To use the eShop, you need to use the latest system version
4. If you download the latest system version, you can't play roms
5. In order to download the latest system version and still play ROMS, you need emuNAND
6. In order to have emuNAND, you need to use 3.0+
7. 3.0 emuNAND doesn't work with the eShop
8. 3.1-3.3 can brick your system.
9. In order to use the eShop, you need to use GW 2.1
10. Once the update is downloaded, in order to use it you need to use 3.0, which has buggy saves.

Basically, this is what you have to do in order to use an update:
1. Back up your 3ds's SD card
2. Download 3.0 Launcher and place on SD card.
3. Hold L in ds profile and select format emuNAND (this will delete the data on your SD card, which is why you backed it up)
4. Select the first option (GW mode, or if they renamed it something else. Its the red boot)
5. Go to System Settings, verify that it says "GW3D" and if it does, !!!WITHOUT EXITING SYSTEM SETTINGS!!! update
6. Turn off the 3ds.
7. Put your files back on the SD card (it will be 1gb smaller now)
8. Download GW 2.1 launcher and place on SD Card
9. Run ds profile exploit, and select classic mode (second option)
You should notice you have miiverse, as you are now in emuNAND.
10. Enter eShop and search for your update
11. Download the update.
12. Turn your 3DS off
13. Place the 3.0 Launcher back on the SD card
14. Play your game! You should have the update now.

The only downside is you have to use 3.0, which means you have to make sure you can save as well as deal with the system not always running the exploit properly. Basically, you have all the 2.0b1 bugs.

If you go back to 2.0 (GW 1.2) you will not have the update anymore. (On 3.0 you will sill have it)
That's very detailed, thank you!

I didn't even know you could enter in the eshop and use miiverse with flashcards...

Sir_Zed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Recently found out I can easily get my hands on an un-updated 3DS console and I'm considering buying it and a Gateway Flash Cart

Just have one question:

I heard you could dump your own physical copies of games onto the cart itself, Will your save files be able to be transferred? There is no way I can lose my Animal Crossing, Monster Hunter, Pokemon and Mario kart saves just for the sake of convenience.

Thanks in advance :)

moethuta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bermuda
Hi i have a question , i ejected red gateway card while the game is still running , all my savefiles (from that game ) disappeared , anyway to restore them ?

AngryRussianKid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Is that possible to transfer data from GWRed Card microSD? I mean, some games have their saves on cartridge(in our situation-microsd). It is a bit strange. I have played Animal Crossing for a while, deleted .3ds from microSD, uploaded game again, and...no save files. Recorded data has been erased.
I want to buy a new microSD with more space. And now, I dont know how to save data. It will be erased.

Thanks for help bros!

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
With Animal Crossing (or pokemon), the save data is stored into the actual .3ds file. If you can't recover that now, then your save is gone, but next time you can copy the .3ds rom back off the card to your computer, and move that copy to your new card, rather than using a clean downloaded copy.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
What do you think? If I copy everything from microSD to comp, my data will be saved?
It's just a few games that use NAND saving, Pokemon x & y, animal crossing and I think a few of the virtual console games, for them games you have to keep the rom file as the save is stored inside it, there is some tools to extract the save file out of the rom and you can re-inject the save, but just keeping the rom with your save inside will do the job

ahbba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3ds on 2.2.0 firmware. Do I have to update it to 4.5 to use gateway? Is there any way to do this without using retail games? I don't have any 3ds games.

player3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you launch Gateway using the DS profile, it boots into the Gateway dashboard. Is there a way to instead just go straight into the Gateway mode without having to launch that from the dashboard?

ShogunZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just got my 3DS XL and will be getting a R4i gold cart soon. Can I update my 3DS to the latest version when I enter the e-shop or is it best avoided?

It's running 4.3.0-9E right now.

farhan2401

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi, im planning to buy 3ds xl with 4.5 ver firmware + Gateway card. I've read couple of tutorial/faq about gateway.
There's still couple of things that i cant understand. Hope others can help n00bies like me.
1) If i want to update gateway firmware like from ver 2.0 to ver 2.1 omega. Do i need to reinstall my emunand?
2) Some games released patch, like pokemon x/y. Does update the emunand will update the patch for the game? Or u need to download the patch from eshop or other places?
3) I have seen some group released the game patch with trainer. It have .cia file extension. How can i update it using this file. If i already update the patch for the game, does reupdate the patch using this file will works? Does the game patch will install n merge together with emunand or only sd card?
sidenote, this is my first time knowing about flash card. Sorry for many question. Tq

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto