• Start date
  • Views 4,462,459
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
Some of my games are not working (super smash bros does work so it's not because of extended memory mode), i tried almost everything (import seed, luma locale switcher, luma game patching, i even tried a different adapter) and some games still don't work, and i can't update games either. I did try pulling up the rosalina menu on the game that gives me a black screen and it works fine. The games themself still don't work though... I'm kind of scared tbh, i hope this can be fixed because if not i wasted my money and i can't buy another 3ds
Do you have a o3ds or is it a new 3ds? One thing you can check is when booting hold select and check the clock speed, some games break from what I heard if the clock speed is on anything other than default

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230224_155424_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20230224_155424_Firefox.jpg
    593.2 KB · Views: 25

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Some of my games are not working (super smash bros does work so it's not because of extended memory mode), i tried almost everything (import seed, luma locale switcher, luma game patching, i even tried a different adapter) and some games still don't work, and i can't update games either. I did try pulling up the rosalina menu on the game that gives me a black screen and it works fine. The games themself still don't work though... I'm kind of scared tbh, i hope this can be fixed because if not i wasted my money and i can't buy another 3ds
Is this the same thing you were already talking about here?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/some-games-are-not-working-old-3ds-xl.626691/

Asking the same question in multiple places just makes things confusing.

It doesn't look to me like you tried testing your card yet, as was already suggested.

Reactions: CoolMe

Lavender01

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do you have a o3ds or is it a new 3ds? One thing you can check is when booting hold select and check the clock speed, some games break from what I heard if the clock speed is on anything other than default
It's an o3ds xl, and i don't think clock speed is a feature on the o3ds.
Is this the same thing you were already talking about here?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/some-games-are-not-working-old-3ds-xl.626691/

Asking the same question in multiple places just makes things confusing.

It doesn't look to me like you tried testing your card yet, as was already suggested.
Yes, sorry! The site kept merging my post so no one saw my new posts...
I would try the sd card test but i don't have a laptop available all the time, so i have to wait for the next time i can use it. But I'll try testing the sd card asap, and in the meantime I'll just try installing more cias.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, sorry! The site kept merging my post so no one saw my new posts...
Maybe no one was replying because you didn't seem to be bothering with the suggestions people had already made. :-|

and in the meantime I'll just try installing more cias.
That is a waste of time if your SD card is busted.

Sunshinea

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I need help with a corrupted file on my SD card :mellow:
Apparently, my "import.db" file seems to be corrupted... Installed apps on the SD card no longer appear in my home menu & I don't have any backup for it. I'm wondering if there's any way I could repair it to have every app back? Would that be possible, or do I need to delete & re-install everything?

Sorry if this question has already been asked here, I'm a big newbie with these things :[

GummiWorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi hope I'm asking in the right place. I have a friend who wants to export their animal crossing new leaf save file from their old 3DS but it's a eshop digital version and the 3DS is unmodded. They would be putting it on a modded 3DS . Is there a way to do this?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Apparently, my "import.db" file seems to be corrupted... Installed apps on the SD card no longer appear in my home menu & I don't have any backup for it. I'm wondering if there's any way I could repair it to have every app back? Would that be possible, or do I need to delete & re-install everything?
I don't know what leads you to believe your import.db is specifically corrupted?

The first thing to do in cases like this is to copy everything off the card (use Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier if things seem to be corrupted), format the card, test the empty card with h2testw, and copy everything back if the card is okay. Sometimes that alone is enough to solve problems.

I have a friend who wants to export their animal crossing new leaf save file from their old 3DS but it's a eshop digital version and the 3DS is unmodded. They would be putting it on a modded 3DS . Is there a way to do this?
Generally, you would have to install CFW on the 3DS to export save data. There are ways around it, but they are kind of inconvenient and not much simpler – either you would have to decrypt the save manually using a PC after obtaining the encryption key with Seedminer, or you would have to install a Homebrew Launcher exploit to run JKSM – though that would also probably require Seedminer. (Such exploits can be safely and cleanly removed, however.)

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installed apps on the SD card no longer appear in my home menu & I don't have any backup for it. I'm wondering if there's any way I could repair it to have every app back? Would that be possible, or do I need to delete & re-install everything?
Have you tried running faketik? I'd also check the sd card with h2testw as mentioned, to make sure it's not faulty or dying.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any homebrew to check all installed titles and see if theyre up to date or missing DLC?
Use the eShop to see if there's any updates to your games. Unless the eShop is not an option..
There are of course ways to get/ look for said updates and dlcs from the internet, but you're on your own finding them.

Sunshinea

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know what leads you to believe your import.db is specifically corrupted?
After having some issues with my SD card (that seems to be fixed now), I tried to do a backup of its files but got the error informing me that my godmode9 firmware, import.db and some other insignificant pictures on my camera were corrupt and unreadable. I was able to replace the godmode9 file, but I'm wondering about import.db.
The first thing to do in cases like this is to copy everything off the card (use Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier if things seem to be corrupted), format the card, test the empty card with h2testw, and copy everything back if the card is okay. Sometimes that alone is enough to solve problems.
Tried it! My SD card is apparently okay but unfortunately it did not solve my problem. Apps are still missing from my Home menu :[
I don't know if it's worth mentioning, but instead of getting the "corrupted and unreadable" error when I try to copy import.db, it says "the specified path does not exist". I assume it must be because of Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier, I'm not sure if it makes any difference :mellow:

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After having some issues with my SD card (that seems to be fixed now), I tried to do a backup of its files but got the error informing me that my godmode9 firmware, import.db and some other insignificant pictures on my camera were corrupt and unreadable. I was able to replace the godmode9 file, but I'm wondering about import.db.
That is more informative, thank you.

I believe the old CTRTransfer Type D9 script is the way to go here.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-godmode9-scripts-megathread.482150/page-9#post-8550543

GummiWorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Generally, you would have to install CFW on the 3DS to export save data. There are ways around it, but they are kind of inconvenient and not much simpler – either you would have to decrypt the save manually using a PC after obtaining the encryption key with Seedminer, or you would have to install a Homebrew Launcher exploit to run JKSM – though that would also probably require Seedminer. (Such exploits can be safely and cleanly removed, however.)

Thank you for replying!
I remember doing that long ago.
Last I used the homebrew launcher via an exploit like that was 2016 do any of them still work? . Actually would installing cfw be able to keep everything thats already there?

Last edited by GummiWorm,

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last I used the homebrew launcher via an exploit like that was 2016 do any of them still work?
Homebrew Launcher? Yes. But not A9lh, you'd need to update to b9s.
Actually would installing cfw be able to keep everything thats already there?
You're talking about installed titles? Yes.

Reactions: GummiWorm

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Last I used the homebrew launcher via an exploit like that was 2016 do any of them still work?
If you have a U-region unit, then the last time the payload changed was with 11.7. If you were using exploits when your 3DS was on 11.7 (or later), then they will keep working on the latest firmware. Otherwise, you will need to upload the payload. If you used steelhax, this is just a matter of replacing a file on the SD card; anything else can get a lot more complicated.

Reactions: GummiWorm

mjrmt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi. i just found my 3ds (Solgaleo and luana edition) and it seems in working condition. CFW too. I seems to lost the sysnand back up. Can i just back up my emunand and flash it in the future just in case?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. i just found my 3ds (Solgaleo and luana edition) and it seems in working condition. CFW too.
You might need to update from A9lh to b9s if your cfw is old..
I seems to lost the sysnand back up. Can i just back up my emunand and flash it in the future just in case?
Flash it or restore it? GodMode9 has an emunand backup function (just like with sysnand).

xtrac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm trying to connect Filezilla (PC) to my 3DS (ftpd). Filezilla tells me the connection is unprotected and my files and login data are accessible for anyone on the internet. ftpd says:
[RESPONSE] 502 Invalid command "AUTH TLS"
and
[RESPONSE] 502 Invalid command "AUTH SSL"
Does ftpd even support encrypted ftp?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not sure if RetroArch has improved it's UI or not