• Views 4,497,969
  • Replies 53,791
  • Likes 43

Lavender01

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe no one was replying because you didn't seem to be bothering with the suggestions people had already made. :-|

That is a waste of time if your SD card is busted.
I'm sorry, i didn't mean to give off that vibe. I would 100% have used h2testw if it didn't take 1 hour just to backup the sd, because the only laptop i can use is the one i share with my parents and they don't allow me to use it for that long... but i promise I'll try the next time I'm home alone.

I did install more cias and all of them worked, i did get arm11 errors on 2 of them but that was fixed after importing seeds.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, i didn't mean to give off that vibe. I would 100% have used h2testw if it didn't take 1 hour just to backup the sd, because the only laptop i can use is the one i share with my parents and they don't allow me to use it for that long... but i promise I'll try the next time I'm home alone.

I did install more cias and all of them worked, i did get arm11 errors on 2 of them but that was fixed after importing seeds.

Kwyjor is right if you are not willing to test the card, there isn't a lot people can help you with, testing the card is what most people would recommend.

Reactions: Lavender01

Lavender01

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Kwyjor is right if you are not willing to test the card, there isn't a lot people can help you with, testing the card is what most people would recommend
I am absolutely willing to test the sd card... what i tried to explain was that i have to wait until I'm home alone for long enough to use our laptop, I'm trying to get it done this week.
Post automatically merged:

Also, this might be a stupid question but is it safe to uninstall mcu bricker?

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
I am absolutely willing to test the sd card... what i tried to explain was that i have to wait until I'm home alone for long enough to use our laptop, I'm trying to get it done this week.

Also, this might be a stupid question but is it safe to uninstall mcu bricker?
Yes it is safe since it's just an app like any other. The only thing it does is change the led colors

Reactions: Lavender01

legitfoxpack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 3ds has Rei-Six since 2017-18 and recently I've been wanting to change it back to Luma. Unfortunately, I never did anything to my 3ds, only a friend did all that modding. I don't know how to start or if I can actually do anything. Is there anything I can do?

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
My 3ds has Rei-Six since 2017-18 and recently I've been wanting to change it back to Luma. Unfortunately, I never did anything to my 3ds, only a friend did all that modding. I don't know how to start or if I can actually do anything. Is there anything I can do?
What firmware does your 3ds have? You could update the firmware and then replace the boot.firm file on the sd card since rei.six is just a minimalist luma
Also, if you have alh9 follow this guide https://3ds.hacks.guide/a9lh-to-b9s

Last edited by zekro94,

legitfoxpack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does have a Luma file in the SD card, but there's other things in the SD card I don't know much about

Attachments

• 20230228_173756.jpg
    20230228_173756.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 25

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
It does have a Luma file in the SD card, but there's other things in the SD card I don't know much about
You have so many unnecessary files, but first tell me what's the firmware on that 3ds? Anyway the menuhax, webkithax, soundhax can be safely deleted. Why does that sd card have so many things at once?

legitfoxpack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I said in my first post, a friend did all the modding. And by the firmware, did you mean what boots up when I power the 3ds on? If so, it is Rei-Six and shows that one anime girl and the creators' names on the bottom screen

Attachments

• 20230228_175302.jpg
    20230228_175302.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
  • 20230228_175356.jpg
    20230228_175356.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 31

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
I was referring to the firmware seen in the second photo, now that I know which is you can replace the boot.firm on the sd card with this one https://github.com/LumaTeam/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v9.1 (also copy the rei folder to a pc and delete it from the sd card)
After that see if the 3ds boots, go into settings and update the system firmware to latest and replace it with this other one
https://github.com/LumaTeam/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v12.0

(I know it sounds redundant but newer luma seems to not work well with older firmware, so the solution is to use older luma in order to update)

legitfoxpack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was referring to the firmware seen in the second photo, now that I know which is you can replace the boot.firm on the sd card with this one (also copy the rei folder to a pc and delete it from the sd card)
After that see if the 3ds boots, go into settings and update the system firmware to latest and replace it with this other one

(I know it sounds redundant but newer luma seems to not work well with older firmware, so the solution is to use older luma in order to update)
I did what you had said with v9.1 boot.firm and deleted the unnecessary files, including rei. However, the light keeps fading when booting up the system.

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome, it worked. Now, what should I do here? Just autoboot?
Nothing, just save and reboot since you'll be updating luma and the firmware anyway and you won't be needing an emunand anymore. Now go into settings and update the console, after that replace the boot.firm with the 12.0 and it should boot without any problem

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nothing, just save and reboot since you'll be updating luma and the firmware anyway and you won't be needing an emunand anymore. Now go into settings and update the console, after that replace the boot.firm with the 12.0 and it should boot without any problem
no. at this point. 7.1 firm required a older b9s version. before luma update. you wanna follow the guides updating b9s link

legitfoxpack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no. at this point. 7.1 firm required a older b9s version. before luma update. you wanna follow the guides updating b9s link
I think you're right because I put v12,0 boot.firm on to it and it did not boot up at all. I've switched it back and now it boots up. So, now imma follow the updating guide

legitfoxpack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, forgot about that, here's the tut https://3ds.hacks.guide/updating-b9s
Everything worked out I really appreciate everyone's help. Now, I'm gonna finalize everything and upgrade to a bigger memory.
:yay3ds::toot:

So, I did everything as the guide said to do and I achieved it. There's a part of the guide that said to install and delete CIAs which I did, but there were some other CIAs from what my friend put last time. I was clicking on a few to see what they do and clicked on one called Tiny Format or something like that. It was trying to do something, but I had the option to cancel it which I did and it turned itself off. When I turned on the 3ds, it kinda went back to the first time it started up with the option to choose language and date of birth and so forth. So, I did do that and now everything is back to the original. I can still access Luma, Rosalina, and godmode9.

Last edited by legitfoxpack,
Reactions: lone_wolf323

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1