• Likes 43

Cragdore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello All,

I was looking at no-intro datset and saw that 3DS files are spread across 8 groups:
1) New Nintendo 3DS
2) New Nintendo 3DS (Digital) (Depreciated)
3) Nintendo 3DS
4) Nintendo 3DS (AR Cards)
5) Nintendo 3DS (Digital) (CDN)
6) Nintendo 3DS (Digital) (Depreciated)
7) Nintendo 3DS (Digital) (Dev ROMs)
8) Nintendo 3DS (Digital) (Pre-Install)

What is the difference between these?
What difference does it make if a file is encrypted or not?

Thanks!

Lavender01

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey everyone! I just got my first ever 3ds, it's secondhand and already modded, and i actually wanted to do it myself but this console had a good price and it didn't have to be shipped (i actually picked it up) buttt, i have a bunch of questions. I want to preface these by saying that i have a dsi from when i was 7 which i modded about a year ago, so most of the stuff i learned about modding is from the dsi scene.
1. How do i check the version of luma3ds&boot9strap&godmode9i (assuming they're all on the console)
2. How do i update them?
3. Is it safe to go online with the console? Can i go on the eshop?
4. Are there any brick risks?
5. How do i delete an installed cia?
6. What are the first signs of sd adapter failure? (The sd card is a micro sd in an adapter and i heard adapters can fail)
7. How breakable is the console compared to the dsi xl?
8. Weird question but are cleaning wipes ok to clean the 3ds with? If not then what do i use?
9. There are cracks in the casing, they aren't bad and they won't make the casing fall off, but do i need to do anything with them?
10. Is it normal for modded 3dses to be a bit slow?
Thanks in advance for answering!

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. How do i check the version of luma3ds
Hold select on boot to access Luma3DS menu, it should show what version you have installed.
&boot9strap
There's a homebrew software to check what version of b9s you have, but you can update it whenever.
&godmode9i
There's GodMode9, to access it hold start on boot and select it.
2. How do i update them?
Latest Luma3DS here. Other necessary homebrew apps here.
3. Is it safe to go online with the console? Can i go on the eshop?
Yes, if it's not already banned that is, or region changed.
4. Are there any brick risks?
Just don't delete files randomly, if you do, make sure you are deleting the right file (and not system related ones)..
5. How do i delete an installed cia?
With fbi, go to titles, look for the game or homebrew and uninstall it.
6. What are the first signs of sd adapter failure?
Depends. Are you experiencing any issues?

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have a question.
I just download Pokemon Rumble World on the 3DS eShop and now I wonder, are there cheats for increasing Pokediamonds?

Thanks.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) New Nintendo 3DS
I'd assume that has "new" 3ds exclusive games (cart releases).
2) New Nintendo 3DS (Digital) (Depreciated)
Depreciated or decrypted?
Digital as in eShop releases of ("new" 3ds) games.
3) Nintendo 3DS
(Non-"new") 3ds games (cartridge releases).
4) Nintendo 3DS (AR Cards)
Self-explanatory.
5) Nintendo 3DS (Digital) (CDN)
eShop releases of (3ds) games.
6) Nintendo 3DS (Digital) (Depreciated)
Decrypted? eShop (3ds) games.
What difference does it make if a file is encrypted or not?
"Decrypted" cias are mainly used for Citra, if you're not planning on using it, just ignore..
====
Is it normal for modded 3dses to be a bit slow?
How slow? Depends on the sd card' storage capacity, formatting and how many titles you have installed. Is it over 30 secs (or 1min)?

Lavender01

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hey, i am back. i need some help with the sd card, because there is a shit ton of bullcrap on there, like hacked gba games and stuff, and a boot (1).nds file and it's just a mess. can i send a screenshot to someone for them to review the files and tell me which ones i can and can't delete?
edit: i will add a screenshot rn
Schermafbeelding 2023-02-23 083148.png

Schermafbeelding 2023-02-23 083249.png

Schermafbeelding 2023-02-23 083313.png

Last edited by Lavender01,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, i am back. i need some help with the sd card, because there is a shit ton of bullcrap on there, like hacked gba games and stuff, and a boot (1).nds file and it's just a mess. can i send a screenshot to someone for them to review the files and tell me which ones i can and can't delete?
edit: i will add a screenshot rn
View attachment 355007
View attachment 355008
View attachment 355009
That was in response to you ( my previous message) Keep boot.nds, probably r4imenu, and roms as well if using a flash cart for TwilightMenu.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't recall what _gba is, but keep _nds, 3ds, luma, Nintendo-3DS, boot.firm, and boot.3dsx.
_gba has GBArunner2, and _nds is for TWilightMenu iirc. He/she might not need them since he/she has a hacked DSi..
I'd move those roms from there, or remove them if you won't use them.
Also, worth a mention, you could always start from scratch, remove everything and follow the guide here to get only the necessary stuff and you can go from there.

Reactions: godreborn

Lavender01

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can't recall what _gba is, but keep _nds, 3ds, luma, Nintendo-3DS, boot.firm, and boot.3dsx.
the _gba is from twilight menu, you get a lot of extra folders when you download it and i assume it was all thrown on the sd card. but i can just delete all the other stuff?
Post automatically merged:

i also have another problem, i cannot install any games, the games are .3ds and i changed the file extension to .cia and fbi still did not give me the option to install

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the _gba is from twilight menu, you get a lot of extra folders when you download it and i assume it was all thrown on the sd card. but i can just delete all the other stuff?

i also have another problem, i cannot install any games, the games are .3ds and i changed the file extension to .cia and fbi still did not give me the option to install
.3ds is for flash cards.

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Lavender01

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
_gba has GBArunner2, and _nds is for TWilightMenu iirc. He/she might not need them since he/she has a hacked DSi..
I'd move those roms from there, or remove them if you won't use them.
Also, worth a mention, you could always start from scratch, remove everything and follow the guide here to get only the necessary stuff and you can go from there.
ok, that won't damage anything?
also, my pronouns are she/her :)

.3ds is for flash cards.
right ok, then what do i do?

Lavender01

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't think it's possible to convert a 3ds to cia. And, yes, everything else can be deleted.
ok so, do i just need to download .cia files? i found some cia files but they all seem to be from the eshop... so that means i can't download games that were dumped from a cartridge?

aw man there is SO many files on the sd card... and in all the folders too...
can i format the sd card and then download the files all over again?

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but i can just delete all the other stuff?
I can't list what every file/folder does, it's too much time consuming for me rn. just like mentioned above, you want to keep the Nintendo 3ds, boot.firm (Luma3DS), Luma & gm9 folders, everything else is up to you.
You can't install .3ds files you need to convert them to .cia files first, then install them. You can do that in GodMode9.
ok, that won't damage anything?
Nope, just copy that Nintendo 3ds (and any other file or folder), again, if you intend to use it..

Reactions: godreborn

Lavender01

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can't list what every file/folder does, it's too much time consuming for me rn. just like mentioned above, you want to keep the Nintendo 3ds, boot.firm (Luma3DS), Luma & gm9 folders, everything else is up to you.

You can't install .3ds files you need to convert them to .cia files first, then install them. You can do that in GodMode9.

Nope, just copy that Nintendo 3ds (and any other file or folder), again, if you intend to use it..
ok, but can i just format the sd card and then install all the necessary files again? or is that dangerous? i also have no idea if luma3ds is injected into the ctrnand so yeah

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    denpafan @ denpafan: Good choice +1