• Views 4,466,875
  • Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is it possible to safely remove all CFW in the future if I want to reset my console to factory settings?
It isn't, really. While there are uninstall instructions, they are not necessarily safe or reliable and they probably won't reset your console exactly to factory settings; they might also make it more difficult to re-install CFW in the future. It is very much not recommended. See https://gbatemp.net/threads/about-removing-b9s-and-the-safety-test.541718/ .

Of course, most people will tell you that there's really no reason you would ever want to uninstall CFW.

Reactions: CrimsonRed

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's for the Switch, I am talking about a 3DS.
Go to the 'Connection Settings' in the 'System Settings', highlight your connection, and then change the DNS address through there.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
is it safe to install a System Update?
I'm assuming this is about compatibility of CFW with current official software. Answer: Yes, it is safe on latest version of Luma3DS.
https://3ds.hacks.guide/faq#q-is-it-safe-to-update-my-3ds-to-the-latest-version-with-cfw

If you want a bit more theory about firmware updates: There is an interesting blog entry (about Wii). Well worth reading.

To sum it up: firmware updates always carry some kind of risk (example: interruption due to power failure or connection lost). A device should have some fault tolerance in this regard. I really tried bricking a 3DS with interrupting an update at various points… but didn't succeed (yeah, that sounds mad: I didn't succeed in bricking…)
With the B9S bootloader, even a failed update is not a permanent software brick: We can always restore a backup… or even repair the firmware without one.

Good luck and have fun!

Altharic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I should be getting an original 3ds I would like to use solely for homebrew in particular emulators what's the best custom firmware to achieve this?

thanks

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should be getting an original 3ds I would like to use solely for homebrew in particular emulators what's the best custom firmware to achieve this?

thanks
There's only one. As to what "best" method to follow, that depends on what firmware you're on. Take a look at the 3ds.guide site to get an idea.

javipro_04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
My first post was literally a Bible, my second one was ranted by an admin 😔 so could I ask something quick here? I think my question will not break the rules :)

Best way to transfer Pokémon from any gen to any further gen?

I'm new in this world and I recently CFWed my console (3DS XL). Referring to Pokémon, I'd like to know what's the best way to pass my Pokémon Gen1 to Gen7; my G II ones to VII (Bank or Pkhex?); III - VI to VII (Pksm or Pkhex?) and how (save editing)? Sorry, sorry for not being legit :yay3ds:

Any similar post with helpful repliea?

Thanks.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first post was literally a Bible, my second one was ranted by an admin 😔 so could I ask something quick here? I think my question will not break the rules :)

Best way to transfer Pokémon from any gen to any further gen?

I'm new in this world and I recently CFWed my console (3DS XL). Referring to Pokémon, I'd like to know what's the best way to pass my Pokémon Gen1 to Gen7; my G II ones to VII (Bank or Pkhex?); III - VI to VII (Pksm or Pkhex?) and how (save editing)? Sorry, sorry for not being legit :yay3ds:

Any similar post with helpful repliea?

Thanks.
Depends on if you want to do it the legit way or not, it sure is tedious doing it that way (legit). If not, transfering pokemon is as simple as a drag and drop with PKHeX, i'm talking about transferring from Gen3/4/5 to Gen6/7 games. You can also transfer from Gen6/7 to the Switch games (if they allow it) without the need of Pokémon Bank.
As for Gen1&2 games, you can transfer pokemon from the 3DS VC versions of those games to the Gen6/7 games with Poke Transporter app & Pokémon Bank. Not sure if the saves can be usable in PKHeX to transfer Pokémon (same for original cart saves)..
Hope that helps!

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi. I want to edit the image and sound of a CIA file. I have never done that, I did a little research and I found out some outdated tools. Many dead links.

What is the best and easiest way to do this? Nothing fancy, just change the image when selecting the CIA and the sound it makes. Thank you.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
Heyah o/ !
I've quite a dumb but not easy question. I'd like to get some themes on my 3DS. But the idea is that i'd like them to work like official themes and how to get them aka being on the menu of the 3DS on the side and not in a homebrew app like Anemone. I'm really curious if this is possible ?

Thanks a lot o/

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heyah o/ !
I've quite a dumb but not easy question. I'd like to get some themes on my 3DS. But the idea is that i'd like them to work like official themes and how to get them aka being on the menu of the 3DS on the side and not in a homebrew app like Anemone. I'm really curious if this is possible ?

Thanks a lot o/
iirc, you have to install them like a cia. they'll know where to go. I'm basing this on memory as I used an official theme from a compilation. I wanted a majora's mask theme to go with my majora's mask system. anyway, you can only have 100 themes, then you have to delete what you don't need if it's a compilation.

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
iirc, you have to install them like a cia. they'll know where to go. I'm basing this on memory as I used an official theme from a compilation. I wanted a majora's mask theme to go with my majora's mask system. anyway, you can only have 100 themes, then you have to delete what you don't need if it's a compilation.
So going for a cia would do the job ? Is there any tool allowing to gather some themes and do that ?
Thanks a lot o/

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo