• Replies 53,784
  • Likes 43

BenoitRen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm not sure if this is the place to ask my question, as I'm not a noob, but here goes...

I have SaltFW on my Old 3DS. It works well, but unfortunately the project was abandoned. Since then new exploits have been found, and most importantly, it has become possible to write a CFW into internal memory, eliminating the need to have an SD card in your 3DS at all times. This is the main reason why I'd like an alternative.

Is there an alternative CFW that is as lightweight as SaltFW?

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I'm trying to get rid of the gateway on my 9.0 or 9.2 gateway (MSET cia by gateway installed) and move to luma. Are there any special steps I need ot follow that aren't covered in the 3ds guide website?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'm trying to get rid of the gateway on my 9.0 or 9.2 gateway (MSET cia by gateway installed) and move to luma. Are there any special steps I need ot follow that aren't covered in the 3ds guide website?
You need to back up your saves before you do anything else. I'll find a guide for you.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Nollog
Here's what to do:
  1. Get FBI.3ds from https://github.com/steveice10/fbi/releases and put it on your red card microSD
  2. Get JKSM.cia from https://github.com/J-D-K/JKSM/releases and put it on your console's SD card
  3. Boot Gateway sysNAND mode, run FBI and use it to install JKSM (inside FBI, open the menu item called SD, navigate to JKSM.cia and press A on it and install it)
  4. Follow https://gbatemp.net/threads/importing-gateway-saves-to-cia-games.425743/ to export all your games (don't have to import the saves yet)
  5. Follow https://3ds.guide and when it gives you the option to move emuNAND, do that too
  6. Follow the guide on the OP of the Noob Paradise thread on how to install freeShop, or, convert your 3ds format games to cia by looking at https://3ds.guide/godmode9-usage and install them with FBI
  7. Import your saves to your installed games with JKSM
  8. Put your Gateway card in a drawer and don't look at it again

Reactions: Nollog

SirRom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an O2ds with CFW (went through the guide with ntrboot). Can I play games online?

Is there a difference in playing a cart online and something from the fshop app?

None of my games are hacked if that helps.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have an O2ds with CFW (went through the guide with ntrboot). Can I play games online?

Is there a difference in playing a cart online and something from the fshop app?

None of my games are hacked if that helps.
Yes

Physical games (original, or roms loaded via Gateway/clones, or roms on true flashcards like Sky3DS) have an unique serial number, which Nintendo may keep track of (they definitely did, at least in the past):
same game played online on 1 console, all fine;
same game played online on 3 consoles, oh this kid is doing free advertising loaning his games to his friends;
same game played online on 6 consoles, cool this guy bought every redesign of the 3DS;
same game played online on 1000 consoles across the world in 3 days, weeeeelll......
Digital games (of any imaginable origin, including converted physical game backups) don't have anything identifying the specific copy of the game

SirRom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes

Physical games (original, or roms loaded via Gateway/clones, or roms on true flashcards like Sky3DS) have an unique serial number, which Nintendo may keep track of (they definitely did, at least in the past):
same game played online on 1 console, all fine;
same game played online on 3 consoles, oh this kid is doing free advertising loaning his games to his friends;
same game played online on 6 consoles, cool this guy bought every redesign of the 3DS;
same game played online on 1000 consoles across the world in 3 days, weeeeelll......
Digital games (of any imaginable origin, including converted physical game backups) don't have anything identifying the specific copy of the game

So if using fshop all is okay? I am not using a flashcart to play roms.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So if using fshop all is okay? I am not using a flashcart to play roms.
Yes, there is no functional difference (on a system with CFW) while running software from the SD, regardless of which source/tool you use for installing a digital game

(There are some minor differences, but they are not of interest to the common user doing everyday operations; for instance, you can't meaningfully system transfer any 3DS title you didn't actually buy, even if both consoles are modded in the same exact way - because the license transfer is done server-side)

Carro179

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Can someone help me? When I try to install B9S, my led power lits up and stays solid, but the screen doesn´t turn on. When I remove the magnet, it will just boot normally, and when I stop pressing the buttons, it shuts down. I´m using an R4i SDHC Dual Core 3DS DSi. I did the flashing, and everything went ok. Here´s an image of my SD files. Also, for some reason, my 3DS keeps creating the files boot9.bin, boot11.bin and otp.bin inside the boot9strap folder
Captura.PNG

Sorry if i´m a noob

Last edited by Carro179,

PhantomDiclonius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a hacked old 3DS, a hacked N2DSXL, and a normal Switch linked with my NNID. I was in the process of speaking with Nintendo asking to have my NNID transfered from my old 3DS to my N2DSXL but I just recently realized that I do not need to have a NNID installed on my N2DSXL to play online. What I would like to ask, is there any benefit to have a hacked N2DSXL or 3DS linked with your NNID? Or would it be better for me to keep my N2DSXL as is so that I do not run the risk not only getting my N2DSXL banned but my Switch banned as well?

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Can someone help me? When I try to install B9S, my led power lits up and stays solid, but the screen doesn´t turn on. When I remove the magnet, it will just boot normally, and when I stop pressing the buttons, it shuts down. I´m using an R4i SDHC Dual Core 3DS DSi. I did the flashing, and everything went ok. Here´s an image of my SD files. Also, for some reason, my 3DS keeps creating the files boot9.bin, boot11.bin and otp.bin inside the boot9strap folder
Sorry if i´m a noob
what's the filesize of your boot.firm file that's on SD root?

is there any benefit to have a hacked N2DSXL or 3DS linked with your NNID?
well if you want to buy anything from the eShop you need an NNID linked & logged in

PhantomDiclonius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well if you want to buy anything from the eShop you need an NNID linked & logged in[/QUOTE said:
So if I just buy all my games physically and dump them to my N2DSXL, would that make linking with NNID pointless then? And hypothetically, if I were to link my NNID with my hacked N2DSXL and for some reason I get banned, would my Switch with the same NNID also be banned?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
View attachment 132631
Sorry if i´m a noob
If it shuts down when you release the buttons, that means it can't find boot.firm on the root of your SD card. Either your SD card is bad, or you're accidentally putting the files on the flashcart SD instead of the console SD.

But, if it comes out of sleep mode when you remove the magnet, ntrboot did not work.

It can't be both - do you mean you are holding the buttons still, when you remove the magnet?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have a hacked old 3DS, a hacked N2DSXL, and a normal Switch linked with my NNID. I was in the process of speaking with Nintendo asking to have my NNID transfered from my old 3DS to my N2DSXL but I just recently realized that I do not need to have a NNID installed on my N2DSXL to play online. What I would like to ask, is there any benefit to have a hacked N2DSXL or 3DS linked with your NNID? Or would it be better for me to keep my N2DSXL as is so that I do not run the risk not only getting my N2DSXL banned but my Switch banned as well?
If there is money or games linked with that NNID and you want to redownload them, you might want to have the NNID, otherwise you don't need it. The NNID shouldn't affect the Switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/j-JgIxFZTKY?si=9yG57ooZm1wvSOsz