• Views 4,456,608
  • Replies 53,770
  • Likes 43

hellblazer32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
copy the games back onto it then, it must of just had a little corruption of the filesystem, but it should be good to do,

but for me, I would most likely buy a new one
Well I couldn't copy the games as it would just freeze.
I've ordered a proper branded one now so will just copy it all over tomorrow.
Thanks for the help either way :)

Sub Zippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This started with my wife's Freeshop being stuck on 2.2.0. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling it (I think?) and using the program's auto update option, but it never goes past 2.2.0. I let it go for a few months but now I tried to open Luma3DS and it stops at 'Fetching latest release data...' 'could not get status code
Ret code -660561860

FATAL ERROR
Failed to obtain required data'

FBI won't update:
Failed to check for update
Result code: 0xD8A0A03C
Level: Permanent (27)
Summary: Invalid State (5)
Module: HTTP (40)
Desc: Failed to verift TLS certificate (60)

I do very little modding beyond the basics and freeshop on this 3ds, I'm surprised I'm having problems. Any ideas how I might proceed in getting it updated?

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
This started with my wife's Freeshop being stuck on 2.2.0. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling it (I think?) and using the program's auto update option, but it never goes past 2.2.0. I let it go for a few months but now I tried to open Luma3DS and it stops at 'Fetching latest release data...' 'could not get status code
Ret code -660561860

FATAL ERROR
Failed to obtain required data'

FBI won't update:
Failed to check for update
Result code: 0xD8A0A03C
Level: Permanent (27)
Summary: Invalid State (5)
Module: HTTP (40)
Desc: Failed to verift TLS certificate (60)

I do very little modding beyond the basics and freeshop on this 3ds, I'm surprised I'm having problems. Any ideas how I might proceed in getting it updated?
your freeshop is from the stoneages, it needs updating https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-community-freeshop-fork-open-source-eshop-alternative.483159/

Sub Zippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Sub Zippo,

Sub Zippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edited last comment. The second time it said the install was successful but freeshop is still 2.2.0. I erased it from the default data manager, downloaded again from your link, still 2.2.0.

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
Edited last comment. The second time it said the install was successful but freeshop is still 2.2.0. I erased it from the default data manager, downloaded again from your link, still 2.2.0.
I just downloaded it myself, from the QR linked int he thread, the same is below, and it's v4.1.0, then updated to 4.1.2 after that

114379-a00383026a66186a9e10b03ab5d6e9a1.jpg

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Done it, several times, including just now before I scanned and installed the link Hunter posted.
OK, well you can use the homebrew launcher version. In the thread linked by Hunter, go to the source, and download the 3dsx. Put it in your 3ds folder. Run it from the homebrew launcher.

Sub Zippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, well you can use the homebrew launcher version. In the thread linked by Hunter, go to the source, and download the 3dsx. Put it in your 3ds folder. Run it from the homebrew launcher.

Done. Deleted the old software again, the icon was gone, downloaded to PC, copied to SD card, installed, new gift icon, 2.2.0.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Reactions: Sub Zippo

Sub Zippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

Sub Zippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think he ever would have linked you to there, he linked to the correct place:

Anyway now that you're actually following our instructions it should work for you.
That's totally what the last QR code got me, but your links brought it up to date. Guess I just got lost somewhere. Thanks.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
That's totally what the last QR code got me, but your links brought it up to date. Guess I just got lost somewhere. Thanks.
It's a mystery how that happened, since the link you provided did not have a link to source nor a download for the 3dsx file, so I wonder how you were able to follow the instructions I gave regarding trying the homebrew launcher version. And I was curious to see if Hunter made a mistake with the QR code he put on his post, so I tried installing it but lo and behold it was the 4.1.0 version like he said. Proof below. Glad you got it working in the end though.

Reactions: Hunter

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo