Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I haven't upgraded anything as of yet, that's why I was a tad curious that GM9 wasn't booting. I assume the issue will be fixed when I upgrade...(though I hear the new luma is buggy af)
What did you do? You said you "tried to update" and it "didn't work". Sounded like you updated B9S.

Beorn_Orwell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What did you do? You said you "tried to update" and it "didn't work". Sounded like you updated B9S.

I went on Luma Updater, saw a new stable Version, and hit download, I later learned about the B9S upgrade. I haven't updated B9S or GM9 yet. (and Luma didn't work, obviously)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Luma Updater does not do this. It will only download the latest Luma release for b9s, not for a9lh or anything else.
I thought I remembered someone asking why Luma Updater kept downloading only the 7.1 version, I thought it was because they were in b9s 1.0 and the Updater knew not to download 8.0.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I remembered someone asking why Luma Updater kept downloading only the 7.1 version, I thought it was because they were in b9s 1.0 and the Updater knew not to download 8.0.
No, Updater will always download the latest release available. As for why it kept downloading 7.1, I have no clue as others on 7.1 have downloaded the latest version successfully (albeit their system didn't boot afterwards because they didn't update b9s). Updater has no b9s version checks in place.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
No, Updater will always download the latest release available. As for why it kept downloading 7.1, I have no clue as others on 7.1 have downloaded the latest version successfully (albeit their system didn't boot afterwards because they didn't update b9s). Updater has no b9s version checks in place.
Ah OK - thanks for the correction!!! One less bad advice I might give :-s

Beorn_Orwell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I am in B9S 1.0 and I tried using Luma Updater a few days ago (kind of stupid, but I digress) I checked later and I am still on Luma 7.1

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am in B9S 1.0 and I tried using Luma Updater a few days ago (kind of stupid, but I digress) I checked later and I am still on Luma 7.1
Which is odd, because of what I said here:

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Interesting! Did you definitely have working internet connected? @KunoichiZ is the dev, so one would assume she'd know what her app can do...

Beorn_Orwell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Which is odd, because of what I said here:

Don't know what to tell you as others have successfully downloaded the update. *shrugs*

My Godmode9 stopped booting also, I dunno, I am in the process of moving to a new city..(hence the mixup in update order) I am going to do the entire B9S and Luma update tomorrow and that should overwrite any issues I have. (My 3DS also booted after the update, too, and I have seen a fair amount of people having problems if they update Luma first)
Interesting, anyway......

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Can I update using flashcarts (gateway, sky3ds)

I know, I know. I can use ctrnand or install the system titles manually with DevMenu or even just run the update directly from the system settings (and I've done all of those in the past)
Just curious
I can try it myself on an emunand and restore if shit happens, but if anyone has tried it and it doesn't work, then I can save time right

skeletor916

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another noob question.... I started with a New 3DS XL on 9.something and followed the 3ds.guide to get to the Finalizing Setup part.

Am I still good to update to the newest firmware? Seems scary to do so...

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Another noob question.... I started with a New 3DS XL on 9.something and followed the 3ds.guide to get to the Finalizing Setup part.

Am I still good to update to the newest firmware? Seems scary to do so...
As long as you already have boot9strap and Luma you're good to go. The guide is updated very quickly and as long as the guide tells you to update you're safe

skeletor916

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as you already have boot9strap and Luma you're good to go. The guide is updated very quickly and as long as the guide tells you to update you're safe

Thanks. I definitely have Luma, since I can boot into it by holding select and powering on... Is there a way to test boot9strap?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @K3Nv2