• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey... on.
Try setting up a splash screen and enabling the option "before payloads" in the luma config screen.
I think there are instructions about how to create a splash screen in the luma's repository or in the wiki.

Also try luma 7.0.2, as it has some blackscreen fixed

Last edited by Arubaro,

LUCIFXR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you hold start while booting, you should get to GodMode9 or Hourglass9. In GM9, press something like Home -> more -> Nand backup. In Hourglass9, maybe Sysnand options -> nand backup. I'm not sure exactly where they are but you should be able to find nand backup option there somewhere. If not, google Hourglass9 nand backup or GodMode9 nand backup.
Thank you so much man, you helped out a lot!! I'll do this later :)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I have an Old3DS wth a9lh + luma, I would like to system transfer to a New 3DS (stock, no a9lh or luma 11.4)
My hacked console will keep a9lh after system transfer?
Yes it will, your stock console won't show any pirated games though, only ones you bought or downloaded legitimately.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey, new here. Not sure if i should post here, or somewhere specific to luma3ds but, about a year ago i hacked my 3ds and put rxtools on it, as a lot of people were at the time, and i came back to it a few months ago to find rxtools no longer supported so decided to switch over to luma3ds but had a big issue, suddenly nothing was recognising that i had an emunand set up bar rxtools its self, i spent a long time considering just starting again from scratch before i remembered rxtools could dump emunands, so i dumped the emunand, wiped the sd card and re-set up the emunand, it boots fine into rxtools still but i can't for the life if me manage to install luma3ds and boot into that. I know i'm skimping out by not installing arm9loaderhax but i don't wanna go through the rigmarole of downgrading the sysnand again, then doing more stuff that could potentially brick it considering how little experience i have and how much things seem to have gone wrong, so i'd prefer to stick with menuhax to boot into luma, since there's quite a few places that say i can do that.
I can get to the luma3ds configuration setup thing, i configure it to use emunand 1, have it show the strings in system settings and all that, but then when it reboots, menuhax loads up fine, doesn't crash (no yellow bottom screen at least), but luma3ds just doesn't start, the screen just stays black. is there any way i can figure out what's going on? or a straight up solution? i've tried removing everything to do with rxtools, going back a fair few versions on luma3ds (6.3.1 was the earliest i tried) and trying to load luma3ds through the homebrew menu to no avail. Another thing i should mention, for some reason booting into rxtools the red flashes for only a second, but when trying to boot into luma3ds it hangs for a couple of seconds before carrying on.
Hold Select while booting Luma and turn off the autoboot sysNAND option. Edit: I hadn't read the whole post because it was a bit long, thought you just couldn't get into emuNAND on Luma. Did you try a different SD card?

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Reactions: djalmafreestyler

theoldbucwild

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I have a simple question. Before I got CFW, I used Homebrew and used mGBA. I got a bunch of GBA games in there with there respected saves. Now that I have CFW I am able to create VC cia icons. You see, I played Mother 3 (English Fan Translation) and I'm on around Chapter 8, so I was wondering if I make a cia icon for it if I can transfer the save over. Pretty much I'm asking if I can play mother 3 on my 3ds as a virtual console without losing the save.

theoldbucwild

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also another question if I may. A few years back I bought a Pokémon Ruby cartridge. I actually found out it was fake, but the game played fine. No save issues or nothing. Is there a way I can transfer that to a PC or get my Pokémon off the file to my Gen 4 game?

jegig

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Does ctr-httpwn let me bypass online requirement on cfw?,im using gateway on 11.2 emunand,i tried to go online on mh xx,but it needed new update on firmware,so i tried using ctr hhtpwn,but when i ried again,same result,is there something im missing,or ctr httpwn is only for eshop?,thanks

Last edited by jegig,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Also another question if I may. A few years back I bought a Pokémon Ruby cartridge. I actually found out it was fake, but the game played fine. No save issues or nothing. Is there a way I can transfer that to a PC or get my Pokémon off the file to my Gen 4 game?
You could use a DS Pokemon game and transfer the Pokemon on a DS Lite with both cartridges inserted. Then you could use Poke Transporter to move them to a 3DS game, in a 3DS. Not sure exactly how it works, but that should help you get started.

britain4

Trophies
XP
Country
So I have a NAND backup from when I was running 11.2, it was the first thing I did as soon as I had the option to do it. I've just updated to 11.4 which works great but I have a question - if I ever were to restore my old NAND backup would it just put me back on 11.2 (which is fine) or would that not work and should I create a new one?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So I have a NAND backup from when I was running 11.2, it was the first thing I did as soon as I had the option to do it. I've just updated to 11.4 which works great but I have a question - if I ever were to restore my old NAND backup would it just put me back on 11.2 (which is fine) or would that not work and should I create a new one?
It would restore to the state the 3ds was when taking the backup

Reactions: britain4

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm considering hacking my (stock) N3DS.

It's the Pokemon Sun and Moon N3DS.

The reason why I've not hacked it (or even opened it) yet is because I didn't like the fact that I would have to open up the battery cover to access the msd card.

I was told that I wouldn't need to do that much because of homebr3w and some other things. Is that true?

Also, if I was to hack it would I need to put in new files for AL9H or could I just copy the ones I already have on my 2DS?

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm considering hacking my (stock) N3DS.

It's the Pokemon Sun and Moon N3DS.

The reason why I've not hacked it (or even opened it) yet is because I didn't like the fact that I would have to open up the battery cover to access the msd card.

I was told that I wouldn't need to do that much because of homebr3w and some other things. Is that true?

Also, if I was to hack it would I need to put in new files for AL9H or could I just copy the ones I already have on my 2DS?
You only need to remove if few times. Just remove the cover, tape the battery temporarily in place so it doesn't fall off, finish the guide, remove tape, and put it back on. You can use FTP to move files to your 3DS and just install digital games using eShop, freeShop, or CIAngel.

Trophies
XP
Country
You only need to remove if few times. Just remove the cover, tape the battery temporarily in place so it doesn't fall off, finish the guide, remove tape, and put it back on. You can use FTP to move files to your 3DS and just install digital games using eShop, freeShop, or CIAngel.
Can I move themes using FTP?

Trophies
XP
Country
You can even move a game CIA with FTP, but I don't recommend it unless it's a small game. Themes are small so they move pretty fast. I move save files, themes, payload, hax, small games, and more with FTP.
Oh, okay, thank you. Should I put the screws in a small plate? I have a phone that has a microsd slot so I can use as a way to put files on the sd card.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, okay, thank you. Should I put the screws in a small plate? I have a phone that has a microsd slot so I can use as a way to put files on the sd card.
Welcome. The screws are attached to the backplate. Unless you break your backplate, it's REALLY hard to actually remove them.
Edit. Removing the back plate from 3DS is easy. Removing screws from the back plate is not.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused. My 2DS has screws covering the battery, it's not the same with the (N)3DS?
Totally different. You don't need to remove the backplate on 2DS to pop out the SD card. The N3DS backplate has to be popped off to access microSD card. The screws are held in place by retention clips. They'll screw out, but will be attached to the backplate.

Trophies
XP
Country
Totally different. You don't need to remove the backplate on 2DS to pop out the SD card. The N3DS backplate has to be popped off to access microSD card. The screws are held in place by retention clips. They'll screw out, but will be attached to the backplate.
I know that the 2DS has a SD slot on the right side. I thought that the N3DS had screws on the back like the 2ds. So, I didn't open my N3DS for a stupid reason?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum