• Likes 43

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
huh, I always thought they were different in some way. The more you know :lol:
Yeah, people used the trick to write their EmuNAND to SysNAND (and vice versa) to accomplish a few things, like downloading patches from the eShop even though EmuNAND didn't support eShop at that time.

scicol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, people used the trick to write their EmuNAND to SysNAND (and vice versa) to accomplish a few things, like downloading patches from the eShop even though EmuNAND didn't support eShop at that time.
Oh, I always though they'd updated their sysNAND and kept the data on the SD card. Is it because the update data and eshop purcahses are tied to NAND, not just the machine? Or maybe people have just meant the NAND all along but used 'tied to the machine' for convenience?

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh, I always though they'd updated their sysNAND and kept the data on the SD card. Is it because the update data and eshop purcahses are tied to NAND, not just the machine? Or maybe people have just meant the NAND all along but used 'tied to the machine' for convenience?
Well, it's technically tied to the NAND, but since the NAND is specific to your device (It won't work on any other 3DS), effectively it's tied to your 3DS.

scicol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, it's technically tied to the NAND, but since the NAND is specific to your device (It won't work on any other 3DS), effectively it's tied to your 3DS.
So since sysNAND andd emuNAND are byte for byte copies, wouldn't eShop purchases work on both. From what I've read on here is that purchases made on one type of NAND do not work on the other?

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So since sysNAND andd emuNAND are byte for byte copies, wouldn't eShop purchases work on both. From what I've read on here is that purchases made on one type of NAND do not work on the other?
It's not like that. It's that if you purchase something on, say, your EmuNAND, then it will store the purchase ticket on the EmuNAND. Similarly, if you purchase something on SysNAND, then it will store the purchase ticket on the SysNAND.
If you then copy the EmuNAND with the tickets over to the SysNAND, then your SysNAND will also have these tickets. (Or vice versa.)

Now, the thing is... If you check your Data Management in SysNAND while you purchased something in EmuNAND, then it will notice you have eShop content on your SD card even though it can't find the purchase tickets for this. Your SysNAND will then remove this eShop data from the SD card.
I think that is what people are talking about when they say eShop purchases don't work on both.

Reactions: scicol

scicol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not like that. It's that if you purchase something on, say, your EmuNAND, then it will store the purchase ticket on the EmuNAND. Similarly, if you purchase something on SysNAND, then it will store the purchase ticket on the SysNAND.
If you then copy the EmuNAND with the tickets over to the SysNAND, then your SysNAND will also have these tickets. (Or vice versa.)

Now, the thing is... If you check your Data Management in SysNAND while you purchased something in EmuNAND, then it will notice you have eShop content on your SD card even though it can't find the purchase tickets for this. Your SysNAND will then remove this eShop data from the SD card.
I think that is what people are talking about when they say eShop purchases don't work on both.
Ah this makes a lot of sense, thanks much for clearing all this up. In other news Gateway decided to magically format emuNAND after the nth try, all is looking up B-)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well if your intention is to get a backup of 8.x emunand for future use, just set up emunand and use emunand tool to extract the emunand, then format the card and remove the emunand partition using a partition manager

Blueie

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yeah, that's a good way of going about it. I was just curious if there's a quick way of skipping the emuNAND when booting into GW mode, having to put in another SD seemed needlessly inconvenient to me.

While we're at it, which emuNAND mode should I be booted into when I update to 8.x; normal or classic? Or it doesn't matter?

TY89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
sn't it possible to save on my retail copy of pokemon y, like normally without using a gateway at all, in gateway classic mode? If not, would it even be worth keeping the retail game? has it any benefits, comparing to a downloaded or dumped rom?

and is it the same thing for mario golf? as I read that saving is different for pokemon and animal crossing.

D1N0nly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I've had my 3ds stashed up in my drawer for a long time waiting for it to be hacked and I'm wondering.... Has it been hacked yet????

SephirothPlayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What about upgrading 3DS's firmware. Let's assume I have 3DS with firmware lower than 4.1 and I want to upgrade it (to 4.5 for example) and I don't have any original 3DS game cartridges. What options do I have?

Connador

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are the requirements for loading Smealum's SSSPwn known yet? From what I understand on his website, it sounds like it will use a DS flashcard like the current exploits but I just want to confirm that with someone who knows a bit more about the scene than me.

Basically, I want to know if I'm going to need to download something from the eShop really quickly before it's taken down like how things are with the Vita. Or, I'll just need to leisurely order a flashcart online and wait for it to arrive. All of my games for the 3DS are physical, which probably isn't going to work (if a 3DS game is required for the exploit.)

I've noticed a red light coming from inside the 3DS XL, on the down left corner, while playing in a dark room. What is it? Should I be worried?

That's strange, but I doubt that it's a problem. Sounds more like the housing on your 3DS is letting light from the bottom screen to escape, or one of the LEDs on the system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0